The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Lighter moments with the COVID emergency

Lighter moments with the COVID emergency

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Despite the ongoing troubles due to COVID there are a few humorous aspects.

For the practicing pedant there are the signs stuck on the barriers between the tellers and customers in Commonwealth banks to the effect that the later should stay behind the barrier.
I pointed out to the teller that I couldn’t comply with the notice.
She asked me why, so I told her that she was behind the barrier and that I was in front of it.
She laughed and said “They must have printed thousands of them”.
I must admit that I got this from the Net, I didn’t spot it myself but I’ve had the pleasure of trying it out twice.

The other funny one is the notice outside businesses that one must enter one’s details before entering.
This is impossible to do as the forms are always inside the premises.
Anyone got any others?
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 21 July 2021 6:42:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Is Mise,

I've got one.

"We’re opening up this incredible country. Because we have to do that. I would love to have it open by Easter” Trump.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 21 July 2021 8:30:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hilarious. Still waiting for the funny bit.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 22 July 2021 9:19:09 AM
Also not funny, but a very sick joke, is the one on Queensland imposed by their out of control premier by way of childish games in 2032: very costly, and as out of date as Ancient Greece itself.

Another giggle is the current indulgence of spoilt brats in Tokyo, where the virus has got 80 of them already, and one Australian cocaine-user should be made to pay, out of his own pocket, for the wasted cost of the horse that preceded him to Japan that will need to be brought home.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 22 July 2021 9:39:32 AM
"You are going to the opening ceremony. I'm still the deputy chair of the candidature leadership group and so far as I understand, there will be an opening and closing ceremony in 2032 and all of you are going to get along there and understand the traditional parts of that, what's involved in an opening ceremony, so none of you are staying behind and hiding in your rooms, alright?" Mr Coates said to the Qld woman, according to the ABC; and he doesn't appear to have been joking either.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 22 July 2021 9:54:14 AM
Another

We have a gold plated covid response - Dan
Posted by shadowminister, Thursday, 22 July 2021 10:36:44 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy