The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Biloela Tamil Family And Their 5 Day Reprieve From Deportation.

Biloela Tamil Family And Their 5 Day Reprieve From Deportation.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 22
  9. 23
  10. 24
  11. All
It is about time legal aid was fixed.

It should be available only to full citizens, & only for one representation every 5 years.

Continual appeals should have to be paid for by the person, not the state.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 31 August 2019 7:59:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I also can't help wondering why it took so long
for these people's fate to be decided. If they
were not refugees why were they kept here for so long?
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 31 August 2019 9:17:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This cruelty is beyond imagination.

---

Dear Foxy,

«Should Mr Dutton make an exception in their case?»

Then he would no longer be Dutton!

Had Dutton been the defence-minister rather than the home-affairs minister, he would have ordered a battalion of tanks to surround Biloela, kill everyone there with machine-gun fire and fire-bombs, then raize Biloela to the ground. Just shiver when considering that this Nazi monster almost became Australia's prime-minister.

The people of Queensland and/or Biloela now ought to secede from the commonwealth of Australia, but will they have the courage?

One psychopath is understandable, but what pains me is the obedience of police and border-force. Will they too one day claim that they "only obeyed orders"?

---

Dear Hasbeen,

«Continual appeals should have to be paid for by the person, not the state.»

I agree. There is no need for the state to pay at all. I already chipped my donation and so have so far over 200,000 Australians: this should suffice, otherwise I will chip some more.

http://www.change.org/p/peter-dutton-bring-priya-back-to-biloela
Posted by Yuyutsu, Saturday, 31 August 2019 9:24:23 PM
I think if lying activist and sleazy pollies like Phelps, Banks and Labour had not deceitfully pushed their medivac bill this poor family might have found mercy. Personally I see no advantage in returning them now although Phelps, Banks, Keneally etc should be charged with treason.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 31 August 2019 9:26:56 PM
As a second thought, if 200,000 Australians chipped only $25 each, then this miserable family could come in through the front door: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08-30/significant-investor-visa-review/11450694?section=business
Posted by Yuyutsu, Saturday, 31 August 2019 9:30:42 PM
I've found out more about this case - and it
appears there's much more to it than I first
thought.

Here's what the ABC tells us:

Priya and Nadesalingam also known as Nades came to
Australia as separate individuals by boat in 2012
and 2013.

Friends and support groups say that they fled Sri Lanka
because of the persecution of the Tamil people.

The couple met and married and then settled in the
Central Queensland town of Biloela where they lived
and worked for about 3 years.

Their two daughters were born in Australia now aged 4 and 2.

It's understood that their visas expired between June and
February 2018.

The Department of Home Affairs has repeatedly said the
family's case has been comprehensively assessed over many
years and they have consistently been found not to meet
Australia's protection obligations.

The family also had their appeal rejected by the Federal
Circuit Court in June last year.

cont'd ...
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 31 August 2019 9:55:56 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 22
  9. 23
  10. 24
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy