The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Parts of the world are over populated

Parts of the world are over populated

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 26
  7. 27
  8. 28
  9. Page 29
  10. 30
  11. 31
  12. 32
  13. All
Dear Belly,

Never mind about heaven, wherever it is - it is not worthwhile, it is only trouble. There there are only pleasures whereas here on earth we have mixed suffering and pleasure, but none of it is everlasting. One day there will no longer be Turkey, or Syria, or Kurds, or this planet or indeed humanity, they are all temporary, even heaven is - the only reality is God, He never changes, never affected by time, take refuge in Him!

But you say that you rather stay here on earth, at least for now - that's OK, then stay and do good works here, but know that suffering is part of parcel of this place and always will be, nobody can ever make this place a heaven, it is futile to try so, if you understand this, at least you will not be disappointed.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 8 October 2019 8:19:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Under stand Yuyutsu, but if greed did not control this world we could do better
Shame is it does control and about one percent own most of every thing
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 8 October 2019 10:51:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Are you asking because you indeed want to hear my answers and learn from them?
Yuyutsu,
I'm open to any plausible answer.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 8 October 2019 5:42:39 PM
spend less on dams for farmers than we will helping America go back in space
Belly,
I think you should put that question to those Environmentalists who stop the construction of dams.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 9 October 2019 5:56:27 PM
Dear Individual,

«I'm open to any plausible answer.»

I hope so.

«Gods are being portrayed as beings/powers that need constant praise. Why ?»

I do not portray God as such, so you may like to ask those who do why they do.

God does not need any praise. He is already complete and infinite with or without your petty finite praise. Instead, it is your privilege to praise God if you so choose, for your own benefit, for the sake of purifying your mind and heart: if you choose not to, then you missed a great opportunity and the loss is all yours.

«God(s) created us with all our faults»

The appearance as if you were created (whether by God or by anyone else) and are temporal and faulty, is all in the mind - you are uncreated, eternal and faultless.

It is true that your body and mind were created (in the case of your body, by your parents) and that they are less than perfect, but as you are neither your body nor your mind, this perception is a case of mistaken identity.

« & then we're expected to toe the line?»

Now there are in fact not one, but many such "lines" that different people expect you to toe - so what? that's only their own weaknesses and insecurities, God does not expect anything from you. The interesting question is, what do you expect of yourself?

«I think the religious are either very hypocritical or very silly.»

"Hypocritical" implies that they are not truly religious, just pretenders. So we have certain people who call themselves "religious", but actually are not. What does this tell us about religion and religiosity? Nothing!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 10 October 2019 12:50:07 AM
indy show me those conservationists, not aware of any, unless you are talking about the Franklin dam
It was never about water for the farmers but power supply old mate
You have seen in other threads my view we must build dams a whole lot of them
And pump water both retrieved river water and recycled sewage inland filling each dam using them as stepping stones to get permanent water inland
We then could increase population/carrying capacity of inland Australia
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 10 October 2019 6:05:35 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 26
  7. 27
  8. 28
  9. Page 29
  10. 30
  11. 31
  12. 32