The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Foxy's respite

Foxy's respite

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. All
I noticed some asking about Foxy the other day, and then I received an email from her. Her husband has decided it is in the best interests of her health that she retire from the forum for a while. She asked me to let everyone know that it is not due to any one poster.

I gather from conversations with her over the years that she gets very hetup about conflict, but feels a duty to contribute nevertheless, which is an admirable thing, and suggests she holds the forum in high regard.

I almost never agree with her, but will miss her. And hope one day she returns.
Posted by GrahamY, Friday, 29 November 2019 12:06:16 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks GY hope she returns too, agree will a lot of things she says and wish her all the best
Posted by Belly, Friday, 29 November 2019 3:20:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear GrahamY,

Thank you for letting us know. A caring partner is always a blessing and it sounds like Foxy is in good hands.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Friday, 29 November 2019 4:05:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks Foxy for your great contributions to the forum, and thanks for the book references, been some good reads there. Come back soon.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 29 November 2019 4:29:32 PM
I sincerely hope that Foxy returns soon. I promise to be more civil !

Love,

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Friday, 29 November 2019 4:43:21 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Best wishes Foxy
Posted by runner, Friday, 29 November 2019 5:40:04 PM
I have little sympathy for those looking for victimhood status.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 29 November 2019 6:49:47 PM
Dan,

Dry up.
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 29 November 2019 6:55:40 PM
So, as expected Is Mise, you take the stand of hypocrisy. You go with that.

Me, I have no sympathy for the "other" view!

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 29 November 2019 8:00:29 PM
Hope your health gets better Foxy.
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Saturday, 30 November 2019 4:12:11 AM
Dan take it easy mate Foxy's health has not been great for years she is not looking for sympathy, but as you see most give it freely
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 30 November 2019 4:58:49 AM
I don't care Belly, one less idiot is actually good not bad, rejoice!

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Saturday, 30 November 2019 5:23:02 AM
DD If I left the forum, I know you would say nice things about me, you little cream puff you. I'm leaving on Thursday for 2 weeks, (true) will you miss me?

Love thy enemy, seems a good attitude to have. You can still kick em'in the head from time to time, but love em' all the same.

Issy won a bottle of Johnny Walker Red at the RSL last night in the members draw, see I'm a member of my local RSL. Call around we can knock it off together, maybe over a discussion about what the gunnies are up to! What ya say?
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 30 November 2019 6:06:33 AM
Many people have left OLO quietly, never to be heard from again, for reasons known only to them. Not our Drama Queen. Intense people like Foxy should never be involved in social media. She has done the right thing for herself. If a very mild branch of social media like OLO actually affects your health, you should stay out of it.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 30 November 2019 7:20:29 AM
Get well soon, Foxy.

I, for one, don't believe in kicking when people are down.
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 30 November 2019 8:48:45 AM
Foxy.
A little time and distance can often make a difference.
Take it easy.
SD
Posted by Shaggy Dog, Saturday, 30 November 2019 10:27:01 AM
Paul 14.05 Kim from Mullumbimby.

What a joke, so you pair of clowns are members of the Mullumbimby RSL club. I think your off your face!

But as I suspected, still longing for a past life in a sick sort of way!

Two suggestions, grow up and move on.

Dan.
Posted by diver dan, Saturday, 30 November 2019 11:03:47 AM
ttbn, if you were ever to say anything nasty about me on the forum I would be most upset, might even cry, hows that. Like Jake "the Muss" said "I'm a lovable chap!

Issy ya always kickn' me, but I'm never down, bounce right back is the motto!

What ever happened to ALTRAV, aka Il Duce, last post said "Once again the doyen of the Forum has spoken", and he never spoke again, must be busy polishing his fleet of Bentley's, or he's off, lost somewhere in Siberia.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 30 November 2019 11:32:31 AM
DD rest easy your highlighting some thing you should try to hide about yourself
Another insulter may do well to consider few would cry if he/she left
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 30 November 2019 12:08:41 PM
Belly.

Do you have a Phd in psychology China?

You don't have the nonx to take me on. Don't even go there!

Anyway, we are waving the white hankie to your CO aren't we? She/it/shim retired mortally wounded remember.

Maybe you should join the Mullumbimby RSL club. Ride your Harley up and acquaint youself with the couple with shrunken brains above.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Saturday, 30 November 2019 8:32:39 PM
Dan rest! if my IQ is not higher than yours I will crawl under a rock and stay there
Self confidence is often misused
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 1 December 2019 3:55:05 AM
I too would like to add my best wishes to FOXY as well. She adds greatly to the Forum with her insight and her humanity - Take care, dear Foxy.
Posted by o sung wu, Monday, 2 December 2019 8:17:58 AM
Dear diver dan,

You wrote;

"Do you have a Phd in psychology China?"

Mate, no one needs a Phd to work out you are a tosser.

Foxy rightly assumed there might be posters on here who would be concerned about her absence.

The fact that you decided to inject yourself into this thread screams a 'look at me' personality that needs to instead have a good look at themselves.

It would be really handy if you went and did your attention seeking somewhere else.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 2 December 2019 10:00:39 AM
"I almost never agree with her." GrahamY. That's nothing to be proud of.

"Intense people like Foxy should never be involved in social media." tbbn. Look in the mirror.

"She adds greatly to the Forum with her insight and her humanity." Thank you, O sung wu. Foxy's insight and humanity are what has kept me reading OLO.

Good luck Foxy, I'll miss you.
Posted by Cossomby, Monday, 2 December 2019 10:34:58 AM
Cossomby my true thanks
A difference will be seen in my posts starting about an hour ago
I have not been sure it is worth staying
Still am not
I am going to avoid threads that have posters who seem free to avoid this forums rules
And those who are just plain nasty
It, to me at least, seems my whole political and social views are a reason some get away with low blows constantly
I like the place so, will pick the place/thread I put my feet in to
And if that is not ok tell me and I will leave, this time forever
My true regards to nine tenths of this places posters
I miss Foxy and deeply respect her
Posted by Belly, Monday, 2 December 2019 12:36:33 PM
"Intense people like Foxy should never be involved in social media." tbbn. Look in the mirror.".

I wonder why I should "look in the mirror"? I'm not running away. I don't get "het up" if people disagree with me. I'm not an obsessive. I don't carry on nagging and carping as Foxy did. I don't think that it's all about me.

Some people make the most extraordinary, inexplicable comments.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 2 December 2019 1:30:37 PM
To whom it may concern.

Hello, the "bouquet bomber" is back. So terrible when the peasants revolt Hyacinth.

Belly is useful, so was Gomer Pyle.

No snobbery there!

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 2 December 2019 8:38:37 PM
I apologise for my brilliant mind.

No TV, no radio, no newspapers, only death to look forward to, no drugs no alcohol, and no RSL club. Brmmm, Brmmm. All helps!

Dan.
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 2 December 2019 8:52:37 PM
Hi Dan,

OLO Rule # 1: don't post while you're pissed :)

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Tuesday, 3 December 2019 8:40:46 AM
Dan,

Being free of alcohol and other drugs puts you well ahead of the game. I think many of the posts here are fuelled by those mind altering substances.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 3 December 2019 8:47:55 AM
Joe as usual, like the kelpy dog, running in tight circles and going nowhere!

Like the drug F* riding the noisy carnival merry go round. Bells whistles, puffs of steam, gleaming mirrors, flashing lights, all horses running circles, nostrils flared, all painted up, down, up down.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 3 December 2019 3:32:25 PM
One thing for sure is with all our diversity departments, the billions spent on appeasing white guilt, the millions of useless arts degrees we are more divided as a nation as ever before.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 3 December 2019 4:05:55 PM
Given the last post of that "brilliant mind" Diver Dan, me thinks he was high on ICE-ed Vo Vo's at the time.

One for Dan and runner, feel free to join in at anytime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZQxH_8raCI
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 3 December 2019 7:14:04 PM
Thanks, Paul :)

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Wednesday, 4 December 2019 8:13:40 AM
I must say I enjoyed crossing pens with Foxy but I’m concerned that something as innocuous as this site can upset her so much that she needs to take a break.
Compared to some of the social media pages I visit occasionally, OLO is a pussy cat, a benign place I actually come to have a break from some of the traumatic issues I have to deal with in real life.
I hope she is back soon, different opinions always make debating more interesting, and I wish her well.
Posted by Big Nana, Wednesday, 4 December 2019 9:38:57 AM
Hi Foxy, I know you are watching, you couldn't help yourself.

Look after your self kiddo, we want you well & back when you are ready.

All my best,
Hasbeen.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 4 December 2019 11:41:44 AM
Big Nana forgive but Foxy cops some honestly sexist crap here
She may have left over me!
My combative take on the geens was there for all to see, if so I AM DEEPLY SORRY
A Conservative you Big Nana should still stand for women's rights a hatred of women is seen from some here
I contend firmly we can be much better, without not being firm, in our views
In my defense it is my view Labor MUST separate itself from the greens or never win another election
Too that we will face a greatly weaker government in the next election [likely long before full term]
We must win that election, not have it fall in to our hands from a failed government, if not? we do not deserve that victory
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 4 December 2019 11:50:36 AM
Belly, disagreeing with a woman isn’t sexism, it’s just a difference of opinion. When anyone disagrees with me, I never assume it’s because of my sex.
Posted by Big Nana, Wednesday, 4 December 2019 1:37:51 PM
Hi Comrade Belly,

Penny Wong (a favourite of mine), tried to tip the bucket on the Greens for having 10 years ago sided with the Coalition to defeat Labor's carbon pricing legislation. At the time I believed that decision by the Greens was wrong. The Greens should only side with the Coalition against Labor in extraordinary circumstances.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 4 December 2019 1:44:19 PM
Paul I too felt that way, remember even at the two elections in my state my team put greens HTV in place [no booths manned] and told their voters of them
My thoughts are not based on nastiness[ so many here are] but on my truly held views about? MY PARTY, yet you and I are closer to being on the right side than? just about everyone here
[yes Labor transported by request greens HTV to every smaller booth]
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 4 December 2019 2:45:15 PM
Belly,

It could be that the major threat to Labor's electoral support will be from Hanson's populist One Nation mob. 'Populism' doesn't necessarily mean popular but seemingly easy to implement, and demanded by many people. Populism's implicit slogan is "We promise easy answers to hard questions !"

So populism is more like taking advantage of many people's disquiet and sinking the boot into governments and other parties (always easy when you're not in power, because you're guaranteed never to have to put your money where your mouth is).

So Hanson can prattle, in high indignation, about the evils of other parties and SEEM to be responding to the wishes of (some of) the people, without ever having to deliver.

And the main movers to the Greens may be from the soft-left wing of the Liberals. I suspect that any Labor people who felt sympathetic towards the Greens' positions have already jumped ship, and Albanese is struggling to bring them back. It's a funny old world.

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Wednesday, 4 December 2019 3:07:25 PM
Hi Joe and Belly,

Having done HTV's for the Greens for about 20 years, Federal, State and Local, the most aggravated voters towards the Greens, are rusted on conservative older Labor voters, more men than women, just ahead of similar from older Liberal voters, although not such a pronounced split between men and women. Most receptive are easily younger Labor voters, although younger Liberals tend to be economically conservative but on social justice more radical. The other group which come down hard on the Greens are tradie types, easy to spot the 'Bob the Builders' rushing in to vote pre-poll.

Something which is not known to most is while Scrutineering on election night, generally I will watch the Liberal pile more often than Labor, someone else can do that, you never watch your own votes of course. Anyway I would estimate 20 to 30% of Liberal voters preference Greens second, over more conservative parties like Christian Demos and Family First .
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 4 December 2019 5:51:23 PM
That's right, Paul, the business and academic elite cliques stick together, since they believe that they are each born to rule, even to the exclusion of the other.

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Wednesday, 4 December 2019 8:21:58 PM
Hi Joe,

To true. Well as I said earlier I'll be taking a 2 week respite myself as from tomorrow. We are up up and away, things to get in order in NZ and Fiji before next year. Back before Xmas, with a commitment to whanau to have them stay over the holidays.

BTW, If a student wants to study in Australia, its not so easy to organise, particularly if that person is not in a position to support themselves. The government has lots of hoops one must jump through, not to mention the concerns of their family, being so far from home.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 4 December 2019 9:57:12 PM
Loudmouth you may be right, even if it was intended to prod me a truth exists that I fear
Very active on facebook and a lot of former workmates [road workers] and union members are seen
They [bottom out of their pants, vote one nation, shooters party and yes some weird independents
Fact is they do not trust my team
They are racist, do not believe in climate change, do not want boat arrivals ever
And in the end it is my mob who must do something about it not them
Yet if an election was held now? one seat majority but increasing numbers of small parties would be the truth power no matter what side won the election
Labor must not forget policy is meant to bring voters to them not hunt them away
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 5 December 2019 6:00:55 AM
G'day Paul 14.05klm from Mullumbimby RSL club.

Thank you for considering me worthy of a reply.

And thank you also for the bushfires up your way. The smell of roasting Koala bears on the NE'rs down this way is sublime.
I know! I should be little more considerate towards your sensitivities, and actually I am.

I have my own Koala bear story, and a story I'll leave you with before the conclusion, since I should keep the conversation themed towards foxes.

But nice it is to me, you and Joey are so attached. Poor old joe, as the song goes; still to this day waving his red hankie from the Berlin central, as Lennons train chugs from the platform, heading towards Moscow, to cause more mischief and mayhem that was unacceptable to Germans who are fascists at heart.

Dan (cont.).
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 5 December 2019 6:58:26 AM
Cont.

Further to Paul 14.05klm from Mullumbimby RSL club.

Anyway, back on track. I once worked high up in the mountains, and when me and the boys had some idle moments, catching Currawongs and colour scheming the flock with bright industrial paint on their white patches.
Goldilocks and red riding hood would be impressed, but the park ranger wasn't, and straight away he knew where to look for the culprits. His big concern was the terrifying impact on the Koala bears.

But to finish on theme. I also in the past, trapped foxes when the price paid for their pelt was worth the effort, ( that was a time before your team made fox skins worthless, by telling lies about them).
But I trapped an albino fox, which I decided I'd keep as a pet, ((your a foxy little thing Paul, I'll keep you as a pet). ( you'll notice all the fox words coming out Paul 14.05 Kim from Mullumbimby, that's so Graham doesn't scratch me off his list for non-compliance))
Well, as well as a fox, I had a wife too. I had long discovered the mix of perfumes of a fox hunter, are not compatible always to romance.

A fox coop at the back door, soon became a fox coop separated by such a distance, I really needed to flag down Lennons train to reach the fox, before it starved waiting for me to reach it. (I often wonderd if Lennons train was more reliable than a Belarus tractor).

I can't woffle on forever. So I bid you adieu, and think whisfully of you and Is Mise holding hands in the Mullumbimby RSL cub Friday night, playing kiss and tell, and sharing his free bottle of whiskey.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 5 December 2019 7:00:10 AM
Dan,

Koalas are not bears. They are just koalas.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 5 December 2019 7:43:32 AM
"Koalas are not bears. They are just koalas."

True and they make beaut bedspreads.
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 5 December 2019 9:31:54 AM
*..."Koalas are not bears. They are just koalas."...*

Well, I never: So they don't eat porridge ?

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 5 December 2019 3:34:46 PM

In homage to Foxy ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4am06KvZys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haLBvPyqiqk

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Friday, 6 December 2019 12:39:18 AM
Watched thanks Banjo
Posted by Belly, Friday, 6 December 2019 5:51:00 AM
My mind has come back daily to this thread so why not?
See Foxy is much loved, has been for so very long, like Paul, I wonder if I play a roll here
Is my full on intention to see my party become electable, leaving me rude [but honest] at times, a reason
Maybe, but too some very very strong things have been said about her here
I contemplate daily is it worth it?
Can this site see itself as I see it, a great site, one that lets us be heard
But in my view tilted to the right, in such a way those mentioned me included and steelredux are? well see for yourself we fail to keep not conservative posters Foxy if we never hear from you again know I remain proud of you proud too of the way you head butted some who had heads that would never be damaged by such things
Posted by Belly, Monday, 16 December 2019 3:04:13 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy