The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Peta Credlin Tips The Bucket

Peta Credlin Tips The Bucket

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Credlin's language is over the top, but even expert epidemiologists have suggested that to close down the whole of Victoria for 7 days is not justified, given that the positive cases are confined to Melbourne.

Labor could have reverted to the 'ring of steel' around Melbourne that was used in 2020. Maybe they rejected that because the police complained that it was a pain to man barriers for 24hrs each day.
Posted by MESSMATE, Monday, 31 May 2021 11:06:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Mess,

"expert epidemiologists have suggested that to close down the whole of Victoria for 7 days is not justified,"

AND...the names of these "expert epidemiologists? Anyone can make such as statement, with or without facts to back it up.

This outbreak in Victoria is down to the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, firstly its failed the quarantine test, its failed the roll-out test, no we hear its failed in private aged care as well. Morrison stay in New Zealand, you'll love it!
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 31 May 2021 1:16:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Speaking as a Victorian I am pleased that the
state government is acting responsibly.
Seven days is not long - but with new local
cases (five) on our door-steps - the lockdown is
necessary as are the restrictions to keep us all
safe.

We have to think of others in this pandemic as well
as ourselves and what protections are necessary.

To not do so is risky - and could end miserably.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 31 May 2021 1:23:25 PM
As a recent resident of Victoria, I'm happy with the measures the Victorian Government have taken. Notwithstanding, I'm from the far-right and ultra-conservative, nonetheless I would rather, in this particular instance, enact more stringent measures now, than have to take even stronger, more far-reaching, disruptive action later! This virus is so virulent and ultimately dangerous, so all stops must be engaged to stifle this thing ASAP.
Posted by o sung wu, Monday, 31 May 2021 2:20:17 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Former PM Credlin and especially her Sky AD colleagues are becoming one of Labor's electoral assets in Victoria.

Many, far classier, Liberal voting women in Melbourne and/or regional Vic are not happy with the LNP e.g. sexual assaults, and now compounded by Covid gamesmanship and media abuse aka Credlin.

Many Lib members are despairing when they know federal electorates may follow state electorates i.e. former blue ribbon east suburban and Peninsula seats becoming permanently Labor.... Health Minister Hunt must already be thinking of retirement plans....
Posted by Andras Smith, Monday, 31 May 2021 9:57:21 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We have to expect that cases will occur from time to time.
Started by one case with unknown ones appearing later.
The main problem in Victoria seems to be the tracking system.
Why didn't they just ask NSW for a copy of the NSW Services software ?
I saw a list of the bugs in their software and they should be able to
fix their faults quickly.
Victoria seems to written their own and are now debugging it live.
I presume the bureaucrats are doing it themselves.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 31 May 2021 10:52:38 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy