The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Would you pay more? Always?

Would you pay more? Always?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All
CM we are crossing verbal swords quite a lot of late
But maybe you know, as I do, sometimes defense od OUR SIDE is, well wrong
See I demand, beg for, work for, true modernisation, reform, from my side
Supporting something I do not believe in, lacks moral fibre as ww1 soldiers had been charged with
So in the end take on board while both majors are shedding first preference voters my side gets more than any single party
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 2 April 2019 5:36:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly said- sometimes defense od (of) OUR SIDE is, well wrong

Answer-

I think I know what your side is from the policies you defend and attack but I'd be interested in knowing what side you think you are on and more importantly why.

OUR SIDE- this is also ambiguous. The side that an arbitrary person has. Or is this an implication that you (Belly) and myself (Canem Malum) are on the same side.

There are also other ambiguities in relation to the quote above.
Posted by Canem Malum, Wednesday, 3 April 2019 4:26:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly said- any one not a conservative is a Lefty

Answer- Perhaps you're saying that what I'm saying is that "anyone not a Conservative is a Classical Locke Liberal" - this comment would be loosely correct.

What I mean by Classical Locke Liberal (or Liberal in it's short form) is someone that believes in Social Liberalism (Leftism) or Economic Free Trade Market Liberalism (Small L Liberal Rightism).

The thing is Liberalism includes elements on the Left and the Right of politics.

They also call "Paleo Conservatives" or Traditional Conservatives- right of centre.

Also in the US they call the Democrats (a left wing party) "Liberals".

In Australia they call the majority Free Marketeers (a right wing party) the Liberal Party.

I've found Patrick Deneen's analysis of Locke Liberalism to be a very useful way of viewing politics- and usually use this as a lense- though given the complex nature of politics- I'm sure that it isn't without limitations.

In summary- I'm saying loosely that "anyone not a Conservative is a Liberal either Socially or of the Market"
Posted by Canem Malum, Wednesday, 3 April 2019 4:49:15 AM
Verbale tennis CA but best played with some strings in you racket
Not sure you will ever let truth get past your fixed view you know more than others
Things have become much, much tighter in the upcoming election
No side has it in the bag
Can we agree voters by electing one or the other, know what they are doing?
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 3 April 2019 4:52:26 AM
Can we agree voters by electing one or the other, know what they are doing?
Belly,
NO !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 3 April 2019 8:18:02 AM
is dictatorship your wish indy?
What if it is a Labor dictatorship?
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 3 April 2019 11:54:27 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy