The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > How do we make the world a more peaceful place?

How do we make the world a more peaceful place?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. 18
  13. ...
  14. 21
  15. 22
  16. 23
  17. All
How can we attain peace in the toilet paper aisles of supermarkets, as the Victorians re-introduce the China virus.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 27 June 2020 9:50:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mhaze,

"The real indicator to watch is deaths per day and that's been trending for the last two months. Which is of course not what you want to hear, therefore you ignore it."

Now that the number of cases is rising rapidly, I fear that the number of deaths will also spike, maybe in two or three weeks. So I'm afraid your words will come back to haunt you :(

As for more testing finding more cases, are you suggesting that if there was NO testing, there would be NO cases ? And that 'therefore', eventually no deaths ?

So, like a fairly slow three-year-old, or Trumpf, if we cover our eyes, we won't see any evil, and that therefore, it won't be happening ? I'd suggest that you don't go out and play in the traffic with your eyes closed, Mhaze.

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Saturday, 27 June 2020 12:06:30 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
COVID-19 is merely doing a better job than our wars at saving the Planet !
Posted by individual, Saturday, 27 June 2020 12:19:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Individual,

When we look back on this period of history in a couple of years, your comment may well be seen as somewhat psychotic and pathological: that we can sit back and contemplate the deaths of many people as if it was a Good Thing.

No, it's not. Even if you were to die from the virus tomorrow, not many of us here would consider that to be 'a Good Thing'. Except maybe the people on OLO who think as you do.

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Saturday, 27 June 2020 12:24:30 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
USA Today tells us that the virus appears to be spreading
across the West and South. Arizona reported over 3,100 new
infectious, just short of Friday's record and 26 deaths.
Nevada also reported a new high of 445 cases.

And guess why folks. We'll we've been told here its a
result of more testing.

So the obvious answer is of course - don't test.
No testing - no new cases. Right?

What a Trumpian thought and solution! Problem solved!
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 27 June 2020 4:28:36 PM
LM (and Foxy)

"As for more testing finding more cases, are you suggesting that if there was NO testing, there would be NO cases ? And that 'therefore', eventually no deaths ?"

Well no, that's not even close to what I'm suggesting. If you don't mind why don't you let me construct my own views rather than you do it for me - they'll make more sense that way.

The cases are there. I posted a day or so ago that the CDC thinks the number of cases is 10 times more than they previously thought. I correctly predicted that you guys would ignore that.

So the cases are there. If you increase testing, you'll find more of them. More testing doesn't create more cases, just as less testing don't cause less cases. It simply improves understanding.

But you think finding more cases means there are more cases. A simple failure of logic.

Something else for you to ignore..."Ongoing outbreaks of COVID-19 in Arizona, California, Florida and Texas are "significant," but the younger average age of confirmed cases in these states might mean the "consequences" will be less severe, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention officials said Thursday."
Posted by mhaze, Saturday, 27 June 2020 4:51:20 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. 18