The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Rotten to the core.

Rotten to the core.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Come on Cossomby, not that old nail. An equally old answer.

The stone age did not end because they ran out of stones.

Cooking on dung fires did not stop because we ran out of dung. Some poor buggers without coal fired power of course still have to use dung.

We didn't stop cooking on fuel stoves, [coal, coke or wood], because we ran out of them either.

We will develop new energy sources long before we run out of any of our current fuels. It won't be wind or solar, that is for sure. Nuclear could supply most of our needs right now if we had a sane population, & even those fools who resist it will be clamoring for it, if the lights start going out. Meanwhile give thanks for what you have inherited, & try to enjoy your life.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 3 March 2020 12:44:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
try to enjoy your life.
Hasbeen,
Does that include scuba diving on Endeavour reef today ? ;-)
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 4 March 2020 8:12:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
That should be enjoyable Individual. I've never been that far north inside the reef, I have always gone out & come back in via Fitzroy Passage, off Cairns. It gives an easier angle of sailing if heading for PNG or the Solomons.

It is over 30 years since I've been on the water up there. They have been using Hill Inlet at the northern end of Whitehaven beach on Whitsunday in the Queensland advertising again, & it stirs an old longing every time I see it.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 4 March 2020 9:16:58 PM
It looks like most of you people on The Forum OLO either live in Queensland or are from Queensland.

That answers a lot of questions.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 5 March 2020 5:37:40 AM
Hey Mr Opinion,

"It looks like most of you people on The Forum OLO either live in Queensland or are from Queensland.

That answers a lot of questions."

Yeah like what exactly ?
If you have some observations you wish to share with the rest of us go right ahead.

I've got some observations too.
- At least we haven't handed over our capital city to the Chinese like Sydney.
At least we haven't handed our capital city over to African gangs like Melbourne.
And we're the place all you southern people go to and start a new life in after you're sick of the crap down south.

You turn our nice cities, into your crap cities.
And you come up here bringing your stupid grovelling 'subservience to foreigners' attitude that your escaping from, and then try to impose it on us.

What's wrong with QLD mate?
Is it because we have Pauline Hanson?
The question is why don't your states have any Pauline Hanson's?
That's because your states already well and truly sold out.
Your states are already owned by foreigners.

You walk around Sydney and you see a sad and broken people whose city doesn't belong to them anymore, and the housing there doesn't look like it's improved since the 80's
Havent the people in western Sydney ever heard of render?
You cities an ugly dump full of foreigners where everyone's building granny flats in their back yards.

But as a Uni student, I'm sure you see things differently to me.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 5 March 2020 6:10:28 AM
Dear Armchair Critic,

I don't mind you having a swing if someone disses your state but facts do matter.

Both Victoria and Queensland both have had net increases in interstate migration coming to them for each of the last 10 years.

To be fair this is in good part because NSW is the first port of call for many immigrants.

However Queensland has more people bolting out the door than Victoria by a sizable margin, either absolute numbers or by percentage.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Thursday, 5 March 2020 1:30:36 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy