The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Clive Palmer gets my vote.

Clive Palmer gets my vote.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Indy, I applaud your initiatives and agree with most of what you suggest.
Where-as your approach is to 'wrestle' with all eight of the octopus's tentacles, my approach is to attack the head, thereby killing off not only the tentacles but the thing which controls them, so with one action we have taken care of eight problems.
Now I see the biggest problem in politics, apart from the ministers themselves, are the LOBBYISTS.
Get rid of them and we begin to get rid of the bigger problem.
These guys are nothing more than snake oil salesmen.
They are either old pollies or low-life friends of them.
They do nothing but talk and put 'dirty' deals together.
Why do you think so many contracts are issued to foreign companies?
Because it's easier to hide the details and money trail.
Or is it that Aussies are not up to the task, and all this bluster about world's best practices and as good as any country, must be a load of BS.
Or is it?
A simple example as to why we pay so much more for our cars than the rest of the world.
When the car manufacturing industry ended in Australia, I was among a chorus of people who wrote and made submissions and gave advise to a govt backed review of the motor car industry and in particular, 'imports'.
The submissions were unanimous and in concert that we should remove any and all import restrictions, as we had the most rigorous car registration and compliance standards in the world.
We found out recently that Porsche (amongst others) lobbied the govt so hard against any dilution of the import acts that we are worse off than before.
The new act is rumoured to state that we cannot import a car any younger than 25 years old.
We're supposed to get solace in the fact that it will be a 'rolling' date.
BIG DEAL!
Again, bloody lobbyists.
Look we don't stand a chance where money is concerned so that's why I promote a more aggressive form of the peoples version of lobbying.
Posted by ALTRAV, Thursday, 28 February 2019 9:45:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My old work mate, a staunch Labor supporter just told me he'll vote for Shorten because he promised to renew the push for a Republic. He reckons Shorten will be taken out by Wong into a second term.
Where are the economics in that ?
Posted by individual, Friday, 1 March 2019 9:36:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My vote goes to those with the slightest indication of ridding us of ALP/LNP majority.
We need to put a stop to progressive regress !
Make the undeserving federal fat-cats tighten their belts.
Bernardi's mob hinted at doing that. If they could get the backing of ON & Palmer united, the Nation will be entering phase 1 of recovery.
Posted by individual, Friday, 1 March 2019 10:43:47 AM
Clive wouldn't get my vote in a fat man competition, even if the rest of the contenders were anorexic by comparison.
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 1 March 2019 11:18:16 AM
Issy, it's a good thing he's not campaigning to win a 'fat man' competition.
He is however trying to win a seat in govt.
He is different to what's already ensconsed in the govt right now.
I will never say he's better, even I am not that obtuse.
No he's just different, and when he says he is 'independent', we can only hope that he truly is, and not just another 'YES' suction cap, pretending to be independent.
If any independent ever hints at preferences, as far as I am concerned he's just another scumbag, like the rest of em'.
I want people who vote in accordance with THEIR electorates wishes on every bill, and definitely not along 'party lines'.
I don't think there are many true independents, which is very sad and disappointing.
It means labour will get in and we will cop another term of pain and puss.
Nothing will change, except for the increase in pain we will be suffering.
Posted by ALTRAV, Friday, 1 March 2019 1:34:20 PM
If it were down to personality most politicians wouldn't be in the job. Luckily, there are thinking people on election day who consider what's better for the country's future than what some pollies look like.
Just look at the present outfits. LNP & ALP are chokkers with Uni educated people yet your average village idiot could do a better job.
Judging by the performances dished out by LNP/ALP it is painfully obvious that education is not helpful at all but they'll fight tooth & nail not to let pragmatic newcomers into their circles.
Posted by individual, Friday, 1 March 2019 4:02:30 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy