The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > More studies show up the global warming scam.

More studies show up the global warming scam.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All
If you fetishise CO2, then planting trees is a perfectly acceptable way to somewhat reduce the level of that gas in the atmosphere. Even those who know that slightly increased CO2 levels are a passing concern can appreciate the greening of the immediate environs and, perhaps, even the lower temperatures.

And its clear that the gaseous fertiliser is indeed greening the planet and that the great deforestation scare was just that - a scare. Already we see places like Australia experiencing an increase in forest cover although I've not come across anything that would suggest a doubling from pre-modern times.

I did see figures showing that the USA has about 40% more forest cover now as compared to pre-Colombian times, but that was mainly due to the spectacular reductions in the buffalo herds which allowed the forests to expand.

Hasbeen will need to be more careful in his selection of papers to reference. He doesn't realise that, to some here, perfectly valid papers become retrospectively erroneous the moment they are mentioned by Pierre Gosselin. Of coarse, those people hilariously think that's called 'following the science'.

When more than half the purported increase in the temperatures is due to retrospective record adjustments, any field of endeavour not as corrupt as climate science would question that data. But so long as the adjustments yield the required results, that seems Ay-OK to those same 'followers of the science'.
Posted by mhaze, Saturday, 9 May 2020 2:52:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear mhaze,

Good to see you resurface after your Corona virus debacle.

You say; "When more than half the purported increase in the temperatures is due to retrospective record adjustments"

Rubbish.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Saturday, 9 May 2020 6:15:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SteeleRedux,

I wouldn't rush to see the post-Wuhan virus mhaze yet. Haven't you been watching 'Walking Dead' on TV?
Posted by Mr Opinion, Saturday, 9 May 2020 7:42:35 PM
SteeleRedux.

Is my information willfully ignorant, or is it that I'm just paying attention to where the information is coming from.

Look it up yourself and tell me if you find data of tempatures that are outside urbinzed areas. And see if that data is accurate or if there are issues with the equipment for recording tempature data in remote areas. You'll see the issue I've found. The big data that leads to rising tempatures are all in or around urban city areas, that would be affected by the island heat effect that they are recognizing are the same as the tempatures of surrounding areas.

As for who's argument is correct for why climate change has turn into a BS in bull crap. consider this, if you lie once you have to cover your tracks with another lie or the truth that the first lie was a lie would be discovered. If Hasbeen's observations of doctored information is correct, then that supports that they lie to uphold the ongoing con of running climate panic emergencies for their doctral theists, or for their pride and not being found out that their life's work is a fraud. Have you seen academics argue with eachother on competing theories? There is a pride issue, as well as the income issue and losing their grants and their reasurch
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Sunday, 10 May 2020 1:49:56 AM
Dear NNS,

With respect young chap you have completely dodged the question.

"Is adjusting the raw temperature data to account for the heat island effect acceptable or not?"
Posted by SteeleRedux, Sunday, 10 May 2020 8:53:32 AM
SR wrote: "Rubbish".

You know, SR, when you write such fact-laden essays, assembling all manner of incontrovertible data such as this, its impossible for me to argue against.

There's nothing like a carefully researched, factual takedown.

And that was nothing like a carefully researched, factual takedown!

Or is it just standard SR...I don't want that to be true, therefore it isn't.

Hasbeen,

I too am a great fan of Grevillea Robusta. I have a copse of them along a rear fence-line which is watered by the treated overflow from our envirocycle septic system. I'm a little envious that you have them self-seeding....its not warm enough here to get that but I have become rather adept at propagation.

The best part is that all manner of 'honey-eaters' adore the Robusta flowers and parrots, especially migratory black cockatoos, feast on the abundant seed.

I'm not sure how much CO2 they absorb, but its something
Posted by mhaze, Sunday, 10 May 2020 9:09:10 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy