The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Queensland back to normal.

Queensland back to normal.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Not only is the virus no longer disrupting life up here, but the weather is back to it's usual activities.

Rain with thunderstorms on 5 of the last 7 days, delivering 125mm of lovely spring life giving water for the week. Although I have seen it many times I am always a little surprised at how quickly everything turns from brown to green with the start of the spring rains.

Much as I welcome the rain you have to feel for the dogs. My ridge back is so distressed by the thunder I'm wonder if he will have a heart attack. Meanwhile my sons pit bull is of a different nature. He wants to bite the horrible sky each time there's a clap of thunder.

Meanwhile the 150 meters of Cadagee gum wind break west & south of the house has turned snow white with flowers, the silky oaks are towers of orange/gold, & 80 hibiscus are competing with them for attention. They have been invaded with what seems like thousands of rainbow lorikeets, accompanied by hundreds of other nectar eaters.

I'm going to be spending a lot of time on the tractor & ride on mower in the next few months, but with all this explosion of life, you wouldn't be dead for quids.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 31 October 2020 2:06:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen,

I hope the good weather is some compensation for the bad election result.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 1 November 2020 8:45:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Good weather, bad election result", wrong on both counts. Folks out Ipswich way were hit by hail stones the size of cricket balls yesterday, smashing roofs, destroying cars and houses.

On politics, when are you old blokes going to move out of that 1950's yesteryear conservative tripe you wallow in, and realise Queen Victoria ain't coming back. ttbn fell for the three card trick with Corny Banana and his Conservative party, and got ripped off. It was never going to fly! If you like conservatism so much, you should go and join that Pommy joke, Bug Ridden Boris, and his Conservative party. For young Australian's, that's anyone under 80, counts you blokes out, they look to progressives to provide political leadership, and they find it in both major political parties. So fellas it time to suck it in, and join the majority.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 1 November 2020 7:22:43 PM
Queensland has always had hail the size of cricket balls, & bigger. In 1972 a mate & another hundred or so home owners in Redcliffe had to re-roof their homes when really big hail flattened their corrugated iron roofs, pulling a lot of the nails out.

In 1991 I had $4750, [in 1990 dollars] damage done to my company Camry, & a neighbor had a pony killed by similar hail.

Yep Anna sure picked the right side of the coronavirus debate to win all the dummies. About the only smart thing she has ever done. Got to say the other one, what ever her name is, must be the original invisible lady
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 1 November 2020 10:40:52 PM
I suppose that voters could think that there is so little difference between Labor and LNP that they might as well stick with the devil they know.

Paul 1405 needs to try posting when he is sober.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 1 November 2020 10:50:46 PM
My Meteorology teacher told me many years ago he was flying a C-130 over the Tablelands when a 6 inch lump of hail penetrated the fuselage & landed on the floor inside.
Posted by individual, Monday, 2 November 2020 8:12:58 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy