The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Zero Emissions by 2050 for Australia

Zero Emissions by 2050 for Australia

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Lots of talks over how each countries are working on decreasing (planning to) emissions. Honestly I love to protect the environment, but apart from taking my empty beer can to the recycle bin, use less paper and reuse my supermarket shopping bags. I don't see how individual can contribute much decrease emissions. What else more can we do to help?
Posted by r66ald, Wednesday, 25 November 2020 2:31:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Govt perks, Military exercises, Air travel for the silly masses, satellites & rockets, research, Beauty industries, entertainment industries, Sport, etc etc are the REAL polluters !
Which one will cut back first ? Voluntarily that is !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 25 November 2020 4:52:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I reckon it's all too little all too late.

And I think a lot of countries will fall short of zero emissions come 2050. I reckon 2200 is a more possible milestone.

I think the El Nino-La Nina oscillations will be the best indicator of what the planet will be like in 2050. They used to occur about 15 years but over the last couple of decades are occurring about every 7 years as the ocean water around the Equator is becoming warmer.

I expect them to become even more frequent and produce ever increasing adverse weather, especially in Australia which is our immediate concern. Patterns of extreme heat followed by extreme storms will reek havoc on the agricultural sector making it useless for farming and grazing.

I think we're facing a bleak future. I pity the future generations who will inherent a land of nothingness (and full of Chinese.)
Posted by Mr Opinion, Wednesday, 25 November 2020 5:31:15 PM
Zero emissions by 2050 - or by anytime at all. Pure insanity. Stand up to these nut cases.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 25 November 2020 6:17:51 PM
(and full of Chinese.)
Mr Opinion,
Well, it could be a lot worse if full of Mr Opinions & Bureaudroids !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 25 November 2020 8:07:40 PM
Could there ever have been a more ridiculous objective that to basically destroy the most successful civilization the earth has seen, just to eliminate a perfectly harmless plant fertilizing gas, vitally necessary to life on earth.

The average member of the human race is really are too stupid to to deserve to survive. an awful lot won't if the stupidity persists.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 25 November 2020 8:15:39 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy