The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Our coinage

Our coinage

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
As most retail outlets no longer price items using 5, 10 and 20 cent designations is it not about time to get rid of these coins?
Even the fifty cent could join them as it iis a hole maker in the pocket.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 2 November 2021 11:04:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Parking meters use coins. Some vending machines
also use coins. Supermarket trolleys use coins.
And generous people put coins into collection plates
for buskers, churches, and charities.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 2 November 2021 12:24:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You reckon banks will round up/down to 50c?
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 2 November 2021 12:34:36 PM
Foxy,
Only cheapskates put coins into collection hats/tins/plates, a dollar is 1/1305th of the average weekly wage.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 2 November 2021 1:29:01 PM
Come on Is Mise, enough is enough. I have watched the disappearance of the hapeny, penny, threepence & the guinea, not that long after we lost the 1 & 2 cent pieces. Do you really want your bread, or a lolly for the grand kids rounded up to a dollar.

While I do admit to having a large collection of 5C pieces built up in the container I throw my silver in when emptying my pockets, I do still find the others useful when buying something like bread. I have no desire to have to use my debit card to buy such supplies, after a recent experience.

I had to use my debit card when sourcing medical supplies no longer available in Oz. The Indian supplier did not accept Pay Pal, so I took the chance. 3 days later a thousand dollars disappeared from my a/c in 3 transactions to a UK company. Visa were reasonably quick, & I had my money back in a month, but perhaps I was lucky. I have had to change cards & password, which proved much more hassle than it should have, so will not make that mistake again.

Attempts to eliminate all cash is yet another scam to be forced on us by the elites, & the control freaks.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 2 November 2021 1:32:08 PM
Hasbeen,

The 5,10 and 20 cent coins are worth so little in real terms that their equivalent size washers 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 inch cost.10, 15 and 30 cents so money can be saved by drilling with the appropriate holes and.making non-rusting alloy washers.
Of course it’s a crime to do this but I don’t really think that there will be any prosecutions.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 2 November 2021 2:31:15 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy