The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Too Catholic, Too Many Kids To Be Premier

Too Catholic, Too Many Kids To Be Premier

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All
David Gonski has taken it upon himself to reproach members of the Loony Left who have attacked the new NSW Premier, Dominic Perrottet, as being "too religiously conservative for the top job".

The poor dears of the LL are also frightened by the Premier's large Catholic family, as well. They also believe that Opus Dei is a branch of the Mafia. Perrottet received some of his education at a school connected with that organisation, a spiritual and doctrinal one, which even has a mobile phone number if anyone is interested in finding out more about it.

As is pointed out in the SMH article, Catholicism is not some nutty fringe religion; and, as was stated some time ago by someone not connected to this discussion on the new premier, the current Pope is a Leftist more than he is a Catholic.

But, it's too much to expect the anti-Christian Left to pause its scaremongering and hatred until they find out how the bloke goes.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 6 October 2021 10:35:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I will repeat what I posted on several other discussions:

The problem with labels is that they lead to stereotypes
and stereotypes lead to generalisations and generalisations
lead to assumptions and assumptions lead back to stereotypes.

It's a vicious cycle and after you go around a bunch of times
you end up believing that all Left-wing/right-wing. progressives
or conservatives, religious or non-religious people are bad.

I explained on another discussion that I listened to the NSW
Premier's Press Conference on Tuesday and I was impressed.
He spoke that he would govern for all the people in his state.
That there would be challenges but regarding separate issues
he would encourage a "conscience vote" on the issues - which is
fair enough. He stressed that he was a member of a team - and
would work as such and much, much, more. He should be given
a chance to govern and not be pre-judged.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 6 October 2021 12:06:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
cont'd ...

We need to wait and see how things develop. But
he should be giving the opportunity to prove
what kind of Premier he will be and if he does what
he said he would in his Press Conference.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 6 October 2021 12:14:33 PM
With all their countless faults, give me a Catholic Premier any day over a looney Left one.
Catholics may be hypocrites but the LL are that & many other things including integrity-devoid.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 6 October 2021 12:18:04 PM
ttbn, how about throwing up a name or two of these supposedly loony left people you're banging on about. I'm like Foxy, its not a person beliefs that count, but their actions. As we are not from that LL you refer to, so we differ in our opinions to such people if they exist. Opus Dei with its conservative Catholicism is a concern, but unless Perrottet acts on those extreme beliefs, then the people of NSW don't have a lot to worry about. This is like Morrisons fundo Christianity, while he keeps it in check then there is no concern to be had. Of greater concern are those politicians from the lunatic right of politics, Latham, Hanson and Kelly, they offer more of a danger as they have some power now, although limited, but still dangerous.

Indy, I think I would take all of them over a bigoted racists such as yourself in control.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 6 October 2021 8:50:18 PM
Paul1405,
Are you a Parrot ?
Posted by individual, Thursday, 7 October 2021 10:52:27 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy