The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Climate Not As Hot As You Predicted? Then Hot Up The Language!

Climate Not As Hot As You Predicted? Then Hot Up The Language!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. All
Thunderbox has admitted in Spain that her childish performances have achieved nothing because emissions are still rising. The cheek of it!
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 9 December 2019 8:21:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Aidan,

The longer the rant, the less interest I take. I don't read anything you address to me. You are boring.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 9 December 2019 8:25:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Aiden, when was the Dalton minimum ?
I have recently seen information about various peaks in temperature
much more frequently than I had previously understood.
These additional ones have a period of 172 years.
Cycles on cycles, they must all add up at some time.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 9 December 2019 11:11:21 AM
Aiden, not to worry, I just looked it up. Interesting as it confirms
the very cold period in the UK when the Thames froze each winter.
The low sunspot count enables cosmic rays to enter and form more clouds
and so shade the earth and reflect more radiation back out.
Interesting, Svenmark still looks viable.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 9 December 2019 11:18:28 AM
Bazz,
>when was the Dalton minimum ?
Early 19th century, mostly. It started at the end of the 18th century and lasted about thirty years.

I don't know where you got that 172 year cycle claim from, but I doubt it's of much value. I suggest you read http://www.theguardian.com/environment/climate-consensus-97-per-cent/2018/jan/09/the-imminent-mini-ice-age-myth-is-back-and-its-still-wrong

Even the 11 year sunspot cycle, which is far more obvious and intense than longer term cycles, has a declining influence, as its effects are getting swamped by that of CO2.
Posted by Aidan, Monday, 9 December 2019 11:38:47 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Aidan,

It's easy to see you know your stuff. I read as much science as I can to support my primary interest in environmental sociology. It's fascinating when one starts to see the Big Picture.

Just be wary because Bazz, mhaze, ttbn, Hasbeen, etc (the usual suspects) are all climate witches. They're the reason we have an environmental crisis on our hands.

Actually they are a great source of information on the behaviour of AGW denialists and I have had a load of fun studying them (albeit online) as part of my research in environmental sociology.

I'm actually the one who came up with the term 'climate witch'.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 9 December 2019 7:00:27 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy