The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Where Are Our Skilled Workers Today?

Where Are Our Skilled Workers Today?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. 20
  13. All
Cont...

On the same day the 12th of December Menzies delivers a speech in a church in Sydney as reported in the Tribune:

The Federal Attorney-General (Mr. Menzies) pleaded yesterday for friendship with the Reich.

"I am making a risky plea for under standing with this country, since I know it will all be misrepresented."

"I thought myself it was a great thing for Germany to have arms. How childish to think 70,000,000 people could remain unarmed in a ring of armed countries."

Mr. Menzies said that the Runciman report on Czechoslovakia stated that annexation by Germany would be a solution of the Sudeten problem.
"What we should realise is that it was a dispute with two sides.

"Yet during the Czech crisis otherwise honest, intelligent people said that there was bound to be a war with Germany so we should have it now and get it over.

"If that fatalistic view had pre vailed then, there would have been the war of 1938-41.

"Real peace can never be secured by force— by this idea of preventing some vague future war by having a dark and dreadful one now.

"The only peace war can produce is the peace of exhaustion and death.

"We must get inside the minds of the Germans.

"They are important people. "We must get away from this cheap idea of saying that anything Germany does Is wrong."

End quote

In just 9 month the inevitable, which was evident to all but the fascist apologist Menzies, England was at war with Germany, the same country Menzies thought it was "great to have arms".

Case closed.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 6 April 2022 6:45:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear mhaze,

You had said: "As to my knowledge on this, well its been known for many a decade. I first came across it from a series of articles in the National Times around 1980 or so. They were critiquing a sanitised history of the WWF. Then there is the more nuanced history written by Margo Beasley (?) in the 1990's."

That is hardly evidence is it. A memory you had from over 40 years ago and a book you have read but can't provide a single supporting quote from. Compared to what I have provided you have a long way to go. Any chance of something tangible that can be interrogated? Probably unlikely but I can ask.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 6 April 2022 6:51:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
if you don't have skills you can't survive in your life
scottroger,
Don't confuse some bureaudroid's approval of someone's correct ticking of a multiple choice questionnaire as skill.
Skill is not what someone approves, skill is to do a job in a manner that covers your cost of employment & leaves a customer satisfied.
Joining an organisation that protects undeserved remuneration is not a skill. That's parasitism !
It also causes the massive inequalities that have brought our local industries to their knees.
It also brought us to the point where people are asked to literally spend more for less & even less than what they earn themselves. This brought us to the situation where housing is now unaffordable for the class that still produces but the rewards are hijacked & stolen by the "qualified" !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 6 April 2022 8:15:41 PM
Labor MP Eddie Ward, who in a speech in 1944 called Menzies a “posturing individual with the scowl of Mussolini, the bombast of Hitler and the physical proportions of Goering”
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 6 April 2022 9:32:18 PM
Paul1405,
Only a supreme village idiot would expect a Labor mutt to say anything complimentary about a Conservative.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 6 April 2022 10:09:18 PM
SR,

Yes I get it. If the evidence isn't delivered all tied up in a neat bow for you to access from your keyboard, then you pretend it doesn't exist. I've told you where to find the evidence....I can do no more.

I've also provided you with evidence all tied up in a neat bow showing that the Communist Party of Australia were completely controlled by Moscow and therefore were opposed to the war effort against Germany in 1939- June 41. But since you don't want that to be true, its also ignored.

So again, SR, ,are you disputing that the Australian communists were opposed to the war while Hitler and Stalin were allies? And if they were opposed to the war, why do you find it surprising that the WWF would act on that position?
Posted by mhaze, Thursday, 7 April 2022 7:19:21 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. 20