The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A Victory for the Meritocracy.

A Victory for the Meritocracy.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. All
Swamp donkey,

I seriously doubt that you have come within a country mile of my pay grade. People generally get paid in proportion to what they deliver to their customers or their employers which is a basic merit system.

Gay no longer means happy and meritocracy no longer means what young originally intended. Language evolves which if you were literate you would grasp.

As for Young's tale of a dystopia founded on merit which I understand is 1984 on valium the question is not whether I can read it but whether I want to.

Perhaps you should read "the fountainhead" and other books by Ayn Rand that describe distopias founded not on merit.
Posted by shadowminister, Thursday, 29 October 2020 4:13:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mr Opinion,
Can you name an intellectual that has had any positive influence in society ?
Posted by individual, Thursday, 29 October 2020 7:03:47 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
pseudo-individual,

Yes, I can name plenty of smart people who have had an influence.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 29 October 2020 7:29:22 AM
shadyminister,

It's no use entering into discourse with you because you lack the knowledge and training that one needs to discuss the Arts things like history, sociology, archaeology, anthropology, philosophy, etc. that I am qualified in.

I might as well talk to a six year old on these subjects rather than discuss them with you because in these areas your IQ is that of a five year old.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 29 October 2020 7:39:02 AM
Swamp donkey,

Every time you post you tap a new vein of stupidity. IQ (intelligence quotient) is a measure of distributed intelligence and a child of 5 who has an IQ of 150 will most probably become an adult with an IQ of 150, so saying that I have the IQ of a 5-year-old is as moronic as it is meaningless.

I am also amazed at your obvious insecurities that have driven you to collect a series of unchallenging pieces of paper which given your frequent blunders indicate that achievement was purely based on attendance.

I see now that a 6 year old would give you a good thrashing intellectually.
Posted by shadowminister, Thursday, 29 October 2020 9:40:25 AM
shadyminister,

I actually feel sorry for you.

For your information IQ is assessed against some imaginary 21 year old. It is one's knowledge relative to that datum.

For example, someone with an IQ of 100 has the same level of knowledge and someone with IQ of 120 has 20% more knowledge.

I doubt if a 5 year old will have an IQ of 100 unless he/she knows as much as the average person.

You would have a 5 year old's IQ if measured specifically with respect to the Arts things like history, sociology, anthropology, archaeology, philosophy, etc.

Simply because you have no knowledge and training in those fields.

Get it now?
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 29 October 2020 10:00:12 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy