The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > How Bad Must China Get Before Australian Politicians Wake Up

How Bad Must China Get Before Australian Politicians Wake Up

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. 19
  9. Page 20
  10. 21
  11. 22
  12. All
yes, but china still able to utilise cheap labour with minimum wage still, as of Jan. 2020,

$US3.16 per hour in Shanghai and $US2.91 in Shenzhen.

it has a huge labour pool to draw upon, and still exploits workers.

Good luck to China, but what about our difficulties which should not be offset by its rise and rise, which i feel is a step back for humanity.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Sunday, 19 April 2020 8:47:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Chris Lewis,

Sounds like a great idea but Australia has become fixated on being a primary producer supplying raw materials to manufacturing areas overseas. A result of globalisation and free trade agreements that have dramatically shaped the global civilisation over the past 30 years. We have basically sold off our industrial infrastructure so it would have to be a quantum leap to industrialise and be effective at it.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Sunday, 19 April 2020 8:55:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
yes it would, but incremental change can lead to a trend of change over time.

Change never happens overnight, but the first thing needed is for a society to demand change and ask our leaders to wake from their slumber and abandon short term self interested aims.

While I understand why Australia adopted its policy choices from the 1980s, they always took the easy option.

the reliance on the east producing and the west consuming is increasingly unviable.

i suggested this long ago when i noted that the US would take on China ten years ago
Posted by Chris Lewis, Sunday, 19 April 2020 9:12:38 AM
WTF, Payne will not answer questions about China on Insiders.

Some of these liberal politicians are jellybacks in not calling out China.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Sunday, 19 April 2020 9:34:43 AM
So its not 'Lee Harvey Fishmonger' from the Wuhan Seafood Market anymore.
- That means that Frydenberg whinging about the wet markets is left looking like the idiot I knew he was.

The corporate media has built a new house of cards.
They now say it's 'Lee Harvey Lab-Assistant' from the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

I hope none of you lot throw good money away paying for your poor quality news.
You're being ripped off if you are.
The best the media are capable of on the big jobs is selling narrative and conjecture.
It truly isn't worth paying for.

When was the last time they got it right on a story that mattered?
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 19 April 2020 9:53:54 AM
i never rely on Australia's mainstream media. how else did we get into the mess we have now with the goons in the Australian years ago supporting the reliance on China and mining for our future.

i like what i am hearing from Greg Sheridan though on Insiders today
Posted by Chris Lewis, Sunday, 19 April 2020 10:07:48 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. 19
  9. Page 20
  10. 21
  11. 22
  12. All