The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Its Time, for a Federal ICAC.

Its Time, for a Federal ICAC.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 15
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. All
Is Mise,

The attendance requirement is a condition of licencing. It does not mean gun clubs should be getting taxpayers' money. Besides, the issue here is a politician handing our your money and mine to a club OF WHICH SHE IS A MEMBER, on the sly.

In all of the shooting clubs I have been in, we members worked hard to establish and maintain. That, of course, was before all the gimme, gimme nonsense that is around today, and before the government stuck its nose into everything and tried to buy votes.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 22 January 2020 11:20:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul I learnt my lesson with old Joe.

I wanted the old bugger gone, just like so many, mostly lefties & greenies, but many Libs too.

I thought the gerrymander was disgusting, but did realise it was put in place by Labor, when farm labour was a very high part of country electorates. It served Labor well for years. They only started screaming when machinery replaced labourers, & their gerrymander then worked against them.

When terry White led the Libs out of coalition, I was cheering, & pretty disappointed that old Joe held on.

Then the inevitable, & Labor got in. That is when we found out what bad crony government was like. How wasteful it could be, & just how much a lefty government could spend of our money paying off their donors. We also got a pretty good example of just how viscous they are. A good foretaste of Democrat justice in the US.

Suddenly we were much more appreciative of the great job Joe did foe Queensland.

Incidentally, just one thing, Joe was a wealthy man when he entered parliament. He was a leader for a lot longer than the lefts love Bob Hawk who was not rich when he got the top job. Isn't it interesting Joe was no where near as rich as Hawk when both retired from parliament?
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 22 January 2020 11:27:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Firstly, a Federal ICAC is needed regardless of whether it's needed for this issue.

Secondly, he really worrying thing is the lack of clear rules.

In Sports Rorts 1, Ros Kelly had to resign because she failed to follow the proper procedure and hence couldn't prove that the funding decisions weren't just porkbarreling. Now a quarter century later in Sports Rorts 2, there's much better documentation so we know for certain it's porkbarrelling, but now minister McKenzie claims there's nothing wrong with that, and the government appears to be backing her.

Why have standards slipped so much?
Posted by Aidan, Wednesday, 22 January 2020 11:28:44 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Perhaps because Ros Kelly was a school teacher playing at government, with a giant white board, & no idea.

I don't know if the lady is any better, being another lady, probably not, but she is following procedures, & is no where near as rotten as lefties with our money.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 22 January 2020 11:46:51 AM
I'm always amused that those who most favour big government that gets involved in all aspects of our life are the one's most shocked when big government acts like big government.

If government gathers funds to be redistributed as they or their supporters see fit, its inevitable that the redistribution process will be either actually corrupt or appear (to those who missed out on the largess) to be corrupt.

Don't want this to happen? Get big government out of the sugar-daddy business.
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 22 January 2020 12:37:31 PM
I don't get it. The right on here continually bang on about corrupt politicians and over reach by government but when it comes to supporting a body specifically designed to assist in keeping them check you won't have a bar of it.

The only possible conclusion is that you think it will impact your side of politics rather than the other. Well you are probably right. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't have one.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 22 January 2020 1:48:16 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 15
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. All