The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Racism In The Palace

Racism In The Palace

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. All
Claims by Harry and Megan that a senior member of "The Firm", that is, The Royal House of Winsor is a racists who was concerned about the "blackness" of their baby Archie's skin should not come as a surprise to any Australian. These elitist people of privilege, no doubt harbor such views, but in these days of racial tolerance they dare not express such opinions publically. Unfortunaly for the Queen and her family of oddities, the pair of estranged royal rascals have done a bucket job on them for all to see. Do I care? NO! so why write this you may ask. Well as an Australian, and with our British head of state about to rack up a century, I think its about time we defiantly considered ditching "The Firm" in favour of our own home grown head of state.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 9 March 2021 6:37:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Paul

The UK Royals have experienced 2 years of bad news (Prince Andrew disgraced, Meg and hubby doing a runner to Hollywood, and now the Oprah Interview).

How 94yo Queensy handles these 2 years http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annus_horribilis will likely influence how Australians see the Monarchy/Governor General's role once Queensy stands down or croaks in office.

I don't hold high hopes that Queen Camilla and Charlie Dork Ears, will gladen the hearts of royally-jaded Aussies.

Role on leader and financier of the last Republican Movement, one Malcolm Turnbull, running for First Aussie President in about 2026.

Cheers

Pete
http://www.blogger.com/profile/02624742078679760819
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 9 March 2021 11:45:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul1405,
I trust you went & bought several Lottery tickets for that windfall ?
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 10 March 2021 7:12:45 AM
UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES

Hi Paul

Buyer Beware when there are aspirational calls (like BREXIT and Statement-from-the Heart) to radically change the status quo.

Just imagine if Turnbull got his Republican Movement, that he paid for as a private citizen, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Republic_Movement#Foundation

accepted, in the 1999 Referendum http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Republic_Movement#1999_referendum

There could have been/could be unintended consequences: like:

1. in a popular vote for a President, an all Australian good guy (at the time) ROLF Harris, getting elected

2. President becoming an everyday active Politician, embuggering the role of PM and Parliament.

3. in a wider range of Constitutional amendments a Third Aboriginal and TS Islanders (Race Based) House of Parliament

CAREFUL WHAT YOU WITH FOR!

An exact process of change to an Exact contract-language-nutted-out goal is needed BEFORE ANOTHER REFERENDUM VOTE (THAT BINDS THE CONTRACT).

Pete
http://gentleseas.blogspot.com/2021/03/commonwealth-day-royals-vs-markles.html
Posted by plantagenet, Wednesday, 10 March 2021 8:06:03 AM
"No doubt" that the Royal Family is racist? There is every doubt given HM's abiding interest in and love for the Commonwealth, which is made up of mainly non-whites.

Harry is not a Royal. He is an example of the "firm's" tolerance and love. Markle is a cheap Hollywood opportunist, and a prime example of what happens when Royalty steps outside its own sphere. Harry's mother was the first example; Sarah was another example. Kate is a shining exception.

The departure of these two idiots, and their eventual disappearance into obscurity is a good thing. The experiments with commoners in the mistaken belief that the great unwashed would approve must never be repeated. The mystique of the Monarchy is part of its charm and interest to people all over the world. When the Queen goes, it will have enough problems with an idiot King Charles without shooting itself in the foot again.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 10 March 2021 8:38:20 AM
Hi ttbn

For once I very much agree with you.

Cheers

Pete
http://gentleseas.blogspot.com/2021/03/commonwealth-day-royals-vs-markles.html
Posted by plantagenet, Wednesday, 10 March 2021 8:57:12 AM
Why do we need a head of state? If an event is sufficiently important the PM can represent us. If it is not sufficiently important the PM can designate one of the feeders at the public trough to represent us.
Posted by david f, Wednesday, 10 March 2021 11:02:34 AM
As the waters run along the Amazon River, they sometimes filter over various limestone outcrops. Some of the water filters down through that limestone, deep into the earth. At about 2000 meters, having taken up to a century to get there, the waters end up in caverns and pools deep underground. Those pools haven't seen daylight for millions of years.

In those pools, small fish exist. Blind and colourless they've existed for millennia unseen by man or beast, evolving and surviving on the microbes that eat filtered chemicals.

Those fish have more interest in what Markle says than I do.
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 10 March 2021 12:30:31 PM
Why do we need a head of state?
davidf,
Indeed, why have hierarchies at all ? The new self-proclaimed elite that is Academia is one of them.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 10 March 2021 3:07:47 PM
I watched Harry and Meghan.
I admired the way they were dealing with their adverse circumstances, right up until Meghan introduced 'racism' in to the conversation.
Come on now Meghan. You know as well as I do that someone being CURIOUS about skin tone is not racism.
It is far far from it. (I deliberately don't use the word 'colour', as 'dark' or 'black' are not colours.)
Had it been part of an exchange which included other clearly suggestive remarks, perhaps it would reinforce those.
But if you knew about other specific aspects, you would have said so?
By itself, it was clearly an innocuous remark?
That being so, there would be no need to hide who said it?

On reflection, I decided that Harry and Meghan were contriving to add 'value' to the interview.
Responses were crafted to embellish contentious issues, to generate maximum impact for viewers?
This appeared to be deliberate?
But hinting that a casual observation by 'someone' could be racist, was just plain wrong.
They should have known better?
It makes one question the veracity of their other statements.

And one more thought.
If we consider the character of each of those who could have made the remark, it is quite easy to settle on one particular person.
Just imagine that person saying it or questioning it?
And it becomes even more obvious when you recall Meghan's manner, and her very careful response, when asked who it was.
One could almost read her thoughts as she spoke.
Enough said.
Posted by Ipso Fatso, Wednesday, 10 March 2021 5:22:34 PM
Hi David, we have not communicated for some time.

The head of state is not a big deal, as to the how one comes into the position. Simply must be an Australian citizen, nominated by the government of the day in consultation with the opposition, and agreed to by a 2/3 majority of a joint sitting of parliament. The removal of the President or Grand Poobah, whatever name is chosen, should only require majority support of a no confidence motion in the low house of parliament. Other than officiating at regular events like welcoming the Emperor of Bongostan to our shores, or cutting the ribbon at the opening of the Little Johnny Howard Memorial Sewer, there's not much else for a non political, mostly ceremonial, Grand Poobah to do. The only thorny issue is what John Kerr was confronted with, a constitutional crises, and that's a problem regardless of how the head of state is chosen. I'm sure both sides of politics will always agree to an Ex-General Brassbottom or Ex-Admiral Bilgewater becoming Grand Poobah of the nation.

Anything is preferable to a Pommy dysfunctional from "The Firm".

"adverse circumstances" come off it Fatso, this mob of parasites are living high on the hog, complements of the public purse. They remind me of a pair of over indulged public school brats. But that's no reason for one of their own to call their kid a "coon" or some such similar reference.

p/s Ipso Fatso, welcome to the forum.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 10 March 2021 6:38:37 PM
Paul1405,

How about this guy for our Head of State:

http://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/other/hang-their-heads-in-shame-prince-andrew-accuser-lashes-out-at-buckingham-palace-over-harry-and-megan-treatment/ar-BB1eqOwr

He's honest, loyal and trustworthy and held in high esteem by most of Australia's social elite.

And don't forget Barnaby Joyce. I think he's up to it as well.

I know what you're saying to yourself: "Stop it Mr Opinion. Stop it! There are just too many contenders to choose from that it is driving me insane figuring out who to make our Head of State."

Or how about Andrew Forrest? I loved the way he got his Chinese mate up on the podium in front of Greg Hunt to deliver a message from Xi. A war leader if I ever saw one.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 11 March 2021 1:51:06 AM
PS Here he is in a photoshot on a stuffed horse:

http://www.themonthly.com.au/issue/2013/july/1372600800/ramon-glazov/many-careers-twiggy-forrest#mtr

I can just see him at the head of the army: "Charge!"

It's enough to bring a tear to your eye.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 11 March 2021 1:59:09 AM
Pauliar,

Just admit it, you are a royal tragic just like most of the rest of the world and follow the saga minute by minute and I bet the trigger words royal and racism have given you and Mr uneducated serious hard-ons.

That this "racism" was not heard directly but 2nd or 3rd hand by an unnamed "senior" royal is yet another vague evidence-free allegation against which there is no defence.

The sociopathic Meghan Markel is either brain dead or was fully aware of what she was getting into, but instead of playing the game and making the best of the waves of adoration, she did a Kevin Rudd diva fit and abusing the servants who abandoned her as if she had the plague.

Now having backstabbed just about everyone she knows incl all her family, she is playing the victim card for $ms and left whinge morons around the world are lapping it up.
Posted by shadowminister, Thursday, 11 March 2021 5:27:42 AM
Paul1405,

We could get someone like this guy as our Head of State:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBe_guezGGc

He ticks all the boxes and is honest and truthful.

We need someone like this. Hmmm . . . . . . But who can we find . . . . . . I'm thinking! I'm thinking! Who can we get?
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 11 March 2021 6:31:21 AM
Dear Mopi

Surely you jest grasshopper.

We can do better than Prince Andrew or dear Rolf Harris for Australia's First President.

There is a man, now available, with experience, decisiveness and a willingness to fire a PM (be they Sooty, Albo, Shorty) who deserve to go.

I think I can speak for all of OLO, nay, all Oz, in putting forward this fine rainbow chappy, prepared to entertain http://youtu.be/LPQYAT3wH_g
Posted by plantagenet, Thursday, 11 March 2021 1:07:43 PM
plantagenet,

No, it's definitely Andrew Forrest for me.

There's something about the way he can hold his pose on that stuffed horse that sets him apart from other candidates.

President Andrew Forrest. It has a real ring to it.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 11 March 2021 1:58:58 PM
shonkyminister is an ardent monarchists, wanting the septic tank King Rupert I installed as the next head of state of Australia. Is that not so shonky?
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 12 March 2021 6:34:52 AM
Paul1405,

Forget the rest, here is the new Head of State:

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/liberal-party-donor-huifeng-haha-liu-engaged-in-acts-of-foreign-interference-asio/ar-BB1euKNs

At last someone who will represent the Australia's future: a Chinese future.

"Ni hao! Ni hao! All stand for President Ha Ha Ha."

Q: Why are all the signs at Sydney Airport in Chinese and English?

A: The Chinese is for the Chinese and the English is for everyone else.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Friday, 12 March 2021 6:46:54 AM
Pauliar,

Once again you are lying. I am not a monarchist, I am firmly in the camp of not giving a sh1t from where a token and powerless "head of state" originates and would happily get rid of the lot of them except for the dog's bollocks that it makes of the constitution.
Posted by shadowminister, Friday, 12 March 2021 9:58:59 AM
shifty & shady,

Your comment above shows that you have absolutely no understanding of the significance of the Head of State to a society.

And I'm not going to lower myself by trying to explain it to someone who is just a mere injunear.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Friday, 12 March 2021 11:25:19 AM
Mr uneducated,

Every time you try to appear intelligent you just end up looking more and more like an idiot as clearly you are clueless as to the importance of the head of state. Perhaps you should brush up on the changes since the 1970s and show what influence the Monarch has had on Aus in the last few decades.
Posted by shadowminister, Friday, 12 March 2021 12:28:37 PM
As a bit of a James O'Brien fan I found this clip pretty informative so thought I would share it with all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3UsbAjsY7o&ab_channel=LBC
Posted by SteeleRedux, Friday, 12 March 2021 3:53:08 PM
I have a personal admission - I'm coming out as a conditional Monarchist.

With a portrait of The Queen (in robes, no crown mind you) on my wall, and all.

"Conditional?" you may ask.

The condition being - any who ascend to the throne need to be worthy of respect.

Charlie the Cheat (CC) (on Diana from day one) demonstrably is not, nor Charlie's ménage à trois ex-concubine Camilla.

Skipping CC and Camilla (C&C Inc)

to the very worthy hard working royals, William and Kate, http://youtu.be/xNJ9t1JlJuQ

is the only way to win my respect, anyways.

If C&C Inc are at the helm - bring on an Aussie Republic

but with a figurehead, non-political President ie. no Turnbull need apply.

For Aus Prez, like GG now, there be many Bryce's and balding ex-Generals (eg. Cosgrove, now Hurley) to be appointed by the PM of the day.

Not by-direct-popular-vote as that would score a politically intrusive
Turnbull type.
Posted by plantagenet, Saturday, 13 March 2021 8:17:52 AM
The Royals will handle this matter as they have always done -
with very little public commentary. My sympathy goes out to
Prince Harry and the Duchess. Mental isues are a serious
problem as Princess Diana showed us all. To not sympathize,
is heartless. I wish them well and hopefully the Queen will
be able to resolve this matter. If not her, then perhaps Prince
William can.

As for the question of us becoming a Republic? That issue will
be tackled when the time is right. Early days yet.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 13 March 2021 4:34:30 PM
A sad maid was Magda Lupescu
Till King Carol came to her rescue.
It's a wonderful thing
To be under a king.
Is democracy better? I escu.
Posted by david f, Saturday, 13 March 2021 5:30:15 PM
Hi Foxy

I'm very glad to see you back :)

Cheers

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Saturday, 13 March 2021 9:53:34 PM
Dear Foxy,

A humane response. The royal family are people, too.
Posted by david f, Saturday, 13 March 2021 11:45:59 PM
Yes Foxy, your forum contributions have been sorely missed. Had a couple of clashes with the Usual Suspects such as Il Duce (ALTRAV), and several of the lads from the 'Shady Pines' rest home, where the motto still is "No Chicks Allowed".

You take a sympathetic view towards the royals. I can not be so generous towards a mob of dysfunctional people who despite all the advantages and privileges of life still manage to stuff it up.

According to Buddah, one of the hardest things in life is to FORGIVE.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 14 March 2021 5:44:59 AM
Let's hear from Prince Andrew on this matter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBe_guezGGc
Posted by Mr Opinion, Sunday, 14 March 2021 8:44:10 AM
Thank You for the welcome back, and for your kind words.
It's good to be able to be posting again. I have missed
you all.

I feel that the current situation with the Royals is a complex
one. The Royals have been brought up with certain traditions
and modes of acceptable behaviour. Of course as we've seen -
things have changed over time - especially as far as divorce,
marriage, and titles are concerned. Perhaps with Harry and his
wife leading the current issues - things may again change. We
shall have to wait and see what the Queen decides to do.
To her, who's served for so many years - the current behaviour
of her grandson must be difficult.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 14 March 2021 8:59:15 AM
Foxy,

The Royal Family is just a bunch of ordinary people who got to where they are by accident of birth.

If I was in the film industry I would sign them up to a season of The Bold and the Beautiful or one of those other soap operas that people with less brains than them waste their time watching.

PS Did you know Loudmouth passed away?
Posted by Mr Opinion, Sunday, 14 March 2021 9:18:22 AM
JOE's PASSING

Hi Foxy

Unfortunately "Mr Opinion" aka Mopi, is not joking about Joe.

News from Big Nana, Monday, 22 February at http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=21321&page=0#376462

"Am putting this on this thread as well.
Sad news, we lost Joe ( Loudmouth) [on or around 19th February].
Very unexpected, a cardiac aneurysm.
I’ve only just been informed.
Rest In Peace my friend, may your new existence bring you someone to debate with."

I'll miss you Joe :(

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Sunday, 14 March 2021 9:43:09 AM
Hi david f

Thanks for a great Royal Limerick. Your Saturday, 13 March 2021 5:30:15 PM

"A sad maid was Magda Lupescu
Till King Carol came to her rescue.
It's a wonderful thing
To be under a king.
Is democracy better? I escu."

All those fans of Romanian history out there will realise Magda Lupescu (1899–1977) later officially

known as Princess Elena of Romania, was the mistress and later wife of King Carol II of Romania.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magda_Lupescu

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Sunday, 14 March 2021 9:53:57 AM
plantagenet,

That's amazing!

I didn't even know Romania had a history.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Sunday, 14 March 2021 10:33:36 AM
With her humanity Foxy takes note that the royals are human. One can also consider them as:

Pretentious parasites predatorily plundering public purse
Their depredations go from bad to worse
Posted by david f, Monday, 15 March 2021 12:55:28 AM
Foxy,

Welcome back.

While not a royal follower, I cannot escape this drama as it is everywhere.

As for Meghan and Harry, they have sunk to the depths of a $20m mansion with deals worth $ms p.a. What hardship.

As for the princess of woke, Meghan has dumped every member of her family and friends and cut Harry away from his. Her hardships include being lambasted by the racist media after she abused people working for her and some imagined racist comment.

My opinion is that Meghan is the ultimate gold digger and having hitched herself to a royal star is digging furiously with no regard for who she hurts or the damage she causes.
Posted by shadowminister, Monday, 15 March 2021 5:45:11 AM
shifty & shady minister,

Thanks, we really love hearing the views of members of the injunearing trade.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 15 March 2021 6:48:01 AM
Hi Mopi

Naturally Romania has a history, my friend.

We now know Romania was settled by Captain Starlight of Roma. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roma,_Queensland

All Romanian schoolkids honour Captain Starlight, cattle rustler, tried and acquitted in the Roma Courthouse in February 1873. No successful conviction for cattle rustling has been made in Romania.

Romania is, of course, overrun by young tennis players, like Romanian Prime Minister Naomi Osaka, who say "super" in a super overused, super good, kinda irratating way.
Posted by plantagenet, Monday, 15 March 2021 6:55:30 AM
Yeah ShadowMuppet

Poor Meghan Megxit makes Imelda Marcos look frugal http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imelda_Marcos#Cultural_influence
Posted by plantagenet, Monday, 15 March 2021 7:03:39 AM
plantagenet,

I think you and shifty&shadyminister are just jealous of Megan.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 15 March 2021 7:26:34 AM
I had no idea that Joe Lane (Loudmouth) passed away.
My deepest condolences to the Lane family and his children.
I shall miss Joe very, very, much.

Eternal Rest grant to him, O Lord
And let perpetual light shine on him
May he rest in peace.
AMEN.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 15 March 2021 3:23:26 PM
A few further comments:
When Meghan talked about 'racism', it was just like someone 'pulling out a plum', and being proud of it?
This is one of those occasions where we can think about who made those supposedly 'racist' comments, but not say it.
Subsequent statements reported in the news make it clearer who the 'culprit' was.
Harry and Meghan present themselves as hard done by.
In some ways they probably are.
But it is true that they now have greater freedom than ever before.
It makes one understand why the declaration of independence was promulgated.
Posted by Ipso Fatso, Monday, 15 March 2021 3:55:03 PM
Hi Ipso Fatso

Where you say "Subsequent statements reported in the news make it clearer who the 'culprit' was."

The combined intelligence resources of Mali and Botswana are determined to identify the "senior Royal asker about how dark-skinned Archie might be"

1. Its not the Queen or even Prince Philip. Evidence "[Oprah] was permitted, however, to make clear that neither Queen Elizabeth II nor her husband, Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, were a part of those conversations" see http://tvline.com/2021/03/08/meghan-markle-prince-harry-baby-archie-dark-skin-tone-concerns/

2. My money's on Prince Andrew the Late Pedo Jeffrey Epstein's Best Mate

3. Camilla ex-Concubine

OR

4. Less likely Prince Charlie the Simple

Can anyone point to the Culprit?

And Mopi, its not Sooty or even the Chinese.

Cheers

Planta
Posted by plantagenet, Monday, 15 March 2021 5:55:03 PM
Hi Pete,

Anyone could be "the culprit". I think that discussing the
colour of a future baby of a mixed race couple is perfectly
normal in private conversation. To me it sounds like a
"storm in a teacup" and should not have been brought up on
American television - especially knowing what a fuss it would
cause. A bit of discretion was required - but of course on shows
like Oprah's - ratings matter.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 15 March 2021 6:29:24 PM
Hi Foxy

Yeah. I think Meghan was using Archie-colour-(non)issue to hype "Poor little me Meghan. The trained actress expressing "Look at me, half white/black and rich" dismay.

"Oh I'm having a healthy baby!" supported by free top-notch Royal (physical and psychological) Medical Care. "Oh the mental strain."

Sure to find maximum sympathy in the USA via Queen-of-TV Oprah.

BACKGROUND

Poor Meg worked into the marriage with only $3 million Suits money to live on + Harry's 10 million inherited Pounds + 5 million Pounds per year Royal salary.

Since fleeing to Meghan's Hollywood, she and hubby Harry have signed Hollywood contracts worth a cool US$50 million - paying off their new $20 million Hollywood mansion.

I feel for Harry being the British fish out of water in the USA. His move to the US hasn't removed the demons of What does a royal "spare" do with his life, when he's not a working Royal anymore?

More. Perhaps see my blog article http://gentleseas.blogspot.com/2021/03/commonwealth-day-royals-vs-markles.html

Cheers

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Monday, 15 March 2021 8:05:25 PM
I don't believe anyone made a racial comment. This is just the type of baseless accusation that is impossible to disprove.

The royals are well shot of this gold digger.
Posted by shadowminister, Tuesday, 16 March 2021 5:16:11 AM
shifty&shadyminister,

You remind me of an LNP politician who probably thinks Megan is just another lying cow.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Tuesday, 16 March 2021 6:46:21 AM
Mr Uneducated,

I'm surprised that you would say that Meghan is a lying cow.

I agree with your sentiments but would refrain from such language.
Posted by shadowminister, Tuesday, 16 March 2021 7:10:13 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy