The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Case of Craig McLachlan

The Case of Craig McLachlan

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
cont'd ...

I sympathise with both the men who have been badly
done by the legal system, as well as the women.
The laws need to be re-examined.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 17 May 2021 6:14:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It is clearly a case of femmo-Nazism !
Posted by individual, Monday, 17 May 2021 6:32:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As suspected, the alleged offences claimed at 3 SA Universities were NOT reported to police, but merely to university authorities who can't do much about it. The reporter had copies of reports with comments like 'offered counselling', 'declined', 'closed'.

It's all about ruining male's reputations, not justice. Sheer nastiness and man-hating.

My advice to young men - avoid young females; if you want it, pay for it.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 17 May 2021 7:32:25 PM
Hi there Folks...Some of you may know I was a former police detective until I retired, and for part of that time, I've been involved in investigating allegations of sexual assault (Rape); in fact, the whole machinations of inappropriate and unwanted sexual behaviour by males accused of these classes of offence(s). Including sexual assaults (buggery & Beastiality) occasioned by males.

However, I don't feel qualified to pass comment on this particular matter, as I don't know all the facts, so it would be quite wrong of me to make a judgement either way. After all, a man's reputation is in the balance, and as we all know, mud does invariably stick.

But something I would like to draw all your attention to is a non-fiction book titled 'Missoula' - Rape & the Justice System in a College (University) Town by Jon KRAKAUER. I was utterly amazed at the complexities of investigating sexual offences at this large Montana State University.

Accordingly, I'd like to commend you all. If you can obtain a copy of this book, it certainly enlightened me, an individual who was once formerly instructed and burdened with investigating all non-consensual and unwanted sexual offences for a particular Police Division. A real eye-opener for me, I can assure you.
Posted by o sung wu, Monday, 17 May 2021 10:57:16 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear o sung wu,

From the report in the SMH.

“Mr McLachlan's lawyers submitted the women were unreliable witnesses whose accounts were inconsistent, fabricated, and possibly the result of collusion in the years afterwards.”

Yet the very no nonsense judge was quite clear.

“Ms Wallington said the women's accounts were credible and there was no evidence of collusion and no motive behind their decisions to contact police.”

But this part interested me:

“The magistrate said Mr McLachlan likely touched the women while they were performing, but might have believed they were consenting due to his "egotistical, self-entitled sense of humour". However, she was not persuaded beyond a reasonable doubt he knew they were not consenting, which is an element of the charge.”

I would have thought the pub test would have applied here. If it were obvious to all and sundry that the conduct he engaged in was inappropriate then there should have been an expectation he knew it too. But it seems not. I get the feeling he was a lucky defendant since the judge has appeared to apply the interpretation of the law quite strictly despite being quite favourable to the witnesses.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 18 May 2021 12:27:41 AM
Perhaps the isolation and detachment from reality caused by the overreaction to the Chinese 'flu has turned the already weak minds of some of these fantasising females. Blokes still young enough to be interested might be advised to stick to solo sex while while the knocking shops could be a problem because of the virus.

All this 'he did this or that to me' also has some roots in Leftist identity politics, affirmative action, gender obsession, and so on. Dividing people, including men and women, is all part of the Marxist's plans. Distrust. Suspicion. Hatred. It's all there and it's working.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 18 May 2021 9:10:48 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy