The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Global warming & western government stupidity.

Global warming & western government stupidity.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see. I guess this is the lemming virus at work.

The UK, Germany & even France are closing their nuclear power plants. The UK has mothballed most of it's coal plants, & is shipping US forests in chip form in to keep another going. They are still buying the remaining surplus of French nuclear power to keep the lights on, have reopened 2 mothballed coal plants, & are reopening another, & they still cling to the myth than so called renewables can supply a modern country with power. Even Germany is quietly building coal plants.

Meanwhile they mandate the switch to electric cars. They can't sensibly charge the 300,000 on the road now, & keep the lights on, how the hell do they expect to do it when it is 30,000,000.

At least Germany is building a pipeline to get Russian gas to fuel the country, & building a few coal plants, quietly As the first to suffer this disease, they may be recovering their senses.

Either some new woke virus has taken over the minds of western governments, or this is a step on the way to taking our cars, & a lot of other things of modern society, off us.

From the answering posts here, & by the behavior of a couple of our state governments, the disease if rife here. God help our grand kids.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 15 September 2021 10:58:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Steele,

Thanks for explaining.

I have no real qualms. I usually prefer to wait and
see what develops. I think the media has a lot to
answer. Look at what they did with the COVID
vaccines scare. My husband and I have both had our
first jab of the Astra Zeneca - and no bad reactions
(despite my having blood clots on the lungs). Our
second jabs are due at the end of October.

Panic should not set in for anything until all the
facts are in.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 15 September 2021 11:08:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Hassie,

Don't be concerned. Trying new technologies
is not a bad thing. Neither is innovative
and future planning. That's how we make progress
including deciding what works and what doesn't.
But there's nothing wrong with trying something
new.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 15 September 2021 11:11:21 AM
It takes the first 60,000 K driving to reach a negative emmission caused by the production of the car. then it depends on the source of the power generation wether a zero emmission is maintained. Following that the consumerables used by the car during its life how are they produced and disposed of?
Posted by Josephus, Wednesday, 15 September 2021 12:05:13 PM
Hasbeen,
>There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Finally something we agree on. One question though: when are you going to open your eyes?

>The UK, Germany & even France are closing their nuclear power plants.
But only Germany is doing it for ideological reasons. In Britain and France it's simply that when the nuclear power plants reach the end of their working lives, it's uneconomic to build new ones to replace them; it's cheaper to go with wind.

The UK has reached the stage where its remaining coal plants only operate seasonally. Now they've got cold weather again, of course some are reopening.

Germany has ceased building new coal plants, and the last of the existing ones will close by 2028. However their use of coal did rise this year, due to a combination of higher demand than last year, less windy conditions and nuclear plant closure. But make no mistake: that's no more than a blip on a long term downward trend.

>[Britain] can't sensibly charge the 300,000 on the road now, & keep the lights on
That's a blatant lie! They can and are.

> how the hell do they expect to do it when it is 30,000,000.
Steele explained one of the changes they're making: the one you started this thread based on a misunderstanding of. They'll also be investing in more generation, transmission and storage, along with better international links.
Posted by Aidan, Thursday, 16 September 2021 2:36:10 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Useful idiots abound.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 16 September 2021 12:59:40 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy