The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Corona virus changes

Corona virus changes

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
The experts are predicting a big swing to internet use for consumer buying, as a result of the virus emergency. For me at least, I think I will be doing less net buying.

My lady, a bad asthmatic, has been keen to have groceries delivered, but this mornings delivery will be the last. 3 items canceled & refunded, out of stock, but available when ordered, 2 items simply missing, 3 substitutions, & fruit I will be throwing out untouched is too much for me. I'll take my chances at the super market & pick my own stuff.

Deliveries of items ordered from Ozzie companies I have long used have become much slower & less reliable. Orders have been canceled, with refunds made, but no notification of this to me. Delivery times have stretched from days to weeks. Yes I know the Post office & some couriers are struggling, & I am prepared to help by not using them in future.

With overseas suppliers delivery times have stretched from 2 or 3 weeks to 3 months & still not arrived. This opportunity for companies to expand their internet business has found them wanting. They have blown their chance, & in fact, I will do less internet purchasing in future than previously.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 16 June 2020 11:09:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The decision is yours.
Posted by Riely, Wednesday, 17 June 2020 9:31:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You're a hard man to please Phil.

Don't worry, things will be a lot different once we start filling up the country with millions of cashed up Chinese.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Wednesday, 17 June 2020 9:53:54 AM
Hasbeen,

I wouldn't take much notice of what the "experts" predict, after they were so wrong about their China virus predictions and their continuing stupidity on climate change. I tend to agree with you on online shopping. Bear in mind all the hogwash we continually hear from these backroom experts. The end of cash. Reducing interest rates, sure that economic activity will increase, when even the instigator of that nonsense, the RBA Governor, now admits has not happened. I reckon if we expect the very opposite of what the halfwits in Canberra and their "experts" predict, we will be safe.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 17 June 2020 10:43:02 AM
Hi Hassy,

Never tried the online grocery shop, and I can see the problems. My wife is a bit of a shopper on line. There are a few traps for young players.

1. The cost, is it in $US then converted to $A, big difference.
2. Delivery charges what was cheap, suddenly doubled in price.
3. Pick-up problems, your time, not home, card left, agent 20km round trip.
4. Return policy, some free, some your cost, O/S very expensive.
5. Warranty probs, parts missing, wrong item, etc.

BUT there is always my daughter-in-law. They had an overgrown aloe vera plant, some plastic pots and a bag of potting mix. She pots up 5 aloes, put them up on 'Gumtree' free ads. $5 pick-up, sold the 5 in a morning. My wife has bought several household items cheap on 'Marketplace', my niece sells on the same site.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 17 June 2020 11:59:23 AM
Interesting subject.

We have increased our purchase of products online, mostly because they are a lot cheaper.

In addition, there a lot of products you would not see in local shops.

Sad for local retail, but here to stay i think.

The smart retailers will adapt, nbut there could be severe retail job implications.

As for food, I will never order online if i have the choice.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Wednesday, 17 June 2020 12:15:50 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy