The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is Acquiescence The Most Noticeable Trait of Australians?

Is Acquiescence The Most Noticeable Trait of Australians?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
Americas been ravaged by COVID-19, they're in pole position.
Their statistics right now:

1,577,578 confirmed cases with 94,729 deaths.

Australia is way back in position 57
We have 7095 confirmed cases with 101 deaths.

I did not acquiesce or roll over.
I chose to follow the guidelines because it was sensible.

In public my attitude was this:
'stay the hell away from me',
'don't cough' or 'breathe at me'
'Don't bring your missus and kids in shopping unnecessarily, yelling and screaming and touching everything';
'and don't force me to open my mouth for the sake of niceties'.
- 'I just want to get in and out as quickly as I can and stay as far as I can away from ALL OF YOU'.

So, the last thing I would've done is go out and protest with all the other useful idiots who were playing chicken with catching COVID-19 and screaming that their freedom and liberty was being infringed.

Good job spreading it - Just stay home, simple.
- If you've got any brains.

You can stand up for freedom and liberty another day.
- When there's no stupid virus.

The sensible people will flee the crisis and come back to fight another day.
The idiots were out against sensible advice and they were the reason laws had to be introduced.
They made their own problems worse.

I know the US constitution and Bill of Rights is what many US citizens live by.
They were in a no-win situation this time.
Damned if they did, and damned if they don't.

And now where are we?
We got freedom and liberties back, whist their nation is completely stuffed.
How many in NYC lay dead and uncounted in their beds?

I didn't roll over, I simply accepted taking the sensible precautions for no other reason than it was actually sensible.

If I could've gotten away further from the city I would've.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 22 May 2020 10:16:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
At some stage something has to break.
Canem Malum,
Yes, leftist idealism will break spectacularly, soon ! In ten years from now President Ivanka Trump will finally get peoples' support & common sense will make a comeback !
Posted by individual, Saturday, 23 May 2020 10:48:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I know several 4-house couples in both private enterprise & Public service. What I found was that neither of them are prepared to take the risk of Capitalism but rather stay safely on the wage/salary side of employment & milking the show to the last drop by widening every possible loophole.
They can do it because Govt lets them do it but it should not be permitted in my view !
It's a huge hole in our Tax system & it causes the greedy to gain & the decent to lose !
Our tax system is definitely not Nation-building !
Posted by Olever90, Tuesday, 2 June 2020 9:53:15 PM
Come on people. Australia is renowned worldwide as a land of rugged individualists, and admired everywhere for the way it's citizens refuse to be pushed around.
As the nanniest of nanny states we have no equal!
Oh...hang on. Back in a minute. Ahem.
Posted by Jezz Oldman, Sunday, 7 June 2020 9:13:05 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy