The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Rotten to the core.

Rotten to the core.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Hasbeen, Peter Ridd did not expose 'corrupt science".

"He has published an article in the journal Marine Pollution Bulletin calling for greater quality control processes in reef science — using examples from nine key reef studies.

The article has been rebutted, also in Marine Pollution Bulletin, by a group of reef scientists arguing the piece "demonstrated biases, misinterpretation and selective use of data" as well as failing to acknowledge many of the claims had already been addressed within the scientific literature.

Dr Brodie was an author on one of the studies criticised, and said Dr Ridd cherry-picked papers.

"He picked quite old studies, and I've alone published 50 to 60 papers since then on the same areas, none of which he cited," Dr Brodie said." http://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2019-04-23/peter-ridd-reef-science-climate-change/11026540.

Note: he attacked the research by cherry-picking old problems that had been recognised and corrected. This is how good science works: new research correcting earlier inadequate work, including increased quality control. For Ridd to cherry-pick just the old work and not consider the corrections and better procedures was not "exposing corrupt science". The kindest comment is that it reflects poorly on Ridd's understanding of how science works. I'll leave readers to consider what other reasons/motives he may have had.

The university did handle the situation badly, but Ridd's unfair dismissal claim was upheld in court because of the failure of university procedure not because of his views on climate science.

Ridd has subsequently been on anti-climate change speaking tours http://www.thesaturdaypaper.com.au/news/environment/2019/11/23/peter-ridd-and-the-climate-sceptics/15744276009129.

Why aren't you criticising him for making money out of climate change through these tours? By the way, academics don't personally get any money from grants; it goes into research expenses: field costs (travel, accommodation, food, petrol, boat charter), lab analyses, and possibly salaries for technical staff. Do you think Ridd uses his speaker's fees for research?
Posted by Cossomby, Monday, 2 March 2020 10:03:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Diver Dan,

Aren't you being rather arrogant in claiming the higher moral ground for the "uneducated" because their experience of "real-life" is so beautifully levelling? Isn't it (ironically) arrogant to claim to be humbler, and so much worthier, than the "educated"?

See "The Four Yorkshiremen". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAdlkunflRs.
Posted by Cossomby, Monday, 2 March 2020 10:14:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Cossomby I happen to be an ex fighter pilot, with many carrier landings, so know a bit about pilot training. I also have a couple of years aerodynamics, & meteorology in there as well. How much do you have?

Then about 3 years ago I started to doubt the global warming scam was a fact, so spent 3 months getting my math back up to where I could follow the theory, & understand the formula involved in the theory. Once you do that the whole thing totally falls apart.

This showed me that many academics, I would previously have trusted to tell the truth were just a little worse than used car salesmen, when it came to helping with their lies to improve university cash flows.

If you are fool enough to believe the scam, go for it, I can't help those who are too silly to look at the facts. My lady refuses to look at the facts, because like many she can't stand the thought that those she holds in high esteem could be lying to us so totally.

Unless you are a gravy train rider, I suggest you try to understand the theory, rather than be both made a fool of, & accept the lies of those you believe are your betters. They aren't.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 2 March 2020 10:35:30 AM
Has been, I have read papers that Global warming is a normal historical event, and those that believe by closing down coal fired power stations that cause the Green House gasses will reverse that warming; and make the Earth Climate stable. This is the Hoax that Governments want you to believe: that we can stop the Climate from changing.
Posted by Josephus, Monday, 2 March 2020 12:00:37 PM
Dear Hasbeen,

You write;

"so spent 3 months getting my math back up to where I could follow the theory, & understand the formula involved in the theory. Once you do that the whole thing totally falls apart."

Yet you have never spelled out what that math entailed. How about you do it now.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 2 March 2020 1:03:03 PM
The history of the earth was rewritten by pseudo scientist with the evolution hoax. Now climate history is being erased, fiddled with and rewritten by pseudo scientist. The word UNPRECENTED is just one of the misleading and lying terms being used. These soothsayers are nothing but deceivers or completely bereft of any integrity.
Posted by runner, Monday, 2 March 2020 1:46:58 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy