The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Women a Liberal Party Problem.

Women a Liberal Party Problem.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 47
  7. 48
  8. 49
  9. Page 50
  10. 51
  11. 52
  12. All
Shadow Minister,

I did not defend Craig Thompson.

And I certainly am not defending inappropriate
behaviour currently. The fact that you are is
most inappropriate coming from the gentleman
I assumed you were.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 31 March 2021 1:03:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
cont'd ...

SM,

Do you have a wife, mother, daughters?

Ah well, so does our PM.

Stop defending behaviour that has no place in a
civil society.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 31 March 2021 1:23:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Foxy,

When it comes to shonkyminister never ASSUME cause as we know when you ASSUME you make an ASS out of U and ME.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 31 March 2021 1:25:22 PM
Hi Paul,

What an incredible mess the Liberal Party finds itself
in currently. What's with appointing M. Cash as the
Attorney General? A more unstable woman could not
be found? And then what about the one appointed to
care about women? Even Grace Tame objected to her.

Blunders are being made to placate members within the
party and defending them seems rather desperate. But
I guess party loyalty is stronger than common sense in
some cases.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 31 March 2021 1:44:47 PM
Hi Foxy,

If Morrison was serious about women's issues, then instead of huffing and puffing, forming yet another committee, he could have firstly took the time to read the Kate Jenkins 'Respect@Work Report` on workplace harassment. Secondly Morrison could have implemented the 55 recommendation contained within that report. Morrison knows there is a powerful right wing faction in the Liberal Party that doesn't want a bar of this "women's lib nonsense" these mostly old farts are having difficulty moving out of the 1950's.

I once attended a Liberal Party branch meeting, I was invited, good to know your enemy. It was a joke, a young radical at an old farts convention. Out front was a table covered with a white linen table cloth. On the table were two photos, one of Sir Robert Menzies, and the other a very young Queen Elizabeth II. Seated there in the middle was a old fart who I understood to be the Branch President, another old fart as well, the Branch Secretary, and an old duck the Branch Treasurer. I forget what the riveting discussion was about, but just before the meeting closed two other old ducks got up and retired to the back of the room, where they put the kettle on and uncovered the Iced Vo-Vo's and yummy little cakes. The tea and cakes were the highlight of the evening for me. Admittedly it was back in the 70's and since I never attended another Liberal Party meeting I suppose things have moved on in 2021, the Iced Vo-Vo's most likely have been replaced with Tim Tams, or heaven forbid American style Oreo Cookies, such progress!
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 31 March 2021 8:33:24 PM
Foxy,

A little bit of hypocrisy, do you have a husband and children yet support the embezzlement of union funds on prostitutes etc by an MP supported by a liar of PM Juliar.

Your soapbox is rotten.
Posted by shadowminister, Thursday, 1 April 2021 2:50:44 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 47
  7. 48
  8. 49
  9. Page 50
  10. 51
  11. 52
  12. All