The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Criminalisation of parenting

Criminalisation of parenting

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Know my view is confronting, wish I could, ever again, believe in a God
But others bought faith in to this thread, not saying that was wrong, unlike a poster who insists HIS thread stays on subject
We wander, we drift in to other subjects, see no wrong in that
These kids, may have been safer in the community and lifestyle of their mothers people 200 years ago
But it remains my view no God ever existed,that we have moved on from the very different spoken word and God, we needed in the dark after leaving our caves
That we humans would be/could be, far better if we became one
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 9 April 2019 6:52:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yuyutsu,

Thank You for explaining your position.

I did not understand what you were trying to say
and for that I sincerely apologise.

One of the best examples of protecting the
sanctity of life comes from the predominantly
Eastern faiths - Hinduism, Buddhism, and
others which all teach "ahimsa" the key religious
virtue and guiding principal that all life is
God given and therefore sacred. "Ahimsa"includes
both compassion and non-violence, believing
that all living beings share the spark of a
divine spiritual energy that we all take part in
a symbiotic interconnected web of life.

Once again Thank You for explaining your position
more clearly to me.

You will have to forgive me if I don't respond to
you for a couple of days. I am going to have
laser-assisted cataract surgery today at 12 Noon
so I won't be able to post for a few days.

Have a nice day.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 9 April 2019 8:32:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thread told us some parents are being criminalised
But neglected to note some parents are criminals
My thoughts remain, DOC s neglects its duty, it leaves children in bad homes
Failing us all
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 9 April 2019 4:37:37 PM
Belly,

By "all", if you mean the Australian community, you're right. These parents bring shame on our country.

Maybe it's not so much that some parents are criminals, but that their behaviour, their callousness, is criminal. It's surely criminal to wilfully neglect one's children to the point where they are in grave danger.

In the death records for the Pt McLeay Mission on Lake Alexandrina, there was a death of a child from starvation, in 1955, in a family living thirty miles away, with the father on good money working on the railways. I knew the family a few years later and he was still a phenomenal drinker, knocking back nearly a gallon of port each night. Having lived a sheltered life, I'd never seen anybody so drunk every weekend. I thought he was an elderly man but he was only about forty then. Of course, he died only a few years later.

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 9 April 2019 6:11:51 PM
quite a few parents introduced their own kids to drugs. docp have no hope of keeping up with these ones. I personally know some. Secularism is a putried ideology.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 9 April 2019 7:26:54 PM
The mother has been charged with manslaughter; so we can all go back to minding our own business and let justice takes its course. No matter what happens, the two poor little buggers are gone.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 9 April 2019 11:17:57 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy