The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Women’s right in Islam

Women’s right in Islam

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
Foxy nothing has changed and never will, I have lost friends and ex workmates
Because I confront the pure stupidity that all Muslims are a threat
One, has stopped posting here, to avoid me
See he, truly, thinks Pauline Hanson is a hero, and that she should be, maybe even will be, Prime Minister
There are no definites, no single path we should all follow
Fundamentalists are in the wrong country as are those ignoring our law
Consider, are my words about my rights in most Islamic countries true?
Why then should we be any different
Yesterday a THUG again refused to stand in our court
He carved IS a slogan on the head of an ex service man
We can not ignore the nature of primitive hate being directed at us by the more primitive and backward side of Islam
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 22 June 2019 11:48:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Belly,

It's not the religion, it's fundamentalist's
interpretation of their religion be it Jewish,
Muslim, Christian, et cetera. If we look we
can find faults in each. Islam just happens to
be the flavour of the month at the moment.
Predominantly because of military conflicts in
their areas.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 22 June 2019 11:54:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy you are totally naïve, Why has there been conflicts in Islamic countries? It is the enforcement by Mufti leaders of Shariah; which equals in their mind the laws of Allah. The only overcoming of Islam is to risk becoming an apostate of the religion. Those so called Moderates risk the same fate as infidels under shariah. Death is the only atonement for violating Allah's laws under shariah.
Posted by Josephus, Saturday, 22 June 2019 12:14:34 PM
The so called "fundamentalists" are, actually, the only Muslims who are interpreting the Koran in the way it is written. Anyone who says differently is an ignoramus who has never opened the Koran.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 22 June 2019 12:29:37 PM
It's difficult to make sweeping generalisations
about a religion most of us actually know
so little about or what fundamentalists do or
do not believe. There are many variants of the
Koran and many changes have been made. And has
been used for political aims and manipulations.

My opinion is that only fundamentalists would
interpret their holy books literally. As for
example with the Bible. It was written thousands
of years ago and the Old Testament's text precedes
that. We know that the texts have been edited
numerous times and changed and its literal belief
would not make sense.

Of course religious leaders call it the Word of God.
Yet, we know in fact that it was written by men.
So whichever way people choose to interpret it
(or not) it will never be accurate or the truth.
But it is a guide to people of faith.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 22 June 2019 1:00:16 PM
Joe,
You wrote, "I fervently hope that Muslim women in Australia receive the same protection of the law, and the same rights under the law particularly in relation to marriage and sharing of property, as all other women should have, and have as much right to freedom of expression as all other women should have.

I'm sure you would agree wholeheartedly ?"

Foxy agreed with you and you are both wrong.

The parents and others charged with FGM offences have been muslim and have only receive 'home detention' as penalty. We have only prosecuted a few and most states do not even do that, it is ignored by our authorities and judicory. Yet little girls suffer.

The act of taking under age girls in marriage is also rarely made accountable. There is a medical practicioner who runs a practice in western Sydney who told the media that she could find 100 under age marriages at any given time, yet our government does not seem concerned.

Yes these groups are treated differently by our law makers and enforcers, they get off very lightly for any offences.

You can liken it to the way aboriginal offenders get off lightly in relation to child sex offences. Refugees also seem to get favoured sentences for offences.

It is a fallacy to think that all are treated equally under the law
Posted by HenryL, Saturday, 22 June 2019 1:06:03 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All