The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The reason for the holiday season

The reason for the holiday season

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. All
Paul1405,

You raise an interesting point there.

I read a book when doing my BA written by a leading historian of Rome in which the author presented Jesus and the disciples as a political movement rather than a new religious movement. It was a Jew versus Jew struggle to win the will of the locals and gain political ascendancy in the local political arena which had all to do with which Jewish denomination one belonged to. Apparently Jesus and his guys were seen by the principal Jewish authorities as a bunch of dangerous radicals who were opposed to the Jewish State.

So they arranged to have Jesus and his crew brought before the Romans on trumped up charges bordering on treason and conspiracy with the aim of eradicating them from the local political system.

I think the author was Michael Crawford, or someone on that level.

It was a very convincing essay and well worth the read.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Tuesday, 6 April 2021 7:19:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
and the usual false advertizing, the Cross Buns were advertized as being 'hot' but they were all cold.
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 8 April 2021 11:16:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy