The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What is a Conservative in 2019?

What is a Conservative in 2019?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All
AC tell me if it was you in trouble would you care if it was legal
Say one of five called back,without pay, to work over Christmas to get an order out, true it took place
Or the my door is always open bosses who verbally abuse workers daily
They exist
In the mentioned case she can not win, the boss is a grub, his staff afraid of him, nearly as much as being out of work in a country town
My every trick in the book comment
It references I know how to shut him down, legally close the doors and get nothing for his workers
Accept unemployment benefits
Best, after explaining, to do nothing
A day must come when workers in this service industry get fair wages but that day is not here
Not one of them is in a union and working for them is not a priority until they start to help themselves
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 15 August 2019 7:17:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly,
Sounds to me this woman needs help, so better start opening your can of tricks quick-smart !
Sounds like the unions haven't been interested either. I'm certain if they help her she'll join.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 15 August 2019 8:42:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hey Belly,
Well, if someone were to take a squared off mattock handle to his kneecaps I assume he might think twice about ripping off those in his charge who are beneath him in the future...

- But technically I'm probably not supposed to say things like this as it may be seen as advocating criminal acts.

Probably better to simply expose and shame his actions publicly on social media.

Actually, I'll go with 'shut the bastards down'.
Too bad for the persons job, but best this person doesn't operate a business if they can't treat their staff fairly and remunerate them as required.

Make them repay 10 times the amount they stole if caught.
- Payable to the employee they ripped off -

That way the employee can say - go ahead rip me off then idiot, it's your funeral and my payday.

Why can't the world figure out how to foolproof ideas?
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 15 August 2019 8:54:46 AM
Armchair critic unemployment somewhat melowed me
On moving here in the very late 70,s I for a time, was unemployed
It hurt it nearly killed me, see it was my job to be the only income earner for my family of five plus me
I was subjected to the dole bludger thing, even by little old ladys who did not know me
I found jobs hard dirty work, but shone and kept them
Then my road worker days saw me fully employed
So in much the same position as I once was,some even low lifes on social security,putting them out of work?
My friends dislike the new me, the one that wants social justice but demands an end to fraud.
Thinks subsidised work of benefit to the community should take the place of the dole
But yes I could shut the bloke down, maybe bankrupt him
What of the other food sellers near here doing the same? or the hundreds on this highway
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 15 August 2019 1:12:28 PM
Belly,
Any news on the woman ? Have you contacted anyone with a bit of pull so to speak ?
Posted by individual, Saturday, 17 August 2019 12:22:15 PM
Indy we all fall for a con
In part I did, yes she was underpaid, yes her boss is a grub, and yes many on this road are like him
BUT got another visit, seems someone robbed her house, while she was out
AND while I was too, not rich, gave her 50 bucks, she moved out
Bloke across the road told me she told him the same story, he gave her twenty
Indy would rather be conned than see her go hungry
PS seems a union official [not mine] that has coverage of such industries will be doing wages book inspections here and along this road starting next week
Hope to have a cup of coffee with him/her
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 17 August 2019 4:13:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy