The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Biden Will Stand Down

Biden Will Stand Down

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. All
From James Kunstler's post;
You heard it here first: Joe Biden will call in “sick” to the
presidential candidates’ debate on Tuesday, September 29, and within
days the Democratic Party will be obliged to replace him.
Enough said for now. Wait for it….

James Kunstler is author of many books on oil, economics and the "Long Emergency".

I can see why this might happen. I saw him on TX the other day and it
was embarrassing to watch. It would be cruel to push him into a full on political campaign.
Posted by Bazz, Sunday, 20 September 2020 10:51:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bazz,
You reckon it'll play out like this ?

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=9226#309424
Posted by individual, Monday, 21 September 2020 9:22:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Bazz,

Kunstler is an avid Trump supporter and has stated
that he would do anything to ensure that Trump gets
elected.

I would take anything this man says with a grain of salt.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 21 September 2020 10:18:59 AM
Actually Foxy, he is a Democrat voter, has been all his life as he has
said many a time.
He said he would rather not vote for Trump but the alternative is worse.
This is a demonstration of the advantages of preferential voting.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 21 September 2020 10:40:27 AM
Foxy, surely it is not where, [or who], the idea comes from, but whether the idea makes sense that counts.

So the question becomes, do the Democrats really believe that Bidden is up to debating Trump. The logical answer is that he is not, so what can they do about that.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 21 September 2020 10:45:29 AM
Dear Bazz,

Check out the man's biography on the web.

Dear Hassie,

If what Trump says and the way he behaves makes
perfect sense to you. That is a bit of a concern.
At least Biden does listen to advisers.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 21 September 2020 10:52:27 AM
PLANTA GRACIOUSLY PROVIDES KUNSTLER'S POST AND POLITICAL LEANINGS

1. This is "James Kunstler's post" to which Bazz refers

Click on https://kunstler.com/

Then click on CLUSTER-UCK NATION – BLOG >

specifically click on "BRINGING A BAZOOKA TO A KNIFE FIGHT" of September 18, 2020

2. Re Foxy vs Bass. Is Kunstler Republican or Democrat? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Howard_Kunstler#Career indicates:

"Kunstler is a harsh critic of both the REPUBLICAN PARTY,
describing them as "a gang of hypocritical, pietistic sadists, seeking pleasure in the suffering of others while pretending to be Christians, devoid of sympathy, empathy, or any inclination to simple human kindness, constant breakers of the Golden Rule, enemies of the common good."[5]

and also the DEMOCRATIC PARTY
and their "underhanded attempts" to get rid of Donald Trump, a man whom Kunstler sees as showing "strength".[6]

He is also a promoter of the concept of a so-called "deep state" working to overthrow and thwart Trump.[7].

He has ENDORSED TRUMP
for re-election and declared that he intends to do "everything he can to prevent the Democrats from winning the election."[8]

For more help send money to Peter (like Assange) the Great http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_the_Great

:)
Posted by plantagenet, Monday, 21 September 2020 11:22:15 AM
CORRECTION. I forget to delete the s after http:

PLANTA GRACIOUSLY PROVIDES KUNSTLER'S POST AND POLITICAL LEANINGS

1. This is "James Kunstler's post" to which Bazz refers

Click on http://kunstler.com/

Then click on CLUSTER-UCK NATION – BLOG >

specifically click on "BRINGING A BAZOOKA TO A KNIFE FIGHT" of September 18, 2020
Posted by plantagenet, Monday, 21 September 2020 11:24:18 AM
Well Foxy, I just read one biography of Kunstler and it had no mention
of his politics.
I know that he made a number of predictions of a crash in the US stock
market that were wrong.
However his statements on the oil industry have been right on the mark.
The bankruptcy rates in the oil industry show that.
Shell planning to leave the oil industry, what does that tell you ?

He did not vote for Hilary Clinton because he believes she is a crook
with the Clinton Foundation. Have seen that repeated many other places.
He is not a supporter of Trump as he has said many times.
It is just that he thinks Trump is better than the people the Democrats support.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 21 September 2020 11:25:50 AM
Dear Bazz,

Read the references that Pete has cited for you.
Things will become clearer.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 21 September 2020 11:27:51 AM
Just remember all the predictions about US politics before Trump - the man who could never be president - was elected. And, WTF are you so concerned about something you have no say at all in. We have Stalin the Second in Victoria, and Morrison the Meek in Canberra. That's enough for any of us to worry about without any hand wringing over foreign politics.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 21 September 2020 11:42:14 AM
And who can we count on to come and save us if
China chooses to attack?
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 21 September 2020 11:44:28 AM
Foxy, by Peter I presume you mean Plantagenet.
His link was to the same article that I read.
It says quite clearly he is critical of both parties.
In one article some time back he said he is a registered Democrat voter.
whatever that means.
Anyway I have never read of him other that unhappy with Trump.
But what does it matter if he was happy with Trump ?
Do you have what they call Trump Derangement Syndrome ?
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 21 September 2020 11:45:12 AM
Plantagenet, after all these years, has discovered 'the forum', and looks like gracing us with his Bolshevism on a regular basis. The next thing we know, Alan B will be spreading his looooong diatribes here.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 21 September 2020 11:47:47 AM
Well, we'll know the truth of this in a bit over a week, so let's not get too worked up about it just now.

But if Biden did pull out of the debate, it would show that he had more smarts than I give him credit for. But it wouldn't mean that he'd have to pull out of the race. He could just claim that a staffer or someone he had contact with was WuFlu positive and he needed to self-isolate... for the good of "you know, the thing" (http://youtu.be/PpMAd7uXMSY)
Posted by mhaze, Monday, 21 September 2020 11:58:12 AM
ttbn

"Bolshevism" I just spat my late breakfast rice bubbles, cos of you.

I'll have you know I believe in Australian nuclear weapons on Australian nuclear propelled submarines.

AND ttbn. I can see you drooling with baited breath

I usually vote Liberal with increasing preference for Shooters and Fishers.

So there! You naughty, nong, you.
Posted by plantagenet, Monday, 21 September 2020 12:03:03 PM
Own up, Pete. You are plant. Rice bubbles are a giveaway. We all know who eats rice.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 21 September 2020 1:28:13 PM
And who can we count on to come and save us if
China chooses to attack?
Foxy,
Well, definitely not those breeding Snowflakes who are so vehemently opposing A National Service !
Posted by individual, Monday, 21 September 2020 2:41:24 PM
ttbn

Planta not "plant".

Was not Mao a happy chappy comic who fed his people not? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Leap_Forward#Famine_deaths

Planta (like Mongo) only pawn in game of life! http://youtu.be/SKRma7PDW10
Posted by plantagenet, Monday, 21 September 2020 6:19:05 PM
Joe and his mates in the Democratic Party want to reestablish contact with China. They admire the CCP
Posted by Josephus, Monday, 21 September 2020 11:41:48 PM
I would like to think US disdain for the CCP is strongly bipartisan, but who knows.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Tuesday, 22 September 2020 9:01:02 AM
Josephus,

Loving the CCP ? Not as much as Trumpf does. But then, he loves all strongmen, all dictators - he LOVES Kim Jong Un. He seems to get on quite well with Putin, and certainly gets on with Xi Jin Ping better than our Mr Morrison does.

So if you want to suck up to Trumnpf, get your priorities right :)

Still, he's your Chosen Turd.

Only 43 days to go (our time).

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Tuesday, 22 September 2020 1:09:16 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Loudmouth2
I've certainly got to know you now with your deliberate misinformation and illogical thought processes.
The American News Hour this afternoon said The Democratic Party want to reinstate the Iran nuclear deal, and remove the sanctions that Trump imposed.
http://inthesetimes.com/article/democrats-iran-nuclear-deal-obama-trump
Posted by Josephus, Tuesday, 22 September 2020 5:32:15 PM
Biden blamed Trump for 200 million US covid deaths. Our own Joe's tds exaggerations are not so bad after all!
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 22 September 2020 9:02:22 PM
Heckle & Jeckle,

Thanks for your attention :)

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Tuesday, 22 September 2020 10:30:01 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I agree with Graham Richardson:

"With all the talent the Democrats had at their disposal they still managed to produce a Grade-A dud. Even if Joe Biden enters the Oval Office, it will be a narrow victory and he won’t bring with him a big Senate majority and a new slew of Democratic governors.

Americans want inspiration. From this old fellow, the best they will do is a big dose of constipation."
Posted by shadowminister, Wednesday, 23 September 2020 5:26:49 AM
But Shadow, you always agree with the toadies from the Murdoch gutter press. Richardson himself was one of the great failures of modern Australian politics, reduced these days to giving sycophantic mouth to everything Rupert, all for his crumbs from that rich mans table.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 23 September 2020 9:11:50 AM
Paul,

If you cannot argue the substance but have to label everyone that disagrees with you a toady, then you are just a sad little man lacking the IQ to debate the issues.

Graham Richardson is still a proud Labor member and heavyweight, and the fact that the Australian has authors from all across the political spectrum and not just the far left whinge must burn you.
Posted by shadowminister, Wednesday, 23 September 2020 10:20:45 AM
There seems to be a huge difference between
the style of Donald Trump and Joe Biden.
Donald Trump's opinions are emotion-based and
anecdotal. He's not analytical nor does he consider
evidence-based views. He appears superficial and
uninformed. Biden is evidence driven rather than
emotion-based.

Trump appears even "folksy" at times.

We shall have to wait and see which style resonates
more with American voters.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 23 September 2020 10:33:37 AM
The yanks were stupid enough to reelect Obama, even after he had proven what a total dud he was.

They obviously just got lucky in avoiding Hillary, & getting someone who wanted the best for his country, rather than themselves, & their fellow swamp dwellers.

Can they get so lucky again, but god help us, the poor almost white trash of the south Pacific if they don't.

God imagine how bad it would get for them & us, if after avoiding Hillary, they got the Witch from the West.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 23 September 2020 12:46:36 PM
Hillary Clinton is 10 times better than Kamala Harris.
Posted by Josephus, Wednesday, 23 September 2020 1:16:02 PM
Foxy I have little interest in how Trump behaves. Most Alpha males have undesirable traits. IO could not stand his TV show, & was most surprised to see him in the presidential race.

It is what he does, & what he achieves that I find good. In fact you could say that in making America great again, he has made Donald Trump great.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 23 September 2020 1:50:15 PM
Shadow, since Richardson was putting forward paid opinion, I was sure it came from one of the Murdoch rags where he hangs out, you being a devotee and all, you did confirm that with your next post. Since there was nothing offered as evidence that Biden is quote "(a) Grade-A dud". For me Richardson was a failure when in government, so I seen it as ironic that a Grade-A dud himself is paid to declare an American politician he knows little about as also being a Grade-A dud. What I have seen and heard of Biden, I view him as mediocre, obviously well experienced in American politics but his advancing years is a drawback for him. I'm sure if Biden was 20 years younger he would blow a nit-wit like Trump out of the water. Nit-wit being my opinion of Trump.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 23 September 2020 3:27:16 PM
When the leaders of society are devoid of social conscience the Nation falls into decay. This is the state of the American swamp.
During her years as High Court Judge Ruth Bader Ginsburg championed during her time:
1. “This landmark case granted same-sex couples the right to marry in all 50 states. As a former officiant of same-sex weddings and an advocate for LGBTQ rights, it is believed that Ginsburg’s outspokenness affected public opinion.

2.ransgender Rights: Ginsburg supported the use of transgender bathrooms and, according to Reuters, was one of three Justices who would have denied the school board’s request that it be able to block a student from exercising choice in use of a bathroom”. Ginsburg also listed hundreds of “sexist” words that she said should be eliminated from all statutes, such as: man, woman, manmade, mankind, husband, wife, mother, father, sister, brother, son, daughter, serviceman, longshoreman, postmaster, watchman, seamanship, and “to man” (a vessel).

3. Protecting Prostitution. Ginsburg argued that federal laws against prostitution be repealed, stating that,

“Prostitution, as a consensual act between adults, is arguably within the zone of privacy protected by recent constitutional decisions.”

4. Defending Bigamy. Ginsburg believed that a law restricting the rights of bigamists, “is of questionable constitutionality since it appears to encroach impermissibly upon private relationships".

5. Abolishing Mother’s Day and Father’s Day. Ginsburg argued that, “Replacing ‘Mother’s Day’ and ‘Father’s Day’ with a ‘Parent’s Day’ should be considered, as an observance more consistent with a policy of minimizing traditional sex-based differences in parental roles.”
cont -
Posted by Josephus, Wednesday, 23 September 2020 8:12:01 PM
Continued -
6. Criticizing the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts. Ginsburg opined that:

“The Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts, while ostensibly providing ’separate but equal’ benefits to both sexes, perpetuate stereotyped sex roles to the extent that they carry out congressionally-mandated purposes.”

7. Urging Co-Ed Prisons. Ginsburg believed that:

“Sex-segregated adult or juvenile institutions are obviously separate and in a variety of ways, unequal… If the grand design of such institutions is to prepare inmates for return to the community as persons equipped to benefit from and contribute to civil society, then perpetuation of single-sex institutions should be rejected.”

8. Reducing the Age of Consent to 12. Ginsburg had recommended legislative changes that would reduce the age of consent for statutory rape under federal law from 16 to 12. While this point has been denied by Ginsburg’s supporters, a link to her decision can be found here. (See U.S.C. § 2032 on page 76)

9. Promotion of Abortion and Eugenics. Ginsburg strongly criticised the Court’s ruling that taxpayers are not constitutionally required to subsidise non-therapeutic abortions. Ginsburg also dissented in 2007 against the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act, stating that the court: "Deprives women of the right to make an autonomous choice, even at the expense of their safety. This way of thinking reflects ancient notions about women’s place in the family and under the Constitution — ideas that have long since been discredited.”

10. Practicing “Limousine Liberalism.” Most significantly of all, it seems that Ginsburg failed to really live up to the standards which she sort to legislate for everyone else. As Whelan states:

"But Ginsburg herself, at the time of her Supreme Court nomination, had operated her own judicial office for over a decade in a city that was majority black, but had never had a single black person among her more than 50 hires.”

In the light of all this, it’s little wonder that the leftist meltdowns continue unabated. Especially since Ginsburg infamously refused to resign while Obama was President. As Albert Mohler has rightly observed.

Author: Mark Powell
Posted by Josephus, Wednesday, 23 September 2020 8:22:55 PM
Jose' I don't have a problem with the above, do you? I assume you do. It shows the extent of bigoted intrusion into peoples everyday lives by medalling moralists. I favour the rule that providing you're not injuring others such behaviour is acceptable. On abortion I believe the unborn have a right to life, so in general I disagree with abortion on demand, others see it differently. But on prostitution, providing there is adequate protections in place for those involved, I don't have a problem.

I must say how this US election has exposed how sick the phony democracy of America really is.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 24 September 2020 6:58:20 AM
..... how sick the phony democracy of America really is.
Paul1405,
as phoney as you !
Posted by individual, Thursday, 24 September 2020 8:04:35 AM
Paul,

GR is still influential in the Labor party, and while he writes for the Australian, he is not constrained by them and much of what he writes about I don't agree with. That he is no longer in parliament means that he is no longer constrained by the party line.

However, that Biden will be 78 if elected for his first term and will be the oldest President ever is not debatable. Neither is the fact that he is on record numerous times fumbling his words and making fundamental errors in way that he didn't 4 years ago.
Posted by shadowminister, Thursday, 24 September 2020 8:10:47 AM
Good post Josephus...

Ginsberg appears to be another person from immigrant stock who is against British and western institutions such as the Boy Scouts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruth_Bader_Ginsburg

"She was nominated by President Bill Clinton and was generally viewed as a moderate judge who was a consensus builder at the time of her nomination.[2][3] She eventually became part of the liberal wing of the Court as the Court shifted to the right over time. Ginsburg was the second woman to serve on the U.S. Supreme Court, after Sandra Day O'Connor and was the first Jewish woman to serve on the court."

I wouldn't view her as moderate and that seems to have been born out.
Posted by Canem Malum, Thursday, 24 September 2020 10:28:46 AM
Josephus

It seems like Ginsburg qualified to be a secular regressive saint from the list you make. Thank God more and more people are waking up to the secular death cult.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 24 September 2020 11:34:05 AM
Runner seems NOT to acknowledge that 'the Left', Labor in Aus speak, Liberal in US speak, generally works 'For The Workers', For Unions.
For, not against.
Progressive as against Conservative.
'Worker', as against 'The Boss'.
But, incomprehensibly, is 'For Trump', For the Big Bosses?

And, runner, RBG worked tirelessly 'For Women' and Women's Rights.
So, runner, do you castigate RBG because she fought for women to have control of their destiny, including their bodies as well as their minds?
Can your perception and assessment be so skewed that RBG's support of women's right to determine their reproduction and Family Planning decisions automatically condemn RBG to the garbage-dump of history?

That's tantamount to condemning the Internet and Newspapers because their news content may not always be accurate, and, in any event, their content does not attempt to conform to 'The Good Book' in all their conveyed assumptions and conclusions.
Blinkered, myopic, narrow, and just plain wrong.
You, runner, or 'The World'?

Individual of course plumps for the other team - Lib, Boss, Entrepreneur and Investor, 'For Trump'.
But, for no good identified reason - just 'Because'?

Biden may not be the sharpest tack in the box, but at least he is 'real'

Trump, on the other hand, has demonstrated conclusively that he is suffering from some form of identity dysphoria - he really thinks he is blessed, he is entitled, he is Right, he is Saviour of the World, the 'Second Coming' with brass knobs on.
Messiah Trump.
(Sarah Huckabee Sanders certainly seemed to think so.)

Any day now Trump is likely to have a brain-Farct and will be carted off to the Happy Farm.
Politics is oh so stressful - especially when 'the chips are down' and all those wonderful dreams for Fracking and Space Force and World Domination are relying on you Winning, by any means, any at all.

Trump, whose form of insanity will be studied for generations - in hopes of finding an effective vaccine against it.

God Bless America. (And, keep it far from me.)
Posted by Saltpetre, Friday, 25 September 2020 1:42:57 PM
Salty wrote:
For, not against.
Progressive as against Conservative.
'Worker', as against 'The Boss'.

The use of the word "progressive" has been puzzling me for some time.
It context seems to be inferring that it means to advance the subject
to a more capable, useful, favorable, advanced, or desirable level.
It seems to be used by the left, and socialist, or even communist
leaning groups as a self tagging label.

Such tagging cannot be universally applied to all left or green
policies, people, groups or political parties.
For instance the greens can no longer connect themselves with the
word "progressive". Perhaps they once could but their policies now
are designed to reduce societies welfare and wealth to a very
significant degree.

That might be my opinion, but many others would have other fields
in mind in which "progressives" have a negative effect.

So, I believe that the Labour party which its supporters define it
as a progressive party are wrongly labeling it as such.
It cannot be an opposite meaning for conservative.
Progressive has to mean to universally advance.
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 25 September 2020 2:33:05 PM
evidence already of the lying liberal democrats trying to cheat the election.

https://pjmedia.com/election/matt-margolis/2020/09/24/military-ballots-found-in-the-trash-in-pennsylvania-all-were-trump-votes-n964614?fbclid=IwAR1KNE5GlqTBl7hc6-1kioCw6jU3d-IzcWHbbyRBR_5EsPU4IuZk-dq-nRw

they never did believe in democracy.
Posted by runner, Friday, 25 September 2020 4:46:12 PM
runner,

Oh dear, your giving a link to "PJ Media" will not
garner you any credibility.

PJ Media is considered to be a source that deliberately
attempts to publish hoaxes. In other words - fake news.
They are notorious for the promotion of propaganda
and conspiracy theories as well as failed fact checks.
They're made up of extremists who are considered very
untrustworthy with poor or no sourcing of credible
information. They lack transparency and their material
should be fact checked on a per article basis.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 25 September 2020 5:56:56 PM
cont'd ...

And you're right - they never did believe in
democracy - just like the current US President.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 25 September 2020 5:58:57 PM
I think you are confusing CNN and ABC Foxy. Surely your memory is not going the way of Biden. You know 4 years of fake Russian Collusion, Ukraine Collusion. I know cheating is nothing for a regressive!
Posted by runner, Friday, 25 September 2020 6:00:46 PM
http://www.mediaite.com/news/fbi-announces-investigation-into-at-least-9-discarded-military-mail-in-ballots-for-trump-in-pennsylvania/

The Department of Justice issued a revised statement on Thursday afternoon, stating that out of the nine ballots, “seven were cast for presidential candidate Donald Trump. Two of the discarded ballots had been resealed inside their appropriate envelopes by Luzerne elections staff prior to recovery by the FBI and the contents of those 2 ballots are unknown.” The department previously stated all nine ballots were cast for Trump.

http://nypost.com/2020/09/24/fbi-investigates-ballots-for-trump-found-in-pennsylvania-garbage/
The Justice Department on Thursday said the FBI has opened an investigation into nine absentee ballots — seven cast for President Trump — that were found in the garbage near Scranton, Pennsylvania.

“At this point we can confirm that a small number of military ballots were discarded,” US Attorney David Freed said in a statement.

“Investigators have recovered nine ballots at this time. Some of those ballots can be attributed to specific voters and some cannot. Of the nine ballots that were discarded and then recovered, 7 were cast for presidential candidate Donald Trump,” Freed said.

“Two of the discarded ballots had been resealed inside their appropriate envelopes by Luzerne elections staff prior to recovery by the FBI and the contents of those 2 ballots are unknown.”

An initial statement from Freed incorrectly said, “All nine ballots were cast for presidential candidate Donald Trump.”

Freed said the probe began Monday at the request of Luzerne County District Attorney Stefanie Salavantis.

“Since Monday, FBI personnel working together with the Pennsylvania State Police have conducted numerous interviews and recovered and reviewed certain physical evidence. Election officials in Luzerne County have been cooperative,” Freed said.

Nine states and Washington, DC, will mail ballots to all registered voters due to the coronavirus pandemic. Swing-state Pennsylvania will not send ballots to all voters.

Ballots are being mass-mailed in California, Colorado, Hawaii, Nevada, New Jersey, Oregon, Utah, Vermont and Washington state.
Posted by Josephus, Friday, 25 September 2020 7:36:32 PM
The Cuban terrorist from the 1960's have endorsed The Donald, all six of them. I thought they were all dead!
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 25 September 2020 10:12:53 PM
Foxy, I had never seen PJ Media so I had a look when you said it was
a conspiracy site and published hoaxes.
Is it just you or just someone else that says that ?
I could say that that the Age publishes hoaxes but it means nothing.
It definitely seems to be a "conservative" publication.
I saw nothing to suggest that it is "progressive" it seems to spend
its time putting down "Non conservatives".
Not happy with those labels.
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 25 September 2020 10:50:13 PM
Dear Bazz,

http://www.mediabiasfactcheck.com/pj-media

This might help.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 26 September 2020 10:02:12 AM
This is foxy who linked to new Matilda etc.

Pot kettle black!
Posted by shadowminister, Saturday, 26 September 2020 4:08:12 PM
Shadow Minister,

When was the last time I linked to New Matilda?
I stopped years ago. People do change.
Something you clearly don't understand or are
capable of. Yuck!
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 26 September 2020 4:23:57 PM
Self awarded "Dr Donald" suggests "A SPOONFUL OF CLOROX" http://youtu.be/DPDPzbLFeP4

2 spoonfuls will bring your temperature down

permanently :)
Posted by plantagenet, Saturday, 26 September 2020 7:38:23 PM
Hi Foxy,

Never seen a link from shonkyminister that's not from the Murdoch gutter press, have you?
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 26 September 2020 11:10:05 PM
plantagenet,
Obviously you love the Fake news it feeds your opinions.

The President never suggested using cleaning grade chloride. What he suggested was:
http://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/health/hydroxychloroquine-drug-that-could-be-our-virus-saviour/news-story/a62ea1a7d9c5eed7ff6185b014831e14

It is you who could be a danger to society by promoting misinformation.
Posted by Josephus, Sunday, 27 September 2020 6:48:41 AM
lovely to see a good women selected for the Supreme Court. A win for all who love life.
Posted by runner, Sunday, 27 September 2020 8:54:13 AM
Over the past six months we have seen Democrat supporters and Democratic Governors make hero's of dead criminals, while thousands of innocent babies lives have been taken, supported by the same Democrat rioters. They talk about supporting Black lives while most black infants are murdered in the womb. Joe Biden is supported by these criminals. They want to defund the Police capturing criminals, Trump will defund the abortion Clinics murdering innocent lives
Posted by Josephus, Sunday, 27 September 2020 10:19:51 AM
What women want to do with their own bodies is their business. It's not any bloke's business. End of.

However: will this new Supreme Court appointment (has RBG been buried yet ?) also try to outlaw all forms of contraception, except perhaps condoms ?

Again, this interferes with women's rights to do what they like with their bodies.

And then what ? Women must be 'let go' if they get married ? Women barred from 'proper' universities ? No more women's sports teams ? Scrap the women's vote ? That women will be allowed out of their homes only if they are accompanied by a male relative ?

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Sunday, 27 September 2020 10:41:50 AM
Now you are talking Joe.

Have you realised how much better run the country was BEFORE we started giving women the vote, & getting women MPs, alderman, [or is it alderpeople] Mayors, ministers, premiers, & directors of companies & government departments & the like.

How much more catastrophe do we have to suffer, before we go back to running things rationally, rather than emotionally?

The navy had the right idea for women. Every sailor knew that you should keep the women barefoot & pregnant, & at the kitchen sink, if you wanted to prevent trouble when you went to sea.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 27 September 2020 12:22:06 PM
Ah yes Hasbeen, also chairman.
I once attended a meeting chaired by a woman and she objected to being
called chairman.
I had to point out that the "man" part of the word refers to the latin
name for hand.
When the chairman of the Roman Senate stood to speak he stood behind
his chair and placed his hands on the chair, hence chairman.
Posted by Bazz, Sunday, 27 September 2020 12:46:42 PM
yep a woman adopting poor kids, looking after one with down syndrome and being successful in life has certainly triggered the regressives. How they need to twist the facts to fit their demonising narrative. Makes you either laugh or cry!
Posted by runner, Sunday, 27 September 2020 2:48:29 PM
Runner,

The SC nominee is to be commended for her care and obvious love of children. She exercised her right to choose, and she chose children.

Otherwise, what's your point ? Does that have anything at all to do with abortion, and the denial of other women's rights to their own choices ?

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Sunday, 27 September 2020 3:20:02 PM
Runner, loudmouth2 supports a woman's rights to murder her children. This makes her unfit for motherhood in our opinion, not in loudmouth2 opinion, then they wonder why we are reaping the destruction in Western society. A society based on the love and care of the most vulnerable.

Women have a social responsibility with their bodies to make wise choices, rather than act to take a life after a bad choice.
Posted by Josephus, Sunday, 27 September 2020 5:00:50 PM
Josephus,

So at what point in the development of an embryo, then foetus, then child, are we talking about ? If life begins at conception, does that therefore, in your book, rule out the pill, the loop and various other forms of contraception ?

I'm happy to set a limit for abortion of around 20-22 weeks after conception, if I were a woman and it was my choice. But it isn't, and I'm betting it's not yours either.

204,000 deaths in the US from this virus, so far - perhaps you should be grieving over those, and those to come, from your idiot who hasn't got a clue what to do about it. Thank god, only 38 more days to go (our time).

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Sunday, 27 September 2020 5:27:08 PM
Joe you appear to be becoming irrational.

Just as the high death toll in any part of Oz was caused by the actions of a Labor premier, the largest number of deaths in the US is Down to the Democrat, [lefty], Mayor & Governor of New York, & a lesser extent to another couple of Democrat controlled states.

Just as with the BLM riots, Democrat governors who would not comply with Trump systems to control the thing are where you should look to lay blame.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 27 September 2020 6:15:54 PM
Joe

;Otherwise, what's your point ? Does that have anything at all to do with abortion, and the denial of other women's rights to their own choices ?;

women have more choices than ever before. They can do what they like with their bodies. No one however has the right to slice up the body of a baby. They are unable to speak for themselves. Also the wonderful choice of the Courts appointment demonstrates their are plenty of potential parents waiting to adopt unwanted babies. Much more civilised even you gotta admit.
Posted by runner, Sunday, 27 September 2020 6:29:46 PM
Hassy, what spin do you put on the high number of official deaths in the Republican controlled states of Florida and Texas? What is evident is the learned experience from the first wave of infections has resulted in still high infection rates but much better morbidity control.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 27 September 2020 8:39:10 PM
Morbidity would have been a damn sight less if the Democrats had not denigrated Hydroxychloroquine as a treatment in an attempt to harm Trump.

What a disgusting lot they are.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 27 September 2020 10:16:58 PM
Paul,

I can't remember the last post of yours that didn't contain at least one outright lie.

I have posted many if not most of my links and quotes from non-newscorp media primarily because few in the left whinge subscribe. Considering that you very seldom if ever provide a quote or link because you avoid facts.
Posted by shadowminister, Monday, 28 September 2020 6:02:32 AM
Come, come, shonkyminister, you are well known on the forum for your links to the Murdoch rags. You must be on the dollar a month deal, where you get all that guff for next to nothing. You stick up a link, I open it, and its a Murdoch paywall. My principles wont allow me to stoop so low as paying to read the rantings of Beat Up Bolt, The Lovely Miranda Devine, Putrid Akerman or Ranting Richo! I forgot The Jones Boy as well! I will not finance some billionaire whose media empire publishes nothing but trash!
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 28 September 2020 4:38:56 PM
At least the Murdoch Press is not a state sanctioned and funded Communist/ Socialist propaganda machine- he seems to be the main media speaking up for Australian interest. But I guess that Paul1405 doesn't care about Australia's interest- is he even Australian- maybe he is just a global communist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Broadcasting_Corporation#Abbott-Turnbull-Morrison_Government_(2013%E2%80%93present)

Type Statutory corporation
Industry Mass media
Predecessor Australian Broadcasting Company, Australian Broadcasting Commission

Founded 1 July 1929; 91 years ago
Founder Lyons Government
Headquarters Sydney, Australia
Area served Australia and South East Asia
Key people David Anderson, Managing Director
Ita Buttrose, Chair

Revenue Increase A$1.06 billion[1] (2019-20)
Total assets Increase A$1,401,757,000 (2019)[2]
Owner Australian Government
Number of employees 4,649[2] (2018-19)
Divisions ABC TelevisionABC RadioABC NewsABC SportABC DigitalABC InternationalABC Commercial

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Broadcasting_Corporation#Abbott-Turnbull-Morrison_Government_(2013%E2%80%93present)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Broadcasting_Corporation#ABC_journalists_in_politics
Posted by Canem Malum, Monday, 28 September 2020 5:38:46 PM
Focussing on the IMPORTANT things in life:

Over these dark Covid months I've gained an affliction for happy Country and Western music, preferably song by somebody young, blonde and female.

To that end, here's a song called "Classic" (released July 2020) - sung by a lass called "Cam" http://www.allmusic.com/artist/cam-mn0003380333/biography

Here's "Classic" on video http://youtu.be/fqkTcwLL-Bc

Lyrics are below:

Pickin' up some Lucky Strikes
Leanin' on the wall outside
They don't make 'em like that anymore
Talkin', down at the corner store
They shut their lights and they closed their doors
'Cause they don't make 'em like that anymore
But you and I are classic

Like a bench in the front seat
Like a big yellow taxi
Like your best friend's mixtape
A big limo and a prom date
Ain't nothin' new I'm waitin' for
'Cause they don't make 'em like this anymore

I wanna hit rewind, baby
Take our time
Wanna hit rewind, baby
Take our time
They don't make 'em like this anymore

Fixin' up the '65
Take ya to the drive-in tonight
They don't make 'em like that anymore
With the stars on the screen, good Lord
I'm talkin', speaker hangin' off a truck door
No, they don't make 'em like that anymore
But you and I are classic

Like a bench in the front seat
Like a big yellow taxi
Like your best friend's mixtape
A big limo and a prom date
Ain't nothin' new I'm waitin' for
'Cause they don't make 'em like this anymore

I wanna hit rewind, baby
Take our time
Wanna hit rewind, baby
Take our time

Johnny and June
Chevy, light blue
(They don't make 'em like this anymore)
Bette Davis
Yellow pages
(They don't make 'em like this anymore)
But you and I, we were built to last it
Just a couple of stone cold classics

I wanna hit rewind, baby
Take our time
Wanna hit rewind, baby
Take our time
Posted by plantagenet, Monday, 28 September 2020 5:44:00 PM
I notice an interesting practise from Paul and other leftist commentators.
They critise News ltd, but I notice they have Labour/Green commentators
every day. I cannot say the opposite of the ABC.
They never have right-handed commentators, unless it is the PM or Treasurer.
Then they seem to have the part of Aunt Sally.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 28 September 2020 7:57:31 PM
Bazz- This is war between the Traditionalists and the Globalists (Communists, Global Industrialists)- there is no fair- it just shows which side of the battle line Paul1405 stands- and it shows which side the ABC stands.
Posted by Canem Malum, Monday, 28 September 2020 9:37:23 PM
I'd rather say that Biden will be pumped full of every possible substance to keep him on track so that he can actually face Trump at the time of the debate, but will then be sent to rest for a week afterwards so that he can recover. And then, should he win the election, that's going to be a matter of months until he's declared officially unable to do his job and replaced by Kamala Harris.
Posted by Flanker, Tuesday, 29 September 2020 4:35:08 AM
I hear that Trump has challenged Biden to a drug test and offered to
be tested. Watching Biden on TV does indicate that he is
having a problem of some sort. I come in contact with numerous elderly
people and none of them have a problem like Biden's.
Forgetfulness is a common problem but no one gets lost in the middle
of a sentence. Once what you want to say is conceived it just gets
formed and output. Biden get halfway through what he wanted to say
and then forgets what he is saying. That is much more serious I would think.
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 29 September 2020 9:32:25 AM
Paul,

You talk for yourself alone much of it utter crap. That you chose to remain ignorant is not on me. I pay for access to both the SMH / Age and the Australian and also read the guardian and other media sources and cite them all.

You wouldn't know the truth if it hit you between the eyes.
Posted by shadowminister, Tuesday, 29 September 2020 11:21:26 AM
Hi Flanker,

Welcome to Australian media ! What part of the US are you writing from ? Never mind, we'll pick it up.

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Tuesday, 29 September 2020 11:44:49 AM
SM, when have you ever posted a link to 'The Guardian'? You might occasionally provide the odd link from other sources, but the vast majority are from the Murdoch gutter press. Who do you thing you are kidding?

CM, when you get up the nose of a wacky right winger, they invariably come with what they believe is the ultimate insult, that thorny old chestnut....Calling you a COMMUNISTS!

"Mike Pompeo (US secretary of state) will visit the Vatican to protest against the imminent renewal of a deal between the Catholic church and China, which the US claims endangers its moral authority. Pope Francis has reportedly declined to meet Pompeo during his visit this week, citing the closeness of the US election. However, such a move is likely to be linked to Pompeo’s recent attacks on the Vatican’s perceived soft-pedalling on China’s human rights record as the two sides prepare to extend a historic agreement signed two years ago."

Up to 70 million Chinese profess to be Christian.
BTW; A bit of a joke, claiming "moral authority", when you have a pussy grabbing president in office
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 29 September 2020 5:55:04 PM
loudmouth02, I'm not from the USA (I'm a Scot working in Russia) but a significant part of my income comes from monitoring US media , and it feels like I'm much better informed about what happens there rather than in the UK or where I live now! I mean, right now, I'm not reading about the outlandish "solutions" being proposed regarding Brexit (a border between Kent and the rest of Great Britain? Seriously?) but waiting for the Trump/Biden debate livestream to start https://www.washingtonpost.com/elections/2020/09/29/presidential-debate-live-updates/ And I've joined this forum because I may be affected to Australia by the company I work for next year, and would like to get acquainted with the political/news landscape.
Posted by Flanker, Wednesday, 30 September 2020 3:46:02 AM
Paul,

Once again you are a liar. You make brave statements and clearly haven't even bothered to check.
Posted by shadowminister, Wednesday, 30 September 2020 5:45:45 AM
Watched the Trump/Biden debate. Biden presented as a mature level headed politician, nothing flash, but the type Americans can rely on to get in and clean up the mess created by the incumbent. Trump on the other hand appeared to be a spoilt little rich kid wanting to spit the dummy if he couldn't have his own way, an immature brat!

This thread is wishful thinking on the part of Bazz, "You heard it here first: Joe Biden will call in “sick” to the presidential candidates’ debate on Tuesday, September 29, and within
days the Democratic Party will be obliged to replace him.
Enough said for now. Wait for it…"

If I was to score the debate, Biden was a clear winner, with a factual down to earth presentation. The other bloke was a a petulant fool, coming across as a bad tempered idiot!
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 30 September 2020 3:19:42 PM
'If I was to score the debate, Biden was a clear winner, with a factual down to earth presentation. The other bloke was a a petulant fool, coming across as a bad tempered idiot!'

as one who supported marxist/blm's anarchy we would not expect anything Paul. I thought you would love lies, bullying and spin. Its all you seem to work on.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 30 September 2020 3:22:44 PM
SM, you would post a dozen links to Murdoch trash, for one from The Guardian, SMH or ABC. Why is it a lie when I asked you two questions. A question can't be a lie as you claim.

Q1, When have you ever posted a link to 'The Guardian'?

Q2, Who do you thing you are kidding?

Being a sycophantic Trump supporter as you are, you're sounding more and more like the American moron with every new post
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 30 September 2020 3:29:05 PM
Paul, you should have been a politician, well practiced in spin.
I never said Biden would not turn up;
I quoted what was said for your interest.
I watched the first half hour but could not stand it any more.
Pity the moderator did not moderate.
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 30 September 2020 7:50:29 PM
Half an hour Bazz, I take my hat off to you. I managed 7 minutes, but could not stand more.

I'd hate to have to decide who to vote for from that mess.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 30 September 2020 9:58:23 PM
Paul,

You can't even tell when you are lying. Your statement "You might occasionally provide the odd link from other sources, but the vast majority are from the Murdoch gutter press." is false, and you haven't even checked.

The few links for the Australian that I have posted are not representative of the last 13 years at all. I have also posted as roughly the same number from other sources.
Posted by shadowminister, Thursday, 1 October 2020 6:15:47 AM
Hi there Bazz, from your opening post;

"I can see why this might happen. I saw him on TX the other day and it
was embarrassing to watch. It would be cruel to push him into a full on political campaign."

I will turn that onto TRUMP! He was an embarrassment, it is cruel to push a petulant school boy into a full on political campaign for the presidency of the United States.

BTW I watched the whole 90 mins, a glutton for punishment. If you tell the truth, it wasn't Biden who was being the arsehole, it wasn't the moderator IT WAS TRUMP!

I was actually embarrassed to watch a grown human being holding such high office going on like a retarded chimpanzee in front of millions of people! If that was Scott Morrison I'd be telling everyone today Ï'm a Kiwi".
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 1 October 2020 6:21:12 AM
shadowminister, there's another lie, "not representative of the last 13 years at all" You started posting 20/8/2020, two moths ago. And your first post was an attack on me, I was gracious enough then welcome you to the forum. Just no pleasing some people.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 1 October 2020 7:19:33 AM
Pauliar,

You can't help yourself, can you? Either you are the village idiot or you are feigning stupidity.
Posted by shadowminister, Thursday, 1 October 2020 11:05:18 AM
Paul, Ho Hum, don't bore us.
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 1 October 2020 2:53:28 PM
Sadly this debate told us everything about America:
a broken, divided, angry society.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 1 October 2020 2:58:48 PM
Bazz, do you know anything about the 'Prod Boys' or are you claiming ignorance like the lying Trump. Seems they think very highly of your favorited dirt bag. The FBI has classified the far-right Proud Boys as an extremist white hate group with ties to white nationalism and other racists groups. Hitler had his Brown Shirts, Trump has his Proud Boys!

http://www.voanews.com/usa/notorious-hate-group-proud-boys-celebrates-trumps-debate-comments
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 1 October 2020 7:18:25 PM
I had heard something about the Proud Boys, but a lot more
about antifar. Who are the ones who you see burning down
buildings and cars etc and stealing clothes and TV sets etc ?
If it is beyond the police then the army should be brought in and
treat it as an armed insurrection. I did see some of the rioters with arms.

Are the proud Boys a reaction to the Antifar ? If they are it would
not be a surprising reaction, but something that should be left to police.
It does seem to have gone quiet lately.
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 1 October 2020 9:12:05 PM
Bazz, the Proud Boys are clearly an organised gang with a leadership in the form of a Mr Enrique Tarrio, a chain of command, a uniform of sorts, I believe red and yellow are their colours, and travel and gather in groups. They have a structure and rules, eg white males only, no women members etc. So they are clearly and identifiable group within American society.

Antifar are a collection of anti-fascists reactionary groups formed to counter the likes of the far right Proud Boys, but dating as far back as the 1920' in Europe. Antifar lack the centralised organisation of the Proud Boys, operating more or less as local autonomous groups. They are radicals who support violent direct action.

Both of these groups need to be condemned in the strongest of terms by the moderate political leadership. Proud Boys and others of the radical far right form part of Trumps supporter base, people he can ill afford to alienate, as they basically support the system and do vote (for Trump). The radical right may be small in actual number, but their actions of violence and disruption does influence the waverers and fence sitters when it comes to voting. Biden can condemn both groups, one do vote, and influence votes, but don't support him, the other are out and out lunatics who don't vote anyway, and have no positive influence on voting. ITs all very tricky for both sides of politics.

The pics of looters and burners, these are most likely non-political thugs and criminals taking advantage of a very volatile situation.

BTW, Trump claimed not to know who the Proud Boys were, it was another of his out and out lies. He certainly does know, and sees them as a positive for his re-election if he plays them right.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 2 October 2020 7:06:21 AM
Because the American public are becoming polarised and the anger of the Left against Trump is unhinged, if Trump wins this Election there will be Civil war. They will not accept another four years of trying to impeach Trump on any charges they can't find. Antifa and the Communist Left who are trying to use race politics to change the American Constitution's first and second amendments. To stop freedom of speech and disarm civilian society.

The policy of Joe Biden as introduced by Obama and repealed by Trump is to make single home families on large blocks of land with more than one car pay more tax to build high rise units in the city.

http://thefederalist.com/2020/07/31/democrats-policies-are-unfit-for-the-presidency/
Posted by Josephus, Friday, 2 October 2020 7:26:41 AM
Hi Paul,

Yes, you're right - there are neo-fascist groups on both sides of the dispute over the future of the US. And probably each side sends in agents provocateurs in amongst the other side to incite even more violence - basically, against all social norms, including norms that the left should be supporting: equality, justice and truth.

You may have heard from your dad about the machinations of both the neo-fascist right and the Trotskyite-anarchist 'left' (in fact, the entire CPA) during the thirties, who used to indirectly co-operate to attack the Labor Party and presumably the Langites at their rallies.

Gramsci was close to the anarchists in Italy, after it seemed as if the working-class had gone over to Mussolini, and thus had betrayed their historic class role. So he wrote about the need for the total destruction of bourgeois (i.e. Western, Enlightenment) institutions, his 'march through the institutions' which, for many on the more half-baked 'left' meant smash all of the foundations of modern society and, somehow, in that idiotic Utopian way, 'start again from scratch'.

So Gramscianism, which has helped to spawn post-modernism and all of its banal idiocies, is an unintended gift, eventually, to the extreme right.

No doubt, you have been thinking along the same lines :)

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Friday, 2 October 2020 11:15:30 AM
"Citing security, Texas governor limits counties to one spot each for in-person ballot drop-offs.

http://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/10/01/us/trump-vs-biden?campaign_id=60&emc=edit_na_20201001&instance_id=0&nl=breaking-news&ref=cta&regi_id=127104467&segment_id=39607&user_id=35fd54d942ac9b9e288ef933afd6d6f5#citing-security-texas-governor-limits-counties-to-one-spot-each-for-in-person-ballot-drop-offs

"Gov. Greg Abbott of Texas issued a proclamation on Thursday ordering counties to offer only one location for voters to drop off mail-in ballots in person.

"Several counties — including the state’s two largest, Harris County (which includes Houston) and Dallas County — had opened satellite drop-off locations in addition to their central election offices. Those satellite locations must close as of Friday.

"The state’s decision to reduce options for voters to drop off their ballots comes as questions of voting rights, voter suppression and the integrity of the election have emerged as major issues in the 2020 campaign, and it follows disputes over drop boxes in other states, including Ohio and Pennsylvania.

"Courts are examining an order by the Ohio secretary of state which, like Mr. Abbott’s, would allow only one drop-off spot per county. In Pennsylvania, Republicans sought to ban drop boxes entirely, but a court rejected their challenge.

"In announcing the change in Texas, Mr. Abbott described it as necessary for security. His spokesman did not immediately respond to a request for comment Thursday afternoon about why the governor considered the satellite drop-offs insecure.

' “The state of Texas has a duty to voters to maintain the integrity of our elections,” Mr. Abbott said in a statement accompanying his proclamation. “As we work to preserve Texans’ ability to vote during the Covid-19 pandemic, we must take extra care to strengthen ballot security protocols throughout the state. These enhanced security protocols will ensure greater transparency and will help stop attempts at illegal voting.”

There is no evidence that mail-in ballots lead to widespread fraud...."

Limiting drop-off points to one-per-county, and voting ends today. The enemies of democracy are incredibly inventive, aren't they ?

So why can't postal votes be posted in to central, secure locations ?

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Friday, 2 October 2020 11:31:21 AM
Pauliar,

From what I read the Proud boys is a reaction to the violent neo-fascist organisation Antifa.

Considering that the only violence that the PBs have been involved in has been initiated by Antifa (who were largely responsible for much of the violence in the BLM protests) Antifa is still by far the greatest threat.
Posted by shadowminister, Friday, 2 October 2020 11:35:10 AM
From Ronald McDonalds post;
You heard it here first: Donald Trump will call in “sick” to the
presidential candidates’ debate on Thursday, October 22, and within
days the Republican Party will be obliged to replace him with Daffy Duck.
Enough said for now. Wait for it….

Ronald McDonald is frymaster of many cooking disasters, the master of the one liner "any fries with that order!"

I can see why this might happen. I saw him the other day and it
was embarrassing to watch. It would be cruel to push him into a full on political campaign.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 2 October 2020 1:29:15 PM
Hi Joe,

I do believe The Donald's mate, President Al Luckyhumper of Belarus has offered to count the votes for Donald on the big night. Al is very experienced in vote counting at elections, counted one recently back home for himself. Donald's other good mate Bob The Muga from Zimbabwe has also offered to pitch in to ensure there no undue problems for Donald with the result.

Do you recall that great pillar of democracy back in the 70's, Papa Doc of Haiti, probely the greatest defender of freedom the world has ever known, with the possible exception of his son Baby Doc, who carried on the fine traditions of freedom and democracy of his good old dad. It goes without saying The Donald supersedes both Papa and Baby on the score of freedom and democracy, but that's another jhn dory.

One day Papa Doc, being the democratic fella he was, decided to hold an election for President. There were only two candidates Papa of course and the "opposition" candidate, his dear brother-in-law. The vote took place, the ballots were taken to the presidential palace for counting that night. Next morning Papa declared the election as 6,192,427 votes for himself, and none votes for the "opposition" candidate. A reporter then asked; "How did you get 6 million votes Mr President when the entire population of Haiti is only 4 million, and the other fella got none? Papa replied rather calmly; "Quite simple, my dear chap, it was impossible to stop the people from voting over and over for me, they love me so much, and even the "opposition" candidate realised I was the only choice for President, and voted for me. Expect a declaration from the White House, the morning of Nov 4 after Donald Al and Bob have counted the votes.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 2 October 2020 4:09:10 PM
Hmmmm ...... this thread has gone awful quiet over the past couple of days. Anybody want to take bets on who will be the last man standing ?

Only 31 days to go (our time).

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Sunday, 4 October 2020 5:18:48 PM
Hi Joe,

You do recall Papa Doc, something The Donald might have said; "No one has done more for democracy than me, with the possible exception of Papa Doc of Haiti."

Yep! It was all going to plan, The Donald had lined up Old Joe in his sights, about to give him both barrels, point blank range, delving that coup de grace, dispatching Old Joe to the Never Never Land. Oh the joy for the Trumpets, what a great day to be on the winner. Donald pulls both triggers! Oh no, there a cock up! Donald has the gun pointed in the wrong direction!

Where is the Forums band of Trumpets? They've gone completely silent. Jose', runner, cheeful, CM, ttbn, Hassy, Indy, mhaze, Bazz, shonkminister, a real brass band.

Joe, we've lost Trumps Brass Band! Did their Pied Piper lead em' off a cliff or something? Looks like it.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 4 October 2020 6:50:11 PM
Paul,

You mention cliffs. Trumpf has said a few times that, if the health system didn't carry out testing, there would be no Covid cases. So no deaths. Ergo, no testing, no deaths.

Donald Duck and Wiley E. Coyote have run off this cliff many times: but as long as they don't look down and keep pedalling, they won't fall. As soon as they do - pphhht ! Puff of dust half a mile down.

So as long as Trumpf's entourage doesn't look down, they'll be okay. Who needs science ? Pah !

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Monday, 5 October 2020 9:02:48 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy