The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > BUDJ BIM an Indigenous eel trap site added to World Heritage List!

BUDJ BIM an Indigenous eel trap site added to World Heritage List!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 88
  7. 89
  8. 90
  9. Page 91
  10. All
Hi paul,

So there's no such group (iwi, hapu, whanau or tree) called Rangihou ? But it sure sounds Maori :)

And this is actually a spoof, a take-off, or maybe a con-job ? Maybe those involved can settle the issue with a 'welcome to country'-type battle ?

If the claimants are serious, hen they clearly know very little about either Maori or Aboriginal history or society, then or now.

No, it must be a spoof - maybe for 'Mad as Hell' ?

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Friday, 23 August 2019 4:07:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Joe,

Just asked the wife again, and she don't know the "Rangihou". The important year to Maori around that date with a connection to Australia is 1814, and the first christian service conducted in Aotearoa by the Rev Samuel Marsden. In 2014 we did attend a big celebration at Parramatta, (on our land of course), to commemorate the Rev Marsden (who was well respected by Maori).
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 23 August 2019 4:54:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul,
thanks for the offer, but you see, I don't condone sports as a pursuit for adults, or should I say mental deficients of an age that should know better.
That's both, the players and those who follow sports. (everyone else)
So you won't be seeing me or my Bentleys down there any time soon, even for free.
Paul, I might suggest you see someone about your obsession about MY cars.
I'll let you in on a little secret, their just a name, their probably worth less than your car, so don't fret I'm not that much invested in them, I can get rid of them tomorrow and not lose a moments sleep.
They're not that big a deal.
The price on them has dropped so much today, that anyone can own one.
So don't worry, I'm not that snob you think I am.
Posted by ALTRAV, Friday, 23 August 2019 7:15:42 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 88
  7. 89
  8. 90
  9. Page 91
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy