The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Forcing people to vote during a COVID-19 epidemic is reprehensible

Forcing people to vote during a COVID-19 epidemic is reprehensible

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Forcing people to vote during a COVID-19 epidemic is reprehensible. I have put that down, knowing you only need get your name crossed off the electoral roll.

"Voters hit the polls in ACT election"

http://www.9news.com.au/national/act-election-voters-hit-polls-in-historic-state-election-labor-andrew-barr-liberal-alastair-coe/555f5b40-38d1-4c71-921a-45d343a2c78d?ref=BP_RSS_ninenews_1_voters-hit-the-polls-in-act-election-_171020

Putting that aside, why major political parties (Labor and Liberal) parties would still want you to go to a polling booth is deplorable, knowing many feel uncomfortable at the present time, when COVID-19 is a major issue affecting people world wide.

Just the idea of force, is something I find disgusting.

Political parties should at present, leave people alone. Any force should be stopped and expecting people to turn up to a polling booth, should be (if possible) a full voluntary process.

Yes both Labor and Liberal would lose out and other political parties may benefit, but it may be a good change in terms of democracy in Australia.
Posted by NathanJ, Saturday, 17 October 2020 2:36:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I was upset when we had to go to vote in an election, in Townsville, but It was so well run and handled, I changed my mind.

They opened up extra voting sites, with pre- voting, allowed everyday, for a couple of weeks before, to space the crowds out. .

They had controllers and organisers on site, keeping the crowd, moving and had marked out standing distance everywhere
. Inside they had about 13 rows across the room with proper distancing marked out between the rows, and standing place in the
Rows clearly marked out on the floor as well.

You were allowed to bring your own pen, and I bought some Glen 20 booth spray and a small bottle of hand wash.
Nobody was standing around chatting, and those 13 lines moved very fast, up to the desks.
I was in and out incredibly fast. There was noone outside handing out,”how to vote” phampletts either.
They were given to you when you got up to the registering desk.

, I was in and out very quickly
Posted by CHERFUL, Saturday, 17 October 2020 8:30:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Forcing people to vote is reprehensible at any time!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Saturday, 17 October 2020 11:53:49 PM
COVID-19 isn't high virulent(deadly). What we know of as "flu" is a combination of influenza/pneumonia. This can be confirmed checking ABS Mortality Statistics 2017. 2017 globally these two diseases totaled 3+Million deaths. It's now 10.5 months & COVID-19's just over 1 Million pro-rata 1.3Million annually.

COVID-19 isn't as contagious as colds/flu. Same lock down symptomatic testing conditions eg Qld there's a higher no. of negative results meaning they likely have a cold or flu & note we have vaccinations for flu making it harder to get.

COVID-19 first cluster present Wuhan was 28 December (China's flu season) that puts patient0 contraction at 1 December. Reports from France retesting shows a November case. Wuhan's borders only closed 23 January 2020. Yet this supposedly highly contagious disease, with no barriers & surface life on all those plastic Ebay buy airbags (upto 14 days or longer per CSIRO) didn't spread across the rest of the Northern hemisphere.

Wuhan was hard locked down. By 29 February 2.5 cycles of the 14 day incubation period it was still per WHO data seeing a high numbers of presents. This should've told ALL Governments something was very wrong. 18th March UK Government publicly announced it was downgraded. The Australian Government would've known this prior. Instead of the truth, we were given media distractions Ruby & Hotel Victoria, locked up as a country & within our States and have been given a degrading list of things to do from shaking hands like chickens, standing social distanced as they've been laughing at us & forced to wear masks & punitively fined for enjoying our life.

Some Media including ABC, Senior Public servants and politicians State & Federal have frightened people purposely for their own gain. There is now a Class Action for Crimes Against Humanity mounting. These people should be sacked & jailed not rewarded with an election
Posted by democracydemon, Sunday, 18 October 2020 7:47:41 AM
Try a mail in vote instead then, or wear a fine.
I know it's kind of unfair, I failed to vote last local election at the start of Covid.

And it didn't stop the fine turning up about a month back.

Do these incumbent 2 party paradigm fools think they will get my support issuing me with fines?
Hell NO.

Is there some way I can vote to put them both EQUAL LAST.

What do you do when you feel none of the parties or players are worth your support?

Make a stand not vote and earn a fine?
Punish yourself - with the money going back into the coffers to keep the whole flawed system going and continually handing out more fines?

Vote for the lesser evil, and still end up with what you don't want
And the person you didn't want now thinks they earned a 'mandate' just because you voted for the least unlikeable candidate?

No I don't support your stupid climate change agendas.
And I don't care about feminists or women empowerment or Antifa or Black Lives Matter or foreign minority groups or transgender toilets or 72 genders or any of that either.

I'm not copping the fine this time.
I'll turn up on election day, maybe I'll deface the ballot with a picture of mens privates, nazi symbols 'vote for mein furer' and other foul comments just for the fun of it;
- Or maybe I'll just pop an empty ballot in the box and get the hell out of there.
- But either way I'm not paying these fools again.

They want to fine us, but none of them lost a single dollar during COVID.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 20 October 2020 4:14:54 AM
finally it takes Trump to tell the truth

'“People are tired of hearing Fauci and all these idiots,” Trump said of the government’s top infectious disease expert. “Every time he goes on television, there’s always a bomb. But there’s a bigger bomb if you fire him. But Fauci’s a disaster.”'

Masks, no masks, lockdowns, no lockdowns yes just like the gw religion the 'experts' have shown to be fools by and large.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 20 October 2020 9:57:42 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy