The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Are we becoming a nation of dobbers?

Are we becoming a nation of dobbers?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Tony Abbott was forced to pay a $500 fine for not wearing a mask in public despite clear guidelines to do so.

Rather than cop in on the chin he bemoaned: "I never thought dobbing and snitching was part of the Australian character. I think as soon as we can leave this health police state mindset behind us, the better for everyone."

This from a man who dobbed in Pauline Hansen which saw her do jail time and also the man who invited us to dob in welfare cheats when he was PM.

Is this just a case of 'don't dob me in but the rest are fair game' or are we seeing an overall rise in people being reported to authorities.

Is there a difference between those seen engaging in behaviour which endangers others and normal breaking of the rules?
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 13 September 2021 11:45:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Steele,
There’s a rule that I break almost every day that I drive, it’s the one that says, where there is a passing lane “KEEP LEFT UNLESS OVERTAKING’, if there is no traffic I take the middle lane.
Because of the prevalence of ‘roos it is safer to have a full lane to either side, no harm is done but I expect that I’ll be sobbed by someone going in the opposite direction one day.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 14 September 2021 9:27:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Is Mise,

Well I'm not going to be dobbing you in because I do that myself.

However I will admit I have followed and dobbed in drunk drivers a few times. Just can't stand the thought of reading in the news about them cleaning someone up after I failed to do anything about it.

I once drove the bloke who drove up the back of me home after he told me he had a couple of beers and might come close to blowing .05, so I'm hardly consistent on that point either.

In general I have found the people who kick up about dobbers are the worst offenders when it comes to dobbing someone it.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 14 September 2021 9:54:30 PM
SR, If you are exercising on the beach do you wear a mask? Wake up! It was just someone trying to get him with a camera. We have the Zali Steggle brigade in the area dobbing him in while hundreds of other people exercise on the beach not wearing a mask.
Posted by Josephus, Wednesday, 15 September 2021 9:52:24 AM
Dear Steele,

I think COVID has scared the wits out of many. So
non-compliance is not acceptable. People are simply
scared. And doing the right thing is something that
needs to be stressed. Which means - wear a mask.
It protects not only yourself - but others around
you.

And yeah, Abbott deserved to be dobbed in. Do the
right thing - mate and stop complaining! If you or any
of your family members were to catch the virus - you'd
be belly aching even louder. So man up - and behave!
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 15 September 2021 9:54:57 AM
Dear Josephus,

Abbott wasn't exercising on a beach. He was standing close and chatting to someone else on a pathway while dressed in jeans and a jumper.

Here is the photo: http://images.app.goo.gl/Mcf11qF5uvSsHJkm7

Why have you tried to make this ou to be something it wasn't?

Dear Foxy,

Agree entirely. He did this openly in public and now is whinging that people have held him to account. Typical elitist bullying behaviour unfortunately.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 15 September 2021 10:21:33 AM
Dear Steele,

Typical - "born to rule" mentality.
Disgraceful.

I hope the fine was a heavy one. No wonder
his electorate kicked him out.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 15 September 2021 11:17:02 AM
SR that picture you saw was not the incident of his fine, it was a media camera after the event asking him about the incident. He was on the beach when the Police were called. Perhaps you should visit the beach and dob in people not wearing masks. We were at a public park at the weekend and there were about 20 light craft on the water and children swimming and families having picnics. no one was wearing masks. You would have to be a sour person to call the Police. My wife and I happen to be double vaccinated and had to wear a mask to enter a take away diner for our lunches.
Posted by Josephus, Wednesday, 15 September 2021 11:24:37 AM
The police were called to a vacant beach where Tony and a frend were chatting following exercising the photograph is shown here.

http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-9979827%2FTony-Abbott-says-wont-challenge-500-fine-copped-not-wearing-mask-Sydney-beach.html%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR14ZwHN0BRT86BKvgr_TdsGc1GZIZBbuiwRWBC7KiQQ74o-d8GhySwd31I&h=AT3fsna8x6SW2NcRZGC4Zv7eY-sK7hrVYX4CR0wgZCLY6uZsQOS4vB0yiU8hNNO9sm7KtKPQCOieiIOFJFvEmokGhRZHnLuqUp09_yKBuj-0FgYmxumpXQIs6CSdVnY9WHasSDmMK6e9wg6PdiJr&__tn__=-UK-R&c[0]=AT2TBWZcWI61cOJddFCDLpwBGmQD3fqrWWZ9MIuOhofC3aEQH6IUcrOSQn_R1j7Xy0VyhyCOQLxc1HPJ9V77S8Dw2wFIFAQA0pwhV3SZxRKa4avliD-lZgGF-oe1qTGiTTpBi7gugD95f_l-er9QlsVA8w
Posted by Josephus, Wednesday, 15 September 2021 1:25:22 PM
Dear Josephus,

Mate, you really are a bit of a try hard aren't you.

You claim the photo was from a news organisation of him chatting afterwards. It wasn't. It was taken by the person who made the complaint.

You claim: “He was on the beach”

The article you linked to says: “without a mask BY the beach” not on it, just as the photo illustrates.

Here is the original article. It specifically says; “While some Sydneysiders don’t wear a mask when exercising, Mr Abbott was photographed in jeans and a jumper chatting with the friend.”
http://www.news.com.au/national/politics/tony-abbott-photographed-maskless-in-sydney/news-story/704c3b120dbb42c55de5b21405478636

It wasn't while he was surfing as he implied.

And I do note in neither article does it mention a “vacant” beach. So why do you do it? Why do you embellish these things? You really are a bad faith actor aren't you.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 15 September 2021 2:27:59 PM
Have a read of this. The beach according to Brad Hazzard is the safest place to be fresh air coming of the ocean.
http://www.pedestrian.tv/news/bondi-beach-western-sydney-double-standards/
Posted by Josephus, Wednesday, 15 September 2021 4:59:42 PM
SteeleRedux,
Lefties are just as bad, if not worse, for trying to obscure the truth.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-15/craig-kelly-legal-action-tga-texts-covid-vaccines/100465488

"The nation's medical regulator has demanded rogue crossbencher Craig Kelly stop distributing "seriously misleading" information about COVID-19 vaccines.

Mr Kelly, who quit the Liberal Party after spruiking unproven remedies for the virus, has been spamming people with text messages containing a link to what he says is the Australian government's COVID-19 vaccine adverse events report."

Right there mate - why do they DELIBERATELY NOT REPORT THE TRUTH

"spamming people with text messages containing a link to what he says is the Australian government's COVID-19 vaccine adverse events report."

Why did they say that?

"a link to what he says"

I've gone to the governments Database of Adverse Event Notifications and seen the EXACT SAME DATA Craig Keely posted, right there on the governments OWN website. Anyone can check it for themselves.
You don't need to be a freaking journalist or reporter to do it.
ABC is even subsidised BY the government.
You'd think the government subsidised journalists and reporters might check the governments own website, right?

Hell no, they don't want to tell the truth.
Obviously then, they want to deliberately obscure it.

It's not reporting, and it's not journalism.
It's more akin to 'deliberately misleading'
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 16 September 2021 5:36:16 AM
This thread is started by a left whinge snowflake that is whining because his precious YouTubers are getting done for defamation and stalking.

These snowflakes also need to harden the f up and take their medicine.
Posted by shadowminister, Thursday, 16 September 2021 8:47:30 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy