The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > I live in Maribyrnong and Bill Shorten as Prime Minister terrifies me.

I live in Maribyrnong and Bill Shorten as Prime Minister terrifies me.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
A culture of misandry in ALP politics in Maribyrnong has hit me hard.

In 2015-16, I wanted to promote friendliness to Indonesia as our post World War 2 friend through proposed memorial tree plantings and artwork via a female ALP politician representing an electorate with huge vacant military heritage sites. She called my lobbying harassment and I suffered police arrest approaching her re-election.

All I wanted was discussion.

So ScoMo's words on IWD sound magnificent to me: "“We’re not about setting Australians against each other, trying to push some down to lift others up. That’s not in our values ……. you don’t push some people down to lift some people up. And that is true about gender equality too .......”

I tried to involve a Labor woman in military heritage celebration and the police arrested me.

In her famous misogyny speech in Parliament, Prime Minister Julia Gillard said to then opposition leader Tony Abbott about taking responsibility for offensive comments by broadcaster Alan Jones about her at A Young Liberals function:

"...... the Leader of the Opposition is always wonderful about walking into this Parliament and giving me and others a lecture about what they should take responsibility for........ Well can anybody remind me if the Leader of the Opposition has taken any responsibility for the conduct of the Sydney Young Liberals and the attendance at this event of members of his frontbench?

Has he taken any responsibility for the conduct of members of his political party and members of his frontbench who apparently when the most vile things were being said about my family, raised no voice of objection? Nobody walked out of the room; no-one walked up to Mr Jones and said that this was not acceptable."

Now Labor offers Australia a PM from Maribyrnong who ignores what his own party does to representative democracy in his political backyard.

My Australia Day open letter to Bill Shorten about his fitness for national leadership awaits an answer: https://freedom-demokrasi-and-civilised-humanity.com/2019/01/25/open-letter-to-bill-shorten-you-are-not-fit-to-lead-australia/

The Australian people have a right to know what they are voting for.

Bill Shorten is silent.

What do others think?
Posted by Ozguy1945, Tuesday, 12 March 2019 10:53:38 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You were arrested just for approaching politician?
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 12 March 2019 10:09:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
http://www.smh.com.au/national/many-mafs-moments-ahead-in-federal-campaign-20190312-p513gw.html
reality is we must look at what the whole country thinks not our own private bubble
After reading the link, finding it starkly true, I wonder just why this government insists on bringing about its own fall
Shorten will be Prime Minister and will not be a bad one
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 13 March 2019 5:00:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ttbn yes ..... the story is complex ..... you can read it here: https://freedom-demokrasi-and-civilised-humanity.com/2017/11/08/freedom-demokrasi-and-civilised-humanity/
Posted by Ozguy1945, Wednesday, 13 March 2019 7:53:12 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I do not believe anyone in Australia, bad and all as it is becoming, would be arrested for 'approaching' a politician. Were you driving a tank at the time? Further, when someone uses the word “complex” my bullshite meter goes red. I loathe the Labor party, but in this case, I'm with your “female ALP politician”. And no, I'm not going to look at your reference, which might be loaded with nasty bugs.

There is also something wrong with anyone who thinks that Indonesia is our 'post WW2 friend’
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 13 March 2019 9:38:14 AM
I've looked up the link:

http://freedom-demokrasi-and-civilised-humanity.com

Check it out folks.

Something's not quite right here.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 13 March 2019 10:50:23 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy