The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Queen Elizabeth II's - Platinum Jubilee!

Queen Elizabeth II's - Platinum Jubilee!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...
  13. 16
  14. 17
  15. 18
  16. All
mhaze,

Voters don't always buy what governments are selling as the
last election proves.

O Sung Wu,

I guess we can only speak from our own experiences
regarding Princess Diana. I've not had the experiences
that you have had. I've only read several
biographies and newspaper and magazine articles on her -
however you've experienced things first hand - and I think
that probably does make a big difference.

______________________________________________________________________Here's some more news on the royals:

We're told that " Scandal plagued Prince Andrew whose role in
the Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebrations was already as low key
as possible, now won't appear at all after he tested positive
for COVID-19."

Buckingham Palace confirmed the Duke of York's positive result
on Thursday.

"After undertaking a routine test the Duke has tested positive
for COVID and with regret will no longer be attending tomorrow's
service," a spokesman for the palace said.

He last saw the Queen just days ago. That will be a concern as
a positive test for the monarch could ruin the Jubilee.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 4 June 2022 5:43:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I have just finished watching the Premiere of
Her Majesty The Queen's Platinum Jubilee Celebration
on Channel 7Plus. It was awesome. All the pomp and
pageantry that you would expect. Countries of the
Commonwealth taking part and the final speech given
by Dame Helen Mirren dressed as Queen Elizabeth I.
A truly remarkable evening and a wonderful kick-start
to the days of celebration to follow.

An amazing evening for all concerned that will live in
so many memories. Beautifully done.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 4 June 2022 10:55:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The queen is a nice old lady, but I think my skeptical grandmother was probably a more interesting conversationalist.
Posted by david f, Saturday, 4 June 2022 11:04:57 PM
I'm sorry FOXY if you think I'm wantonly attempting to sully Di's image & memory. Perhaps all I can say is, coppers can tend to be wingers and can only see & hear the worst in people, even the mega famous. On the other hand a VIP can often win over his/her close protection detail, by a small act of kindness.

As an example; I was on the close protection roster for George BUSH Snr, when he visited Australia back in the day. And I was detailed to be the liaison officer between the Secret Service and the police.

Albeit he was on Australian soil, under our jurisdiction, the Secret Service had total say on what protective measures were to be taken for the President. Irrespective what our own threat assessment on him might conclude? The US S/S and myself, were located in the M/V garage under the Consul General's residence. They numbered about ten from memory and myself.

Apparently he was to spend the night at the Chancellery with us in the garage. The senior S/S Officer, asked me to remove my F/A and I had to comply, as I was technically on US Soil. He was clearly embarrassed, explaining that, as I was not security cleared by them, therefore even though I was the Liaison officer between them an us (the police) there was a risk I might try to assassinate him!

For my trouble I finished my all night shift, clutching business cards, badges, and all manner of nick knacks bearing the US S/S Badge. Even stuff from Air Force 1 matches and other S/S ephemera. To this day I still receive a Christmas Card from one of the S/S fellows. And can they all eat! We enjoyed all manner of snacks, and goodies, all for the S/S guys. They're amongst the most generous group of people, of any nation, I've had to work with I reckon.
Posted by o sung wu, Sunday, 5 June 2022 12:10:25 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3ENX3aHlqU&ab_channel=axedagobert22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al7ONqrdscY&ab_channel=PabloSastre

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Sunday, 5 June 2022 12:37:36 AM
I feel that Foxy's positive comments on the Queen are disingenuous- especially given her associated comments on the apparently contradictory Republic. Personally I find Foxy's comments offensive and lower her in my estimation. In the same complimentary comment Foxy is denying the Queens rightful existence- I'm sure Foxy is a hoot at funerals.

Voltaire's principle needs to be used wisely...
Posted by Canem Malum, Sunday, 5 June 2022 3:49:47 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...