The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Traditional customs under question after Wombat stoning

Traditional customs under question after Wombat stoning

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 25
  10. 26
  11. 27
  12. All
That's fairly normal practice all over. I've witnessed similar with turtles, snakes etc.
All it does is put the academic do-gooders on the spot ! Shipwrecked people in the 19th century at times suffered similar fate. When retaliation got the upper hand it's called white man cruelty a hundred years later !
I just wish people would accept history as it can't be changed anyway, no matter how hard Academia tries !
Posted by individual, Saturday, 5 October 2019 7:25:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
IF true an Aboriginal elder has said this is ok because of his being one of them?
Changes every thing charge the idiot with animal cruelty and question his ability to remain a cop
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 5 October 2019 3:40:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I do not believe there is anything "culturally" that can be associated with the actions of this off duty copper Mr Cock. The majority of Aboriginal people would be disgusted with his behaviour, just as the rest of the community are. Not fit to wear the uniform of a police officer.

Cultural practices of indigenous people are to be respected, they are not to be taken lightly. The protocols, practices and beliefs are something that all true indigenous people take most seriously. My wife in her culture takes her responsibilities very serious, she would never be flippant or mocking of those things she is entrusted to carry out as a woman of high standing within her tribe. Those that don't meet the standards, or fail to respect the protocols etc, she will soon let them know.

runner, this bloke could make himself a candidate for a later in life abortion, unfortunately they missed his as an unborn.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 5 October 2019 6:55:43 PM
Don't think this bloke is Aboriginal.

Leading NSW gunnie, and multimillionaire car dealer Tony Azzi investigated over wombat deaths!

http://www.smh.com.au/national/multimillionaire-car-dealer-tony-azzi-investigated-over-wombat-deaths-20151218-glqoga.html

Pulled a few strings with the mates in power, and got away with it.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 5 October 2019 7:14:10 PM
Anyone who thinks animal cruelty has nothing to do with aboriginal tradition obviously hasnt lived with traditional people. The cruelty in remote communities used to horrify me.
One example is turtle hunting. If turtles are lucky, only one of them gets caught, because it gets eaten right away. But if more than one is caught the others are laid on their back so that they are helpless, frequently out in the sun, and left like that for days, until people are ready to eat them. And turtles cry. I used to walk past them , sweltering upside down in the sun, with tears rolling down their faces.
Camp dogs would be starving, limping around with dangling broken legs, or gaping, festering wounds covered with flies and no one cared.
And don’t get me started on what the kids used to do to helpless animals for fun.
Posted by Big Nana, Saturday, 5 October 2019 7:43:50 PM
Dear Big Nana,

Do you ever have anything positive to say about
our Indigenous people? All of your comments
on this forum have always been so negative and
certainly not kind.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 5 October 2019 8:05:15 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 25
  10. 26
  11. 27
  12. All