The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Would you pay more? Always?

Would you pay more? Always?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All
Let's say you walk into a shop seeing bread priced at $25.00 per loaf, milk at $15.00 per litre and fruit and vegetables starting at $10.00 per kilogram.

Let's say, you are shocked as the prices seem too high, but there are no other options available - the other shops nearby all have the same prices.

What would you do?
Posted by NathanJ, Wednesday, 27 March 2019 1:54:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Open a shop.
Posted by mhaze, Thursday, 28 March 2019 7:53:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Get some chickens and some goats and a garden. But with an overpopulated world there may not be enough space in my bubble to survive. See Biosphere.
Posted by Canem Malum, Thursday, 28 March 2019 8:37:32 AM
Steal some food.
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 28 March 2019 8:57:02 AM
What would you do?

- Drive to the nearest McDonalds, Hungry Jacks or KFC

Here's another scenario:
- In regards to 'equality'

Lets say male fruit pickers can pick 100 apples an hour on average;
And female fruit pickers can pick 80 apples an hour on average.

Does the female deserve the same wages as the man?

Should both male and female employees be paid by the hour or by apples picked?

Are women consumers prepared to pay more for the female picked apples to support other women and make up for the lower rate of picking and cost passed on to the retailer?

Should Coles, Woolies and other retailers offer 'Male picked' apples as well as 'female picked' apples and if so who pays for the increased store space?

Are they even willing to pay more for the female picked apples?

What happens if there is no demand for higher priced apples when compared to their lower cost male-picked counterparts?
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 28 March 2019 10:00:23 AM
The first thing I'd do is check my location. Because if they're Taiwan dollars (for example) the prices that appear high would actually be quite low.

But if they are Australian dollars, I'd probably buy what I need and no more.

Why do you ask?
Posted by Aidan, Thursday, 28 March 2019 10:17:13 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy