The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is Acquiescence The Most Noticeable Trait of Australians?

Is Acquiescence The Most Noticeable Trait of Australians?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Dear Paul,

«You didn't elaborate, "illegal" that includes a lot of crimes, murder for one, "instructions of their superiors", yes open to a lot of possibilities as well. Not sure what country you come from, where such things might be somewhat different.»

I can assure you that I never suggested to anyone that they should murder or do anything that could hurt others. It is fine when someone does not want to do something because they do not like it, but there are too many examples where Australians go by the book and falsely claim that they CANNOT do otherwise... as if they are bound by a magic spell.

I will give you one: I went to a "private" medical laboratory and asked them to test a sample of mine. I actually phoned them first and asked whether they do PRIVATE tests and they answered 'Yes', but when I came with the sample they said that they "cannot" do the test without a doctor's prescription. I told them that I am happy to pay for it, even $1000, but they still refused.

BTW, I could get this test in other countries, no doctors involved and with same-day results for around $40.

Call this "resourceful and willing"?
Posted by Yuyutsu, Sunday, 17 May 2020 2:56:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Runner,

Back in President Truman's day, he had a sign on his desk saying "The Buck Stops Here."

So I wonder if one of the signs on Trumpf's desk reads, "None of This is My Fault, So There's Nothing I Should Be Doing." And another one says, "I the SUPREME LEADER, I more important than governors, so it all their fault."

So, Runner, we're coming up towards a hundred thousand deaths, a hundred thousand Americans dying. That may mean nothing much to you, in your Trumpf Adoration Syndrome. But to me, it means a hundred thousand innocent human beings, a hundred thousand of my fellow men and women. And how many more in the coming months with a second wave far bigger than the first ?

So how many more, Runner ? Or will the virus 'go away', become nothing more than a bad flu, and by next Easter ? Maybe just rubbing one's chest with Vick's might do it.

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Sunday, 17 May 2020 3:22:37 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No mention of Cuomo Joe? Thought not. It seems to me you are attributing divine power of life and death to Trump not me. One day you may return to being rational again. The 100000 dead caused by the Chinese and helped along by Cuomo is still small stuff compared with the massacred unborn babies each year. So save your fake outrage.
Posted by runner, Sunday, 17 May 2020 5:05:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think Australians do have a sense of docility, in part, due to the fact that Australian's themselves have never really had good reason not to be.

However, I would think we are less so than China, and not just because we don't have a Communist dictatorship, but I think it is less in our nature. There is after all a reason why such dictatorships have lasted so long in Asia, where they have fallen in the West.
Posted by Assembly Line Human, Sunday, 17 May 2020 7:10:16 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I wonder if those who complain that we have rolled over too easily with regard to government regulations and restrictions, would not be the first to complain and expect immediate free medical assistance in a much wider spread of infection, at the same time shouting that the government "should have done more" Perhaps after all, the majority are more intelligent and can see the ramifications more clearly than some.
Posted by snake, Monday, 18 May 2020 8:11:29 AM
Snake,

I am not complaining; I am observing. I would not complain, and the last people who I would ask for assistance would be the government, which stuffs up everything it touches. You might see yourself as belonging to the “more intelligent majority”, but there is no indication that there is a majority thinking the same way as you do, because the majority never says anything about anything; they are generally silent. You disagree with the proposition, and that’s fine. But you can’t decide what the majority thinks; none of us can.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 18 May 2020 9:56:26 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy