The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is The United States About To Implode?

Is The United States About To Implode?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 59
  10. 60
  11. 61
  12. All
From what I've seen on the TV news coverage
the looters are a mixed bag. I saw African-Americans,
Hispanics, and many white people. There was a close-up
of one white man bragging that all the furniture in
his apartment he had looted.

If you ever get to see films of the past riots in the
US - it's always been a mixed bag of people with
possibly the exception of the Watts riots which were in
a black area made up of predominantly African-Americans.

Strange though that you never see Asian people rioting.
What stood out the most in this recent spat of riots
in the films - which happened all over the country was
the presence of young white women roughly in their
early twenties. And opposing them were lines of black
and white police officers. They showed close-ups of their
faces on the screens.

In my opinion the riots appeared to be purely criminal
acts of looting - not protests. These people seemed intent
to thrash, steal, and destroy.

As far as President Trump is concerned - things are dire
in the US at the moment. The President's mode of operation
is covered by - "First you loot, then we shoot, then we
bring out the dogs."

Sad state of affairs indeed
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 1 June 2020 11:05:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Maybe the US should follow Australia and sign up to China's Belt and Road Initiative.

They can even have Andrew Forrest as part of the deal.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 1 June 2020 11:11:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
why has it not changed for black people?
Aidan,
I think the whole World would like to know that ! Perhaps it's got something to do with bleating victim being easier than exercising some personal responsibility & discipline ?
Yes, the Whites have exploited since time immemorial as has any other race whenever the opportunity arose. As a matter of fact many African & Asian Nations are under the thumb of their own people & I'm talking about 2020 not two hundred years ago !
Just look at the Slave trade, the Whites adapted to it after they witnessed it's practice in Africa !
One hardly ever hears of White & Asian girls being traded as Slaves and, yes in 2020. Every now & then we hear of some poor Thai or Philipino girls shocking treatments in some Arab nation but that's as far as it all goes about protecting them.
The sensible & sane mentality Blacks are found among the best of people anywhere. It's the Leftist indoctrinated basic mutts of any race that can't exercise self-control !
We have such Rent-a-Crowds here too !
Posted by individual, Monday, 1 June 2020 11:13:23 AM
Aidan,
My information is based in American News reports. The United States would designate Antifa, which is short for anti-fascists, as a terrorist organization, and Attorney General William Barr singled out the group in a statement denouncing the violence as domestic terrorism, announcing federal law enforcement would use its network of Joint Terrorism Task Forces to apprehend and charge those taking part in the violent confrontations.
Posted by Josephus, Monday, 1 June 2020 11:14:12 AM
Mr Opinion,

do you think OLO readers will ever tire of your humour about world events?

Do you honestly think free minded people are going to lie down and take it up the ... from China.

Get serious.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Monday, 1 June 2020 11:18:04 AM
Chris,

Someone has to poke fun at the bad guys. If it's not me it will be someone else like Ricky Gervais or Dave Chapelle. So who do you prefer? Me, Ricky or Dave?

Actually there are some like Foxy, Phil, LOUDmouth, etc., who don't think I'm being funny at all. Foxy has me already booked into a psychiatric clinic forever! And Phil simply refuses to pass onto the Afterlife unless I promise to go first.

You can't please everyone Chris.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 1 June 2020 11:37:06 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 59
  10. 60
  11. 61
  12. All