The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is Bettina Arndt a Fit and Proper Person?

Is Bettina Arndt a Fit and Proper Person?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. 18
  13. ...
  14. 24
  15. 25
  16. 26
  17. All
From Bettina Arndt herself.

Everyone's got a victim story - so here's mine.
I’ve just made a video about a strange little story, an interesting side-show to the nasty bombardment I am receiving in the press. The main accusation against me from Victoria Attorney General Jill Hennessy, Rosie Batty and numerous media commentators, is that my views are an insult to victims of sexual abuse.
That’s pretty funny really because that’s exactly what I am – a victim of sexual abuse. Fifty years ago, as a nineteen-year old university student, I was one of many victims of a Canberra doctor who fiddled with me in his surgery and was eventually charged with molesting his patients.
I’ve never chosen to see myself as a victim, but I have had enough of people like Hennessy telling us how we are allowed to talk about such experiences. In 1997 I wrote a long newspaper article in the SMH talking about what that doctor did to me, outlining the complexities of his case, why a judge and then the full court determined he should not be charged, and how I felt about that. Please read the whole article which I have put up on my website.
Now selected quotes from that article are being used as part of the endless media pile-on, as feminists react to news of my Honours award. The usual suspects, particularly Nina Funnell, have spent the past fortnight dishing out dirt about me. The story of the Canberra doctor is classic of their tactics – picking unrelated phrases from my writing to try and show me in the worst possible light. Have a look at my new video and you will see this latest example of this malicious campaign against me.
Cont
Posted by Josephus, Sunday, 9 February 2020 5:57:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It’s shocking that “our” ABC, the public broadcaster, has chosen to be a vehicle for Funnell and her mob’s attempts to silence me. Yesterday the ABC online ran with her favourite “pedo” smear story as their top news story all day and it was included in the ABC television news last night. I have given many interviews explaining that I chose to interview the former teacher, Bester, when a judge spoke out against the vigilante campaign being run against him after he served his time in prison. Read more on my website.
Blatant untruths are being told in the media stories being circulated about the Bester video. It’s a pity our captured media doesn’t do their homework and check on the facts regarding this complex court case.
Now that legal complications regarding the identity of the victim have been sorted out, I am releasing that video again. You can watch it though my website and judge it for yourself.
Many people have been contacting me asking what they can do about the smear campaign. A kind supporter from Israel has put together a simple one click link you can use to report Funnell’s unfair, unbalanced reporting to the Press Council. That's on my website too, along with another one he prepared for the health regulators AHPRA about the beat-up over my qualifications. Please get as many people as you can to send in both of these.
Posted by Josephus, Sunday, 9 February 2020 5:58:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Josephus, I'm on board, but I see no direct link or details about her website or any other information in your comments.
I can only assume I will have to search for these exact sites referred to in her comments.
Posted by ALTRAV, Sunday, 9 February 2020 7:42:20 PM
http://www.bettinaarndt.com.au/video/bettinas-abuse-by-a-doctor-entitles-her-to-challenge-feminist-myths-about-victims/
Posted by Josephus, Sunday, 9 February 2020 8:14:51 PM
Josephus, thanks, just sent her an email telling her to hold her ground and in fact kick some heads in.
Especially these neuters and maggots who choose to be narrow minded sheep with no perception of the fact that there is always at least one other explanation and one other outcome, but if we accept the rantings of a rabid maggot, without question, then we are committing an offence, just as serious as the person being charged and persecuted, before they even get to trial, and yes I am speaking of Cosby and Pell.
Posted by ALTRAV, Sunday, 9 February 2020 8:43:22 PM
What's that ALTRAV, have you dropped Wobble Board Rolf from your favourites list of innocent perverts? All I can say about Bill Crosby and American justice is; money talks and the guilty walk.

Josephus, had a look at the Arndt web site, its full of excuses, self promotion and vitriol for those she perceives as her detractors. There are things the woman says that I agree with, but as I said in the first instance, is she worthy of such a prestigious award as an Order of Australia, I believe not
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 10 February 2020 6:32:51 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. 18