The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > No Petrol Cars in UK by 2030

No Petrol Cars in UK by 2030

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
Hasbeen: "thinkabit I can see you've been well brainwashed by some ratbag greenie mates."

I've no idea why you would say this. When it comes to CO2, global warming and impending doom I'm definitely not in the "green" camp. Here's a comment that I made back in 2016 that details my stance on GW: https://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=7427#229198

Indeed, in general I'm one of the most anti-green people you could meet. Because for me the environment is just whatever exists on the surface of the planet at any given time. For example, whether part of the surface is rain-forests or mining sites, its all just part of the natural environment.
Almost everyone I know (even extreme-greenies) say the termites and a mounds they build across the country are part of the natural environment, so is a beaver and its dam in a picturesque stream in Canada and a cute wombat and its burrow in the forests down south.
But it always fascinates me why people don't just draw the logical obvious conclusion from this, like I do, and say that since these are "natural" things then so must be any city that we make, a damn that we build or a mine that we dig. For some illogical reason that I really cannot fathom most seem to think that we are somehow separate-from/not-part-of nature and thus anything that we do that has an impact on the environment isn't natural.
Posted by thinkabit, Friday, 27 November 2020 1:55:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy