The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Another example of muslim culture

Another example of muslim culture

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
At the risk of being labelled an apologist, I'd like to point out that this was another example of violent crime and corruption. It had very little to do with muslim culture.

Sexual misconduct by people in positions of power has long been a problem in Australia, and certainly hasn't been confined to muslims. And you need only look at Cardinal Pell to see that people accused of sexual assault often have friends in high places here too.

The main difference in Bangladesh is that the accused seems to have friends in low places too - and is sufficiently evil and stupidly confident to take advantage of that. Assuming he's guilty of course; we don't know the details of how the crime was arranged, but I'd be astonished if there's any credibility in HenryL's prejudiced alternative explanation.
Posted by Aidan, Monday, 22 April 2019 12:04:30 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pure bigotry, even if powered by an inability to understand will get us no place
The thread started about that young woman,my facebook post called for and end to all dealings, everything, with the country it took place in
Until they become human
No not sorry believe it, women are the biggest victims of Islam, BUT never forget we too do not seem to believe in equality
Worse thing about some posts is true, or they think they are, Christians seem to deeply hate every Muslim
The truth is, without change, without massive, honest effort, by these two countries to wipe terrorists, and dreadful teachers of hate out, the China method of controlling that faith, dreadful but in the end effective, will come
Tell me again why God who made us all, made other Gods so we could murder each other in the name of teachers of a better way to live God?
Posted by Belly, Monday, 22 April 2019 7:14:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Christians seem to deeply hate every Muslim
Belly,
Correction, Muslims go out of their way to make themselves disliked ! Christians do it too although with less direct violence, they resort to greed !
Posted by individual, Monday, 22 April 2019 8:03:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
individual,
Correct and the root problem of religion is not religion per se, but Abrahamic religions – there can be no sugar-coating it.
Posted by Ahenobarbus, Monday, 22 April 2019 8:43:48 AM
Aidan,
I don't care what you call yourself or what you label me, but the burning of one wife and acid attacks are part of the culture in Bangladesh and Pakistan and they are both muslim countries.

You may not want to accept it but it is part of their culture,just like binge drinking and drug taking by young adults are part of our culture whether we like it or not.

Honor killing by family members is common in both countries so it would not surprise if family had some involvement.

Belly,
Since when is a dislike of wife burning, acid attack and honor killing bigotry? There are many other cultural practices of muslims that cause me to dislike the ideology of Islam

For the record I am not religious in any way, I have no qualms about writing NONE on the census form.

I see you advocate cutting all dealings with Bangladesh so I ask you is that the way you would deal with terrorism. I am interested because I consider we should lower our immigration and make our country safer by stopping entry of those that have shown they will not integrate and cause us strife. Some are simply not compatable with our society. All those that we have convicted of terrorism are muslim and that tells me the less muslims we have the safer we are and the more cohesive is our community.
Posted by HenryL, Monday, 22 April 2019 10:18:05 AM
Not an example of Muslim culture? Piffle! It's typical of how Muslim culture views women. It's a view that Western feminists seem to have of Muslim women, too. They are too busy with abortion 'rights' to worry about a girl who gets burnt to death on top of being sexually harassed. And silly old Western men are more concerned about 'bigotry' and attacking their own culture than they are in Islamic ritual murder.

The British Raj managed to stamp out the disgusting, inhuman Hindu practice of suttee, but Islamic savagery against women escaped scrutiny, apparently.

Now, I said that the same thing could not happen here because we are a rule of law country; however, if you up look the political system of Bangladesh, you will see that they claim the same for themselves. Given the downward trend in Australia, the apologists for Islam here (we have a couple mouthing off in this thread), I might have been a little too confident.

Thankyou, Henry, for bringing our attention to this atrocity and flushing out the usual suspects on OLO who think that all cultures are equal, no matter how vile some of them are.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 22 April 2019 11:24:02 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy