The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Clive Palmer gets my vote.

Clive Palmer gets my vote.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. All
I will give my vote to the United Australia party.
Clive has spent so much and worked so hard to get my vote.

He deserves it.

Labor and Liberal governments have been jumping up and down for three decades and it appears to they have done nothing to really help ordinary Australians.
Housing costs have skyrocketed so our children will be in greater debt than my generation.
In 1967, a home could be purchased for $10,000.

An average wage was $100 per week and many young couples saved $5000 before they married and then purchased their first home.
Immigrants often worked two jobs and paid off their first home in five to ten years.

Equality was also better in 1967.

Politicians retired on a modest pension and Local councilors were unpaid volunteers, so rates were minimal.
The difference between the minimum paid worker and an executive was not as great as they are today.

Tax was minimal.

In 1967, you were allowed to water your garden with a sprinker,burn rubbish and garden refuse and never had councils picking up three different coloured bins taking them all to land fill as they do in the recycleable 2000's.
Australia had the cheapest gas ,electricity and water .
So tell me what have the Lib/ Lab coalition politicians done for Australia.
The Australian Conservatives will get my second preference as they want Australians to be taxed less and keep more of their earnings.
Sadly our politicians have ensured that my vote will eventually finish up as a LIBLAB vote due to the crazy preference system.

I hope that the United Australia Party hold the balance of power so we get new power stations, cheaper water and gas prices and most importantly that our young people are not saddled with crippling debt as the LIBLAB's have done.
It is time to kick the old school tie boys in parliament.
Bill Shorten and Christopher Pyne were both educated at high fees Jesuit colleges which only the wealthiest could afford.

How they can represent the ordinary Aussie voter is remarkable.
Posted by BROCK, Sunday, 24 February 2019 11:27:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Brock,
I'd like to see Palmer & Bernardi working towards making LNP/ALP accountable.
LNP are too out of touch & ALP will never muster sufficient integrity to ever govern sensibly.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 24 February 2019 1:03:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks BROCK and individual!
Your intended vote will assist the ALP
This election, apart from the chook pen, will be won by the big two
Not a man who could not hold his last team together
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 24 February 2019 2:38:18 PM
Your intended vote will assist the ALP
Belly,
perhaps, perhaps not ! I think there'll be a major swing against the majors or at least there should be !
Then again, we do have an oversize public service which is 99% Leftist which is the backbone of Labor !
I just hope integrity wins over political manipulation.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 24 February 2019 3:35:01 PM
individual mate!
Statements like that may be funny but they highlight you are out of touch
Tomorrow we will see another poll
It may well still show a swing back to LNP
But not a victory
Vote as you wish, but dream on, Conservatives will astound me if they win seats in the lower house while standing as other than LNP
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 24 February 2019 4:27:25 PM
Palmer is a shonk, who runs on other peoples money. Failed last time, will fail again.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 24 February 2019 8:10:21 PM
Election analyst Antony Green has stated that
Clive Palmer's political chances in the seat
of Herbert were "nil." According to Mr Green
Clive Palmer's reputation in Herbert which takes
in the regional town of Townsville was severely
damaged by the collapse of Palmer's Queensland
Nickel Business in 2016.

The major employer closed with debts of $300 million
which liquidators are attempting to claw back in a
Supreme Court trial.

Mr Palmer claims that "It's public record that most
Queensland Nickel workers have been paid everything
they're owed." He claims that reports of money owing
is "fake news." However he refuses to elaborate on
how many have been paid and why the Supreme Court
trial. Instead he's spending money on adds, games,
and running for office. Debts don't seem to be a
concern. Imagine if we had this man running our
country? Or perhaps we can just take a
look at the US under Mr Trump - to get e better picture
of what could lie ahead. "Australia will really get to
cop it!
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 24 February 2019 9:38:45 PM
Gentlemen and Lady, Clive, like Pauline, has trouble holding his elected team together
It insults those who vote for them
Watching elected members join another party
Supporters have every right to feel betrayed
HINT if you do not want a Labor government
Vote LNP
a VOTE FOR Clive, may just as well be put in the rubbish bin out side the polling booth
Posted by Belly, Monday, 25 February 2019 5:11:33 AM
Hi Foxy and Belly,

Palmer is running on a platform of "I represent the battlers!" What a joke, you would have to be some wet behind the ears new boy in town to fall for Palmer's tripe. Not far from me, at a major intersection, Palmer has a huge billboard and its not the only one, got to cost $5k/week, prime time TV ads, letter box drops. wow seems money is no object.
Agree Belly, I have more respect for the LNP than I do for Palmer, even Hanson and Bernardi are more genuine. The bloke I think is good value in Queensland, and is as crazy as a cut snake, is The Mad Katter.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 25 February 2019 6:14:24 AM
A little warning about Clive:

In a recent flyer he bragged that he had blocked proposed government cuts in grants to activist, political brainwashing universities. He also bragged that he had aided 300 illegal immigrants to get transferred from Christmas Island to Australia. There was another Lefty act he was proud, which I've forgotten, along with any thought I had that CP might have been a serious option.

But, those two points were enough for me. Clive supports taxpayer money going to brainwashing camps called universities, and Clive condones illegal immigration.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 25 February 2019 9:20:56 AM
Paul /Foxy Clive has much in common with Trump, or wants us to think he has
Has got the Terminological in-exactitude down to pat
He knows our chook pen is the only home he can get a seat in
And too understands those who vote for him do not know him
Posted by Belly, Monday, 25 February 2019 12:59:24 PM
Paul,

I think the abilities of shonks are greatly underestimated - not in any sort of political representation but due to their genius to con great numbers of people. After all, it's working in the US.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Monday, 25 February 2019 2:07:13 PM
Belly,
just a quick one if you please. We know Trump & palmer employed a lot of people over the years. How many do Shorten & other leftists employ ? Or were they only ever party to union deals that saw businesses closed down & workers laid off ?
Posted by individual, Monday, 25 February 2019 2:49:06 PM
Thanks for the invitation individual
Your post is in fact an invitation
It says in headlines ask a silly question get a silly answer
Shame is it is just not worth trying to find some thing for you
Posted by Belly, Monday, 25 February 2019 3:10:49 PM
Belly,
that's your cheapest cop-out yet !
Posted by individual, Monday, 25 February 2019 5:05:05 PM
//We know Trump & Palmer employed a lot of people over the years//. And we know lots of people never got paid. I'm bankrupt can't pay you, 'Queensland Nickle'.

Indy you simply have a begging bowl mentality when it comes to workers. Everyone should be grateful for the Lord and Master, well its a two way street. How many workers helped to make Trump and Palmer millionaires.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 26 February 2019 4:08:55 AM
Paul1405,
The other day whilst a Clive Palmer ad was on Tv in the pub one of the bright staunch Labor gits blurted out "that's $hit" when Palmer laid out his idea about tax. When I asked Dumbo what was so bad about stopping the waste of taxpayers money & trying to improve the economy, Dumbo had no answer. It was like as if I was talking to you & Belly.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 26 February 2019 8:12:22 AM
understand works both ways. The mind is like
a parachute - only works when open. Some people
would simply not bother engaging - they can see
who they're dealing with.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 26 February 2019 11:23:08 AM
Foxy,
Parachutes are deployed no matter what is attached to them & unlike the leftists they do come back to Earth.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 26 February 2019 12:44:48 PM
Really, it doesn't matter who you vote for: you will get a politician, and nothing will change.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 26 February 2019 1:54:16 PM
I am frustrated at the idea that no matter who we vote for, nothing will change.
I have been promoting the idea of voting for independents for years, but deep down I am aware of the evil that is; The Govt.
I know of no method which will change the evil mindset of the modern politician.
It matters not that some naive 'do good-er' thinks they are going to convert a bunch of criminals.
It will never happen under the current legal system.
Like the banks, the Royal Commission was a right royal con job.
The one thing I was hoping to get from the RC into banks, was at least, separation or the splitting up of the speculative arm from the savings and loans arm of the bank.
But NO, especially when the pigs altered the final report to suite the banks.
No, I'm sorry but we desperately need stronger, more decisive action to remove the current filth from the swamp, and I don't mind if physical action is used and terminal outcomes are achieved.
This way it will hopefully send a loud and clear message to anyone considering taking advantage of the people once more, to reflect and hopefully, retract from doing so.
Nothing less will do, because as long as we have naive, simple minded, people with childlike mentality, we will never get out of this hole.
We, the people, have to act at the same level as the politicians, because if we don't, they will ALWAYS have it over us with their lies and deceit.
Posted by ALTRAV, Tuesday, 26 February 2019 10:12:46 PM
as long as we have naive, simple minded, people with childlike mentality, we will never get out of this hole.
ALTRAV,
Yeah, like the Leftists who are opposed to a National Service & who vote Labor because their Dads voted Labor !
And, those in the LNP who are so out of touch, it hurts !
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 26 February 2019 11:41:43 PM
Well Indy, your mate in the pub, unless you have interment knowledge, or he had tickets plastered all over himself "I vote Labor" you are clueless.

The only evidence of Palmer is his previous sojourn into politics which was an unmitigated disaster. There were those on here then trumpeting the political virtues of Big Clive, I think you were one of them. His business dealing are also rather suspect at best.

You like to push unsubstantiated drivel, remember how I called you out on the 95% claim you made up, or a recent 99% claim, the figure grows, another fabrication.

//as long as we have naive, simple minded, people with childlike mentality, we will never get out of this hole.// That's you Indy.

//No, I'm sorry but we desperately need stronger, more decisive action to remove the current filth from the swamp, and I don't mind if physical action is used and terminal outcomes are achieved.//
Il duce is calling for a violent armed revolution of some kind, all from the comfort of his keyboard. Where is our General Brassbottom from the SAS (Secret Armed Security) to put a stop to this sedition, and Scum O'claims to be big on security!

Like you that great philosopher and visionary Fladious Fucknuckle had brilliant ideas. Never heard of Fladious? Like you if Fladious had got off the khazi long enough to write down his brilliant ideas, the World would be a better place today.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 27 February 2019 6:56:47 AM
https://www.ato.gov.au/law/view/document?LocID=%22ITR%2FIT2343%2FNAT%2FATO%22&PiT=99991231235958

This one is for those who believe Labor can manage, it's on the drawing board again.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 27 February 2019 8:46:50 AM
Paul1405,
thank you for exposing yourself so unashamedly !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 27 February 2019 8:58:55 AM
Paul, we all know what you are, what you stand for, we don't really care because you demonstrate over and over to the point of ad-nauseam, your lean to the left.
You refuse to believe that your beloved left has been 'in bed' with the rest of the scum in Canberra for longer than I care to imagine.
As for your comments about my choice of actions in an attempt at righting a most serious and evil wrong, instead of bagging me and my opinion, no, suggestion or comments, where's your brilliant solution to getting rid of the thieves and con-men (and other animals) in Canberra?
What I am promoting is the actions of people who are truly informed and want to see real change and actions being taken, and not like yourself who are simply happy to bag the sh!t out of anyone you consider beneath your status.
Mate there is no-one beneath your status, your about as low as one can go.
If I'm so stupid and your so smart, then YOU tell tell us how to rid ourselves of the scum in Canberra, well actually ALL politicians for that matter.
You bag everyone else on every idea and suggestion, yet you are conspicuously silent in offering even the most subtle of suggestions.
Sorry mate, you can't be taken seriously if you do not 'put up'.
You know the old saying, 'put up or shut up'.
Posted by ALTRAV, Wednesday, 27 February 2019 10:31:17 AM
Oh dear Altrav, you want me to offer a solution to your false premise, //no, suggestion or comments, where's your brilliant solution to getting rid of the thieves and con-men (and other animals) in Canberra?// If that statement was true, which I believe is unrealistic, then I would be offering suggestions and comments.

//Paul, we all know what you are, what you stand for, we don't really care because you demonstrate over and over to the point of ad-nauseam, your lean to the left.//

Who are the "we" people, yes I am no phoney fascists. Maybe you are the Queen of England and using the royal singular, I don't know.

//I'm sorry but we desperately need stronger, more decisive action to remove the current filth from the swamp, and I don't mind if physical action is used and terminal outcomes are achieved.//

I must misunderstand you, you are sorry, are you really sorry, sorry for what, you want to chop heads off chooks, but don't want to spill their blood. Interesting, but I don't believe you.

//What I am promoting is the actions of people who are truly informed and want to see real change and actions being taken,//

Where are you promoting this action plan of yours, on this forum among the truly informed, the Indy's and Hassy's. Well done fella, I'll keep that in mind.

//You bag everyone else on every idea and suggestion// Not so, unless you and a couple of the other ratbags are everyone. I could name several posters I often agree with, but that's not you.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 27 February 2019 6:10:32 PM
Paul, you can add straw man to your CV.
When I say 'I'm sorry', it's because I am sorry I cannot find the words to convince you, and others, of the futility of your beliefs.
The rest of your attempts at 'come backs' are not worthy of consideration as you continue to avoid/evade the proposals I submit.
YOU may find them too confronting.
This only exposes your lack of courage and conviction.
We, 'the people' are being had, no matter what the name of the party, if you can't see that, then you must not engage in conversations about politics.
I believe in positive action, not prolonged conversations.
While you and your mob are doing nothing but talking about doing nothing, we, the rest of the population is getting ripped off.
So yes, I would condone some kind of revolution, if it meant cleaning out the scum.
The example I was once given was that when high profile figures were jailed, nothing changed, as with Alan Bond.
He still ran his business from inside jail, nothing changed.
Why?
Because he was still alive.
Now think for a minute if we still had the death penalty, would we have the same scum attempting the same things they're getting away with right now?
Posted by ALTRAV, Wednesday, 27 February 2019 8:19:10 PM
ALTRAV, you said "we", I asked who are you speaking for, and have they given their consent for you to speak on their behalf. Of course not, the use of "we" or everyone, is and old tactic of trying to add strength to your argument, by falsely including others on your side, inclusion of you, at the exclusion of me. You see yourself as part of the whole, whilst I am ostracised and isolated by the body complete.
Then when you can't provide evidence, you simply try to be dismissive with a, I can't be bothered, its not that important etc.

//Now think for a minute if we still had the death penalty, would we have the same scum attempting the same things they're getting away with right now?//
In the context of politics are you talking about a firing squad?

//I believe in positive action, not prolonged conversations.// What positive action have YOU undertaken thus far? If not then you are engaging in prolonged conversations, commonly called piss and wind.

//So yes, I would condone some kind of revolution, if it meant cleaning out the scum.// With that great think tank in your head, surly you can be more specific that "some kind". How long have you been dreaming about the "some kind of revolution"?

You come on here claiming to be some kind of action man, where is your action, man. All in your minds eye me thinks
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 28 February 2019 5:23:23 AM
Special announcement from head nurse at the old folks home: Mr ALTRAV will be performing his hit show 'Some Kind of Revolution' in the Conservatorium this morning at 11.30am, after the morning sleep, this will replace the normal bingo session. All house guests are reminded to take their medication before attending, and if you wear an incontinence pad, be sure and do so, as the show is rather long. Light morning refreshment of tea and scones will be served during the interval, please leave your teeth in for this special treat, and no crumbs on the floor please, we have just vacuumed the Conservatorium.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 28 February 2019 6:02:37 AM
Paul, instead of 'taking the piss' and demonstrating your shortcomings to all and sunder, try actually working up a thought or two on how to fix this scum problem.
You ask 'what kind of positive action have I taken'?
Writing to ministers, making submissions on various issues as they arise and highlighting faults and failures, including corrective actions and directives.
You see unlike you, handing out 'how to vote' pamphlets, does not constitute 'positive action', just personal ingratiation and self importance.
And as for my being representative of the 'people', I know I represent the people and in 'their' best interest, so you keep on handing out your pamphlets and patting yourself and your mates on the back, and I'll keep pushing for real change and reform.
By your last comment you have demonstrated your level of intellect, by your attempt at point scoring you have evaded the issues at hand.
A typical straw man trait.
You mock and knock, but you offer no suggestions in return, to counter my 'outrageous' suggestion of 'eliminating' the scum with 'prejudice'.
So smart arse, got anything worth saying, instead of your usual unintelligible, left, self serving, mis-informed drivel?
No?
Well you keep writing fantasies, someday a publisher as twisted and demented as yourself may 'pick you up' and publish you yet.
In the meantime stop dragging others off topic to satisfy your myopic ego.
Posted by ALTRAV, Thursday, 28 February 2019 8:34:45 AM
This was a reasonable topic deserving of reasonable comments. It has now descended into individual differences of opinion between people who will always disagree with each other on just about everything. What a waste of time! Nobody is going to change his mind just because another body disagrees with him. Get over it. Online squabbles are not going to affect elections; only votes can do that.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 28 February 2019 8:50:12 AM
ttbn, I agree, please don't think I enjoy talking to brick walls.
I don't subscribe to off topic banter, like this current response, BUT, when someone decides to make it personal, I MUST respond in kind, or I fear other readers will think I am accepting the accusations and slurs.
If the accuser is flawed or wrong in their comments, it is incumbent upon the accused to respond in kind, if he KNOWS the accusations are unfounded or flippant.
So it is that I have always preached, 'staying on topic', BUT, I will also follow up on comments requiring challenge and corrections.
I thank you for bringing this 'return to topic' point up and the futility of trying to enlighten some people.
I cannot however, guarantee that it will not happen again, only that I will pick my battles more judiciously.
Posted by ALTRAV, Thursday, 28 February 2019 10:15:06 AM
ALTRAV,

Fair enough; I'm 'opining’ remember, not telling. I take your point about some people getting personal, but that's all they've got; they don't have arguments, just ideology. You only have to look at the 'leader’ of the Greens and think, well if that's the best they can get to lead them, there's nothing to be had from his hoi polloi supporters. All Greens leaders have been pathetic because there is nothing better in the ranks.

I also think that, rather than thinking that you accept slurs, other posters would be be thinking about the attitude of the halfwit spewing out the slurs. I choose to ignore halfwits, but I understand that you do things your way. I'll stick with ignoring the halfwits, but I do get pleasure from reading your responses to halwits, all the same. Cheers.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 28 February 2019 12:10:15 PM
ALTRAV, all very strange indeed. In reference to all politicians;

//I know of no method which will change the evil mindset of the modern politician. No, I'm sorry but we desperately need stronger, more decisive action to remove the current filth from the swamp, and I don't mind if physical action is used and terminal outcomes are achieved.//
//We, 'the people' are being had, no matter what the name of the party, if you can't see that, then you must not engage in conversations about politics.
I believe in positive action, not prolonged conversations.//

You would think if things were as bad as you claim then engagement with any current politician would be useless and simply pandering to the system. What we need is direct action, but what do we get, this;

//You ask 'what kind of positive action have I taken'?
Writing to ministers, making submissions on various issues as they arise and highlighting faults and failures, including corrective actions and directives.//

Obviously these evil politicians would have their own agenda, and you writing to them, making submissions etc would be useless. Besides anything from you would be hived off to a functionary for a bit of acknowledgement at best.

If you want to talk to some politicians, maybe you would be better off ringing them direct on their private mobile number, having them as friends on Facebook, messenger, e-mail, go to dinner at their home, or when time permits talk over a cup of coffee before work. Then they could really let you know what the state of play is on some issues. You can do a lot more than hand out HTV's.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 28 February 2019 4:13:56 PM
I would like to see Australians to become patriotic & ask our political parties to pull out their fingers.
I'd like the opposition (whichever it is) to stop sabotaging everything the incumbent Govt is trying to implement.
I'd like the incumbent Govt to freeze public service salaries for three federal terms & have the opposition approve the move.
Have a flat tax for wage earners.
Increase Pension funds & make Super funds voluntary.
Create a pay for your pension contribution before being absent from Australia.
Nip negative gearing in the bud for non-business.
Start developing a National Service program.
Start work on a Bradfield type scheme for the Lake Eyre region which will also benefit the river systems & farming.
Start developing a food bowl in suitable areas.
Develop foreign aid industries for goods such as tents, tools, water facilities, basic machinery etc instead of just money. This would create a lot of employment here & less money would be wasted.
Start planning for flood mitigation & make LG town planners responsible for allowing to build in flood prone areas. Use dredged material on land instead of dumping at sea. Widen rivers in built up area.
Work toward a "no national Service attended, no positions in Govt".
OLO'ers please contribute to this list !
Posted by individual, Thursday, 28 February 2019 6:36:56 PM
Indy, I applaud your initiatives and agree with most of what you suggest.
Where-as your approach is to 'wrestle' with all eight of the octopus's tentacles, my approach is to attack the head, thereby killing off not only the tentacles but the thing which controls them, so with one action we have taken care of eight problems.
Now I see the biggest problem in politics, apart from the ministers themselves, are the LOBBYISTS.
Get rid of them and we begin to get rid of the bigger problem.
These guys are nothing more than snake oil salesmen.
They are either old pollies or low-life friends of them.
They do nothing but talk and put 'dirty' deals together.
Why do you think so many contracts are issued to foreign companies?
Because it's easier to hide the details and money trail.
Or is it that Aussies are not up to the task, and all this bluster about world's best practices and as good as any country, must be a load of BS.
Or is it?
A simple example as to why we pay so much more for our cars than the rest of the world.
When the car manufacturing industry ended in Australia, I was among a chorus of people who wrote and made submissions and gave advise to a govt backed review of the motor car industry and in particular, 'imports'.
The submissions were unanimous and in concert that we should remove any and all import restrictions, as we had the most rigorous car registration and compliance standards in the world.
We found out recently that Porsche (amongst others) lobbied the govt so hard against any dilution of the import acts that we are worse off than before.
The new act is rumoured to state that we cannot import a car any younger than 25 years old.
We're supposed to get solace in the fact that it will be a 'rolling' date.
BIG DEAL!
Again, bloody lobbyists.
Look we don't stand a chance where money is concerned so that's why I promote a more aggressive form of the peoples version of lobbying.
Posted by ALTRAV, Thursday, 28 February 2019 9:45:19 PM
My old work mate, a staunch Labor supporter just told me he'll vote for Shorten because he promised to renew the push for a Republic. He reckons Shorten will be taken out by Wong into a second term.
Where are the economics in that ?
Posted by individual, Friday, 1 March 2019 9:36:31 AM
My vote goes to those with the slightest indication of ridding us of ALP/LNP majority.
We need to put a stop to progressive regress !
Make the undeserving federal fat-cats tighten their belts.
Bernardi's mob hinted at doing that. If they could get the backing of ON & Palmer united, the Nation will be entering phase 1 of recovery.
Posted by individual, Friday, 1 March 2019 10:43:47 AM
Clive wouldn't get my vote in a fat man competition, even if the rest of the contenders were anorexic by comparison.
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 1 March 2019 11:18:16 AM
Issy, it's a good thing he's not campaigning to win a 'fat man' competition.
He is however trying to win a seat in govt.
He is different to what's already ensconsed in the govt right now.
I will never say he's better, even I am not that obtuse.
No he's just different, and when he says he is 'independent', we can only hope that he truly is, and not just another 'YES' suction cap, pretending to be independent.
If any independent ever hints at preferences, as far as I am concerned he's just another scumbag, like the rest of em'.
I want people who vote in accordance with THEIR electorates wishes on every bill, and definitely not along 'party lines'.
I don't think there are many true independents, which is very sad and disappointing.
It means labour will get in and we will cop another term of pain and puss.
Nothing will change, except for the increase in pain we will be suffering.
Posted by ALTRAV, Friday, 1 March 2019 1:34:20 PM
If it were down to personality most politicians wouldn't be in the job. Luckily, there are thinking people on election day who consider what's better for the country's future than what some pollies look like.
Just look at the present outfits. LNP & ALP are chokkers with Uni educated people yet your average village idiot could do a better job.
Judging by the performances dished out by LNP/ALP it is painfully obvious that education is not helpful at all but they'll fight tooth & nail not to let pragmatic newcomers into their circles.
Posted by individual, Friday, 1 March 2019 4:02:30 PM
News from the back of the taxi, more precisely, from the front of the Uber;

Coming home yesterday from the airport in Brisbane, as we passed a Big Clive, big billboard. The driver, a pleasant Aussie chap, ventured to say "What an irrelevant joke that bloke is." Who? "That Clive Palmer, I'm not political but I don't hear anyone say they are going to vote for him, or they even like him, what a waste of money." Got to trust what you hear in the back of a taxi, or the front of an Uber, whatever the case may be.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 6 March 2019 9:33:33 AM
Got a flyer from Clive again today. Now he wants mortgage payments tax deductible. The man is a commo!
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 6 March 2019 10:52:52 AM
Nah, ttbn that's pork barrelling, nothing that Old Clive would believe in, just a scummy attempt at vote buying. No doubt Big Clive has seen the polls, with the Big C sitting on 0%, or there abouts.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 6 March 2019 2:15:14 PM
My youngest daughter announced at the last election, she was voting for Palmer. She reckoned a successful business man was a good idea.

I asked her recently if she was going to vote for him again. She gave me a withering look, which I could only interoperate as a "please don't remind me" & said not a word.

I guess she's growing up.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 6 March 2019 3:22:49 PM
//My youngest daughter announced at the last election, she was voting for Palmer. She reckoned a successful business man was a good idea.//

Must be related to Hasbeen, he gets everything wrong as well. Palmer did not contest the last election.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 6 March 2019 7:19:49 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy