The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > No Petrol Cars in UK by 2030

No Petrol Cars in UK by 2030

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Dear Hassie,

I'm too old for training if that kind.

I have a problem with mobility which is
getting worse.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 20 November 2020 3:43:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Not quite, Mr. Smarty pants Aidan. If Johnson survives UK voters, hybrid cars will be gone as well by 2035.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 20 November 2020 5:53:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think that I'll build a steam car powered by renewable fuel.
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 20 November 2020 6:36:06 PM
You wanna know the worst thing about being considered a 'conspiracy theorist'?

- It's that I told you all what was going to happen years ago, but you all just ignored me like I was the nut job.

Well I told you what was going to happen.
It doesn't take a genius to stand back and see where it's all going.
It's you lot that ignored me like I was the idiot.
- But you lot were the idiots.

What do you want me to say?
How am I supposed to respond?

I told you all the business elite have an agenda and were not part of it.
I told you all democracy is a load of crap.

They will push their agendas and make us love it no matter what we say.
When are you all going to wake up?

What do you want me to say?
What do you want me to do?

Throw a tanty?
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 20 November 2020 6:52:48 PM
"Throw a tanty?"

Whatever turns you on.
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 20 November 2020 7:11:36 PM
Me too Foxy. I have ordered a big mobility scooter, almost a battery quad bike, so I can stop using the ride on mower to tow the wheely bins out to the front gate, take a slice of hay down to the daughters horse, or start the dam pump to get garden water up to the house. Short runs aren't good for petrol engines.

Is Mise, I have a number of plans for WW11 gas generators, which would drive a petrol pump, or get a car to town to do the shopping, if there is anything in shops. Let me know if you want them when/if the time comes, & petrol & diesel aren't readily available. Unless we have gone nuclear, there won't electricity from these windmills for very long, & certainly not enough to go round.

We have experimented with Stirling engines to drive pumps too. Our river is 70Ft below the black soil flood plane, so it would have to be a big powerful Stirling to pump up from there. We have scavenged a couple of large air compressor cast iron pressure tanks which should do the job.

I have also experimented with ram pumps. Our topography is not great for them, but sharing with neighbors we could get them going. Each of 10 of us have a few acres of good black soil along the river, so could feed big numbers if we can water it from the river, dams are only really for stock drinking again due to topography.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 20 November 2020 10:29:45 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy