The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Traditional customs under question after Wombat stoning

Traditional customs under question after Wombat stoning

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. 15
  13. ...
  14. 25
  15. 26
  16. 27
  17. All
I think that the High Court of Yallingup should reconvene and try the fellow. I am sure that given the gravity of the alleged offence an exception to his gender will be made so that the trial may proceed. Then, like many misbehaving women tried before him, he can be bashed on the head and chucked down a hole, his otherwise fatal landing partially cushioned by a pile of corpses, from whence, after regaining some form of consciousness, he might crawl off into a corner, reflect upon his deeds, then perhaps, some days hence, die. Such was justice.
Posted by Fester, Tuesday, 8 October 2019 10:19:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Given all the trite indignation, and holier-than-thou moral judgement by some of the white mob on here, firstly about this bloke who is a total idiot, and then try to extrapolate his stupid behaviour to cover all Aboriginal people. Not bad coming from a mob who collectively have tortured and murdered about 200 million of their mob in the last hundred years. When it comes to being cruel and sadistic the Aboriginal is a novice, he can learn so much on that score from the white honkies who tortured and murdered thousands of Aboriginal people over the past two hundred years right here in Australia. Probably some of the self-rightest Forumites are related to those murderous white men!

Indy, still can't come up with an explanation concerning that so called ideal black fella you met the other day can you. Was it a lie?
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 9 October 2019 5:14:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Indy, still can't come up with an explanation
Paul1404,
What do you need explained ? What I meant by a "real Aborigine" is his complexion. You know the real matt black skin, white hair, nice demeanour, brown eyes that revealed no racism, unlike those whiteish stirrers from the City suburbs who've never even seen a Wallaby, those who you sound like !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 9 October 2019 6:57:44 AM
A great outpouring of self-hatred there from Paul 1405. He can't wait to use anti-white drivel in defence of barbarians.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 9 October 2019 8:01:02 AM
Paul,

I didn't realise that the Aboriginal Protectors here in South Australia were agents of the Japanese fascist military, a hundred years later. Perhaps you could join the dots ?

Probably those Protectors and missionaries were not much more humanitarian than you or I. But they seemed to do their best in what was a six- and seven-day-a-week job, organising rations for up to seventy depots, meeting people coming to town for hospital treatment and ensuring they had somewhere to stay, organising free medical attention in major regions, etc.

And ensuring that any Aboriginal people charged, say with mass murder, had competent interpreters so that they could understand the workings of the court system as British subjects, otherwise for the charges to be dropped.

And issuing boats and guns, so that people could continue to use their rights to hunt and fish and gather - as they still can.

If you can find any evidence to the contrary, on my web-site: www.firstsources.info , I'd be happy to have a good look at it. I'm surprised that you didn't refer to the Rufus Creek battle, that's in the first volume of the Protector's letters. All indexed, for your easy viewing.

Along with indexed Royal Commissions from most states. The 1000-page 1935 Moseley Royal Commission from WA is a beauty. And a twenty-year journal of a key missionary. And twenty years' more of letters from the same mission.

And, of course, spread-sheets in relation to Indigenous tertiary education performance, that you won't find anywhere else, not even (!) from Indigenous education bodies. No research papers from them either, although I've put together a few insignificant examples. I wonder why they are so quiet about any of that, Paul ? Could it be because power, rather than Indigenous advancement, is their central preoccupation, and because they view Indigenous university success as a threat to their power bases in the Industry ?

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Wednesday, 9 October 2019 10:02:20 AM
ttbn giving advice to Paul about self-hatred and
drivel?

Very impressive - coming from our resident
intellectual, compassionate, and truly caring poster.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 9 October 2019 10:05:50 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. 15