The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Are we becoming a nation of dobbers?

Are we becoming a nation of dobbers?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Tony Abbott was forced to pay a $500 fine for not wearing a mask in public despite clear guidelines to do so.

Rather than cop in on the chin he bemoaned: "I never thought dobbing and snitching was part of the Australian character. I think as soon as we can leave this health police state mindset behind us, the better for everyone."

This from a man who dobbed in Pauline Hansen which saw her do jail time and also the man who invited us to dob in welfare cheats when he was PM.

Is this just a case of 'don't dob me in but the rest are fair game' or are we seeing an overall rise in people being reported to authorities.

Is there a difference between those seen engaging in behaviour which endangers others and normal breaking of the rules?
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 13 September 2021 11:45:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Steele,
There’s a rule that I break almost every day that I drive, it’s the one that says, where there is a passing lane “KEEP LEFT UNLESS OVERTAKING’, if there is no traffic I take the middle lane.
Because of the prevalence of ‘roos it is safer to have a full lane to either side, no harm is done but I expect that I’ll be sobbed by someone going in the opposite direction one day.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 14 September 2021 9:27:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Is Mise,

Well I'm not going to be dobbing you in because I do that myself.

However I will admit I have followed and dobbed in drunk drivers a few times. Just can't stand the thought of reading in the news about them cleaning someone up after I failed to do anything about it.

I once drove the bloke who drove up the back of me home after he told me he had a couple of beers and might come close to blowing .05, so I'm hardly consistent on that point either.

In general I have found the people who kick up about dobbers are the worst offenders when it comes to dobbing someone it.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 14 September 2021 9:54:30 PM
SR, If you are exercising on the beach do you wear a mask? Wake up! It was just someone trying to get him with a camera. We have the Zali Steggle brigade in the area dobbing him in while hundreds of other people exercise on the beach not wearing a mask.
Posted by Josephus, Wednesday, 15 September 2021 9:52:24 AM
Dear Steele,

I think COVID has scared the wits out of many. So
non-compliance is not acceptable. People are simply
scared. And doing the right thing is something that
needs to be stressed. Which means - wear a mask.
It protects not only yourself - but others around
you.

And yeah, Abbott deserved to be dobbed in. Do the
right thing - mate and stop complaining! If you or any
of your family members were to catch the virus - you'd
be belly aching even louder. So man up - and behave!
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 15 September 2021 9:54:57 AM
Dear Josephus,

Abbott wasn't exercising on a beach. He was standing close and chatting to someone else on a pathway while dressed in jeans and a jumper.

Here is the photo: http://images.app.goo.gl/Mcf11qF5uvSsHJkm7

Why have you tried to make this ou to be something it wasn't?

Dear Foxy,

Agree entirely. He did this openly in public and now is whinging that people have held him to account. Typical elitist bullying behaviour unfortunately.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 15 September 2021 10:21:33 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy