The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What's happening to the polling?

What's happening to the polling?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
There is a trend in polling that conservative voters seem to be shy to express themselves. Newspoll was the closest, but was out by about 3%

Shorten this morning was talking about forming his cabinet, but is now looking at sitting on the back bench.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Saturday, 18 May 2019 11:12:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To be granted the privilege of forming Government is only the first basic step. It is now time for the Conservatives to refrain from bragging & concentrate on the task ahead. I'd strongly recommend they start looking at the key issues that handed them the opportunity to deliver their promises.
Old age pension asset test, welfare & tax reform, curb the cost of the Public Service, lay the foundation of a non-military national Service, re-visit irrigating west of the GDR. review & change the rules that allow incompetent & corrupt bureaucrats to stay, put immigration back into Immigration's hands, focus on a rail network, look at what can be done here to curb & reduce pollution, do periodical surveys of real people rather than just on Uni campuses & to harvest practical everyday ideas etc etc.
Work less behind the scenes, make progress visible ! Pull our collective fingers out !
Posted by individual, Sunday, 19 May 2019 8:41:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Don't trust surveys!!
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 19 May 2019 9:01:32 AM
Polls have always been rubbish; so has 'expert' opinion. This has been proved at every election. People just forget, that's all.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 19 May 2019 9:08:51 AM
I don't watch a lot of free to air TV,
But did they not predict an ALP win was almost a certainty?

If so, this is just like Trump.
Questions have to be asked whether the news was attempting to create news and manipulate the outcome rather than just report it.

How can they get it wrong so often?
It can't be a coincidence, they can't be that out of touch.
Why would anyone pay 1 cent for news?

It's not news.
They deliberately keep you uninformed feeding you narratives and anonymous sources and misrepresent the bigger picture in order to try to shape the outcome.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 19 May 2019 9:19:41 AM
What's happening to the polling?

- This is in regards to normal polls not political polls -

Do you not think the poller know which places to poll to get the poll results they want to?

Answer: Of course they do, they learned all that info from previous polls you morons.

Polls are a pyramid scheme of evil.
Weapons on the frontline in a 'War for Change'.

Do you not think that if I deliberately cherry-picked the localities being polled that I would not be able to manipulate polling results?

What if I lead those chosen localities polls with multiple choice questions knowing what the likely polled choices in relation to these set multiple choice questions would be?

What if I deliberately push an agenda in the public space in order to both give people a pet agenda to be supportive of (so they can consider themselves good people) and unrelentingly keep it in the mind of public conscience?

Then load the questions asked.

Societal peer pressure.

Who are the people polled?
I've never been asked my opinion.
Can anyone here honestly say 'I contributed to the results of 'this or that' poll?

And what about if you contact people at home during work hours?
Are you then not likely to be polling a segment of the population who aren't currently working?
How do those opinions compare to those people you didn't poll who were too busy working; and actually contributing to supporting the nation rather than complaining about it?

- Beware of Polls -

It stands to reason that the only people who REALLY care about polls and would commission them are those who would seek to use them to try to manipulate a future outcome.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 19 May 2019 10:17:22 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy