The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Greens councillor in Trans/homophobic assault

Greens councillor in Trans/homophobic assault

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All
A Yarra City councillor Anab Mohamud has been accused of starting an altercation with another woman outside a gay club in South Yarra before the councillor allegedly exclaimed “Allahu Akbar” and vowed to “make sure all these faggots die”.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/greens-councillor-accused-of-starting-fight-launching-homophobic-tirade-20210518-p57sxy.html

Video footage obtained by The Age shows Cr Mohamud and a male companion walking down Bray Street about 3.40 am when she stops outside a caged smoking area to the rear of Chasers nightclub.

Another witness, who works as a manager at Poof Doof, told police Cr Mohamud reached through the bars of the smoking area and grabbed a “trans woman” by the hair.

The manager, who asked not to be identified, said he attempted to separate the pair.

“As I got to [the patron], I looked out the metal bars and saw that her head was being pulled against the metal gate bars by a female [Cr Mohamud] out on Bray Street ... She was screaming, ‘F--- you, I’m going to get you,’ ” the manager said in a sworn statement made on May 17.

I think that this clearly exposes the hypocrisy of the Greens
Posted by shadowminister, Thursday, 20 May 2021 11:55:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Shadow Minister,

You're blaming the Greens for what happened?

Do you blame any institution, club, political
party for the behaviour of individuals who
belong to those institutions, clubs, and
political parties?

Was the Coalition responsible for "Bonking
Barnaby?" or any other member accused of inappropriate
behaviour within its ranks?

Seriously?

Why pick on the Greens?
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 20 May 2021 2:25:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
cont'd ...

BTW: - Something doesn't add up with this story.

Anab Mohamud is a councillor and a community leader
and in her role she wants to send a strong message
she says in her bio - to young women that they
have every right to become whatever they dream to
be. The councillor works very closely with her
community. She lives in public housing, where she's
raising her daughter.

It doesn't add up that she would attack another
female simply because the female was transgender.
Unless of course the transgender female attakced
her first and she was simply defending herself?

I'd like to know more of this story. I suspect'
there's more to it than what we're being told.
And blaming the Greens?

Once again - Seriously?
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 20 May 2021 2:57:32 PM
Foxy,

I re-read my post and I don't believe that at any point I blamed the Green party for the assault by one of its members.

However, given the sanctimonious holier than thou position that the greens take, the selection of such a bigoted and violent representative blows a huge hole in their platform.

As for BJ's indiscretion in having an affair with an employee that is like comparing jaywalking to murder.
Posted by shadowminister, Thursday, 20 May 2021 2:57:42 PM
Shadow Minister,

Go back and re-read your opening post where in
the last sentence you claim that this behaviour -
"exposes the hypocrisy of the Greens."
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 20 May 2021 3:12:00 PM
"Do you blame any institution, club, political
party for the behaviour of individuals who
belong to those institutions, clubs, and
political parties?"

Probably he doesn't but your mate Paul frequently does.
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 20 May 2021 3:19:57 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy