The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Maybe She'll Not Be Right, Mate.

Maybe She'll Not Be Right, Mate.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. All
Dear Armchair Critic,

Actually i wasn't thinking of ALTRAV when making the comment, I don't bother reading his stuff anymore and haven't for a while. It was more the Hasbeens and Shadow Ministers who have swallowed the playbook.

There are even Liberal senators protesting the use of right-wing in the threat assessments from ASIO.

"Liberal senator tells Asio chief his use of term ‘rightwing’ can offend conservatives"
http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/mar/02/liberal-senator-tells-asio-chief-his-use-of-term-rightwing-can-offend-conservatives

What a bunch of craven PC snowflakes they really are.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 2 March 2020 10:53:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
AC, unlike SR, you display a certain amount of maturity and pragmatism, and not prone to emotional, subjective, ideological dogma or beliefs.
The fact that SR admits he doesn't read me anymore, demonstrates a petulant, childlike and emotional, irrational mindset.
So it is with some satisfaction that another of the irrelevant club abstains from commenting leaving more room for everyone else, and open for a more mature and engaging discussion/debate.
Posted by ALTRAV, Monday, 2 March 2020 11:42:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen,
There's no need to resort to "pretend make work" jobs - there's no shortage of things that we'd benefit from having done, that are currently not getting done due to lack of funding.

But creating the conditions & environment that enables private business to create jobs was a large part of what I meant.
The government running industry was not.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

ALTRAV,
It's a pity you don't want to continue this discussion. But there are a few points you should consider even if you don't want to discuss them:

• When productivity improves, why should workers be excluded from the benefit of that?

• You seem to have very different standards of success and failure than most people do. Is there any objectivity to them?

• Just because you're blind to the difference doesn't mean actions and circumstances are the same.
Posted by Aidan, Wednesday, 11 March 2020 1:22:20 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy